Maleficent (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Dec 13, 2018
Release date: November 4, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order live on Saturday August 17 from 6 PM UK time)
Price: £27.99

12252364-3054697589512463.jpg

12252364-3944697589382593.jpg 12252364-3784697589256416.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want this but german customs are a joke, last time I ordered a £25 steelbook they wanted me to pay 26,85€ fees

I really want this but german customs are a joke, last time I ordered a £25 steelbook they wanted me to pay 26,85€ fees
26,85€ fees? they fooled you! £25 ~ €27,34, so €5,19 importation tax...when you have bad luck you have to pay DHL (€6) as well, so €11,19

I will be passing on this release as I already have the beautiful looking 3D/2D steelbook with same front artwork and that has title embossed and is a gloss finish.

This steelbook has no title on front artwork

I don't have 4K setup so 4K UHD disc not something I need

If this had been totally different front artwork I might have double dipped

26,85€ fees? they fooled you! £25 ~ €27,34, so €5,19 importation tax...when you have bad luck you have to pay DHL (€6) as well, so €11,19

Yea it was 20,85€ import fees (almost 80% instead of 19%) + 6€ DHL
I refused to pay so they sent it back to zavvi..

Yea it was 20,85€ import fees (almost 80% instead of 19%) + 6€ DHL
I refused to pay so they sent it back to zavvi..
Vat germany is 19%
You should of only had vat on cost price/shipping + €6 DHL handling fee

Zavvi steelbooks £24.99 is €29.99 in Euros on Zavvi Website
Zavvi sterling/euro conversion not right but that's a different matter

€29.99 × 19% = €5.69
Add DHL €6.00 fee that's €11.69

Yep, paid £25.19, used the red carpet 10% off everything code and link. Just did it again to check with another pre order. Worked fine. £22.49 for Lock Up.

Reactions: Stygian
If it helps. I have been logging in, going to the RC menu options, selecting the 10% off everything option, then selecting what I want and adding to basket, adding the rc code (as per the link selected).

If it helps. I have been logging in, going to the RC menu options, selecting the 10% off everything option, then selecting what I want and adding to basket, adding the rc code (as per the link selected).

Cheers, still doesn't want to work for me sadly, but that's deffo something to keep in mind.

Reactions: jasong
Yep, paid £25.19, used the red carpet 10% off everything code and link. Just did it again to check with another pre order. Worked fine. £22.49 for Lock Up.
The RC codes do NOT work currently for the Maleficent steelbook, I tried, it does work for Lock-Up as you say, but that's because zavvi have forgotten to disable codes for it, the WELCOME346 code gives you the same 10% off Lock up if you try that, and I just have. I suspect you have to be quick with the early access Pre-orders for the RC codes to work and I suspect the WELCOME346 would work just as well, until codes are disabled.

Vat germany is 19%
You should of only had vat on cost price/shipping + €6 DHL handling fee

Zavvi steelbooks £24.99 is €29.99 in Euros on Zavvi Website
Zavvi sterling/euro conversion not right but that's a different matter

€29.99 × 19% = €5.69
Add DHL €6.00 fee that's €11.69

I know how customs work but the guys working at the customs office apparently don't.

PhotoEditor_20190818_011350855.jpg

Everything I order from them is with a discount code or price drop so I make the same savings without this scheme
I can answer now, didn't want to jinx anything :LOL:. I had a feeling the code would be disabled during the first preorder period and not usable when it goes live for general sale. I wouldn't be surprised if this was done partly to stop us all using the code, there was no warning that this was going live and I didn't get an email until around 12pm yesterday.

Reactions: Flloydo
I can answer now, didn't want to jinx anything :LOL:. I had a feeling the code would be disabled during the first preorder period and not usable when it goes live for general sale. I wouldn't be surprised if this was done partly to stop us all using the code, there was no warning that this was going live and I didn't get an email until around 12pm yesterday.

100% done so we couldn’t use it.
They are crafty fucckers that will literally try to make everyone join this

Reactions: hoppusdelonge
100% done so we couldn’t use it.
They are crafty fucckers that will literally try to make everyone join this
I'll probably end up cancelling non sold out items close to release, then reorder with code when they're in stock. Probably end up waiting for more items to be in a sale too. Annoying having to remember to do this though.

Reactions: Flloydo
I'll probably end up cancelling non sold out items close to release, then reorder with code when they're in stock. Probably end up waiting for more items to be in a sale too. Annoying having to remember to do this though.

Yeah it is frustrating, but I do that too sometimes and I think a lot do. As long as you remember to cancel about a week before release it should be ok.

Saying that, catalogue releases could always come sooner like they did with the matrix 4k steels, they took the money and released them well before the release dates