Purchase link: Maleficent (sold-out)
Price: £24.99
Notes: 4,000 copies, Full gloss finish

01.jpg

02.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg
Maleficent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, i am annoyed as i would have cancelled it before thes dispatched it!!!
Already received the spanish version and can't even watch 3D with my equipment...
Main reason i would have cancelled it is the Price. I paid 31,49 Euros for the Steelbook and will now have to pay 19% Tax on top of that on it due to the price...
This (the price and cost involved!) would have not been a problem to me if i indeed would get a DIFFERENT Steelbook (design)!
So i am not satisfied at all... and it does not matter to me if zavvi did this now or any other Retailer would have done it

For an ONLINE RETAILER (to show the WRONG artwork and even confirming that the actual product they sell/send out looks like that!) this is UNACCEPTABLE imo!

When zavvi realized that the spanish steelbook was selling so well they thought -"We are going to loose alot of sales on this one, let the fools think this one is white."-

It's a steelbook of 2 halves, really nice front- good image and nice debossing and embossing; then I guess they ran out of ideas for the back. Thought it might make sense when it was flat but no it just looks black and boring. Nice inside though, overall I'm happy but understandably people will be upset if they've ordered both versions just to find out they're the same :confused:

well my post woman been about 20mins ago and nothing bloody zavvi could'nt even get here for today :angry:

by the way those that have bought spain one i'd get it back on the bay quick and sell it on before people work out what has gone on might get some of your money back if your quick as a thought.

anyway hope get mine tommorrow, my sister used to sing this for hours when i was a kid could make you cry in the end. how i didn't beat her with a bat as she used to drive everyone up the wall with it :banghead::banghead::banghead:

basil:thumbs:

Mine arrived today and has under gone a colour change from white to black. Yet the Zavvi site is still showing it as white, surely they should have updated it to reflect the correct artwork. Though I can't help but feel all they really need to do was simply put artwork to be confirmed on the listing. I know I shouldn't be suprised but you would have thought the final artwork would have been confirmed to them weeks ago, when it went to print.

I'm kinda relaxed about the colour, the black still looks good in hand (got mine today). My only slight disappointment is the plain black back, no image or anything. Still happy overall though

Finally here, I held off buying the Spain version until I saw what the zavvi edition would be, totally agree with everyone it's miss leading consumers should be laws against all this kind of thing really and they have no excuses even when they packaging and shipping the product so they dam well know what the artwork is so just change the picture on the site and stop false advertising. Look at blufans and all the other Asian companies we know what the art is for a new release long before it comes out its not hard zavvi just too criminal with there dirty marketing tactics. With all that said I would love to say how I really wanted the white one shown in the picture buts that would be a lie I prefer the Spanish version to that one once I saw it and if someone else decide to bring a similar artwork out for that white one i will double dip for sure.

Attachments

• 2014-10-20 11.44.43.jpg
    2014-10-20 11.44.43.jpg
    836.1 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: harry
I echo everyone's disappointment with Zavvi. Although it looks great I was just looking forward to a white release.

Here's a photo of the amazing back ;) and the inside with discs now I've opened mine.

View attachment 109490

View attachment 109491

View attachment 109492
I think Disney have excelled themselves on the back artwork ;):mad:
Thanks for your pictures. Added them to the OP. :)

Now, personally, I'm really gutted/disappointed it's not the white version since it would have been a KILLER to have a black&white combo with the Spanish edition. BUT, since I loved the Spanish edition since day one (even considered really hard getting it), I'm more than happy we finally get it.
As a lot of you said, I'm a little :angry: at Zavvi for wrong advertisement, BUT as we all know, it's NOT Zavvi's fault. It's Disney. THEY send the seller the info, THEY are responsible for this "communication error" and unfortunately, Zavvi is gonna blamed by everyone while Disney will continue their business as usual.

So, I can't wait to receive this beauty. The embossing is :drool:, the finish looks awesome, the Inside art fits, the back is hum... "lazy" ? Oh and the film is great btw ;)

Heck I'm also really happy we get a Disney release with a nice artwork and title on the front and spine haven't seen that in a while so let's try look at some of the positives here people long may it continue.