Purchase link: Maleficent (sold-out)
Price: £24.99
Notes: 4,000 copies, Full gloss finish

01.jpg

02.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg
Maleficent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The general impression I get from the comments here is a mix if naivety and opportunism. It is a little naive to trust customer service employees (we often know more than they do about Steelbooks), especially those who work for a company that is generally distrusted on this forum. On the other hand, I think some are going to use this as a chance to claw a few pounds back. If it's such a big deal no less than a refund is acceptable but I don't think many will be returning their copies.

Zavvi always cover their backsides by adding a disclaimer about artwork to their listings anyway, so I don't think there is any obligation from a legal view.

And the smug post of the year goes to ....

;)

I don't think it was naivety just optimism. Anyone able to find the interview Zavvi gave on here a while back? I think it might make interesting re-reading

• Informative
Reactions: snooloui
Same here, mine is black too. Was hoping for the white copy. At least it is not silver. My zavvi box came a bit bashed in a corner but the steelbook is ok, somit could of been worse.

Not going to lie.

Im actually devastated having waited so long for this steel

(Admittedly, im on the GB for it - so it hasnt even arrived - but was properly looking forward to the white steel).

The black looks boring and humdrum.

PS But ignore everything I say in regards aesthetics, as im in the minority of people who really like the GOTG Steel.

Reactions: bigdavehopes
Not going to lie.

Im actually devastated having waited so long for this steel

(Admittedly, im on the GB for it - so it hasnt even arrived - but was properly looking forward to the white steel).

The black looks boring and humdrum.

PS But ignore everything I say in regards aesthetics, as im in the minority of people who really like the GOTG Steel.
You didn't wait any long as it has been shipped prior to the release date

You didn't wait any long as it has been shipped prior to the release date

I think you've misunderstood his post. Having waited 4 months for this release since it was announced (19th June) only for the artwork to not be the same is a bit of a kicker. I know the wait for Blufans is often longer, but at least you know what you're going to get

Reactions: Scary Hair
I don't mind that its black
It looks great in my opinion
After seeing the Spanish release I was impressed with the steelbook
I was even considering purchasing the Spanish version
Look at the Spanish release the wow I like this its getting in that thread
Lucky I did not go ahead and purchase the Spanish release

Yes we were expecting the Zavvi to be white based on the Photo on their website and they should have updated it to show its black
If they had not made the mistake of not showing the correct image most of us would be saying this is a great steelbook as lot have said about the Spanish release and we all still been happy well most of us as their will always be some no matter with any release some not happy

This is now better than the Spanish release as it includes the 3D disc and that also has artwork on the disk

To be honest if this was like the photo on the website it most likely would have ended up been silver and not white and we would have been even more annoyed

Its still a great looking steelbook

Zavvi should though update the artwork on their website to show the correct image of the steelbook

Reactions: Drum18
Fair enough but money has not been taken in advance. I would have preferred a white Steel but it is at least the same as the Spanish release with both 3D and 2D for the same price.

Money has been taken without disclosing the actual nature of the product, or announcing the colour change. That is dishonest.

Yes people can return the product if they want, but this only lowers Zavvi's already tarnished reputation further.

I love the black artwork - I really do - but I wanted the white artwork to accompany it. To have this artwork on your site for 4 months (it's still there now) is either incompetence at it's worse, or just plain dishonesty knowing that if you change it, you run the risk of multiple cancellations.

I think each and everyone of us has learned a key lesson from the events leading up to today. No matter how much you love or despise Zavvi, never, ever take their word for granted.

I'm glad it's the same as the Spanish one, I was lead to believe it was reflective of the placeholder artwork, I would've been irked for buying the Spanish release too!

I have never seen so many people complain about such a gorgeous steelbook (despite the blank back).

However, I do sympathize with the folks that pre-ordered it and had their hearts set on the white art. When you pay over $40 for a steelbook, you should know EXACTLY what you are getting.... and the fact that Zavvi is so clueless that they themselves didn't know what they were sending to us, frightens me, to tell you the truth...

Reactions: thewhiteknight