Man of Steel (4K and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (HDzeta Exclusive Gold Label) [China]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: October 20, 2019
Purchase link: Pre-order and GB September 10, 2019 at 10 AM EST
Group buy: Full Slip - Double Lenti - Boxset
Notes: WEA Steelbook, 4K+3D+2D

Man of Steel, lenticular box set.jpgMan of Steel, double lenticular slip.jpgMan of Steel, full slip.jpgMan of Steel, 4K UHD lenticular slip (only box set).jpgMan of Steel, special pack (only for box set).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tbh as much as I like the front (which id never seen that art before) that back is soooo craaaaap.

I did the same earlier and zoomed in at the arts, had a proper look, plus I found the actual front art that you can see below for a clearer view.

Honestly man, it’s becoming annoying now. And the few that do point this out like ourselves and a few others just get moaned at when really we’re speaking logic and preference. Iike your not allowed an opinion. Just because you like that retailer and buy everything from them, you can speak your mind if you genuinely don’t like the art or a certain edition. A lot of members (not everyone but some) are bias towards some retailers and films. It’s Very noticeable

Or people making comments like you’ve only waited for this editon for 4k

Well yeah I have. I don’t buy ammary anymore because most films I want, get steels or premiums now (if I do buy an ammray it’s usually a collectors editon but extremely rare for me nowadays). I don’t mind waiting on editons but why would I waste more money on a 4k standard ammray for £25 and then buy it again in premium when I don’t buy ammray lol. Room and money come into play and i prefer my steelbooks. I knew this was coming with 4K so I thought I’ll get this instead and not pay for both this and a amamray 4k editon. So them releasing 2 singles both with 3D instead of 4k is so stupid.

Anyway, it’s cool, I’ve gone off zeta anyway and it’s no biggie. Nothing is wow anyway. Just the front of that full slip because it’s so diiferent to any art I’ve seen for this film but that back is utterly shocking

Heres a clearer image of the full slip art for anyone who wants a better look

View attachment 444300

The far right of the below image is what they are using on the back lol

View attachment 444299

Thank you for posting these poster images. I haven't seen them before. I didn't like the back of the slip but my guess was that was all that they could come up with colour wise to go along with the front of the slip. Now that I see this poster I see that the slip is a wraparound image so that makes more sense. Even though there is nothing to see on the back, at least now I know what the "nothing" is that I'm looking at. Also, I didn't realize that his eyes were red.

Reactions: djjez83 and Flloydo
Thank you for posting these poster images. I haven't seen them before. I didn't like the back of the slip but my guess was that was all that they could come up with colour wise to go along with the front of the slip. Now that I see this poster I see that the slip is a wraparound image so that makes more sense. Even though there is nothing to see on the back, at least now I know what the "nothing" is that I'm looking at. Also, I didn't realize that his eyes were red.

Yea I do agree a bit I suppose

I noticed the eyes were red because I had taken zoomed in screen shots of the slips in the beauty shots but yeah never seen that art before and looks quite cool on those posters in a clearer shot. The red eyes are cool

Reactions: Stygian
Also the front of the double lenti is slightly different to the poster. Original poster is like it’s in the snow scene but zetas slip is in the city

Again, for reference

73BCCA25-87BF-4C3B-92E1-6866AA0590F2.jpeg

142552BC-588B-46FC-955B-C6CAF2C0D573.jpeg

Reactions: djjez83
Tbh as much as I like the front (which id never seen that art before) that back is soooo craaaaap.

I did the same earlier and zoomed in at the arts, had a proper look, plus I found the actual front art that you can see below for a clearer view.

Honestly man, it’s becoming annoying now. And the few that do point this out like ourselves and a few others just get moaned at when really we’re speaking logic and preference. Iike your not allowed an opinion. Just because you like that retailer and buy everything from them, you can speak your mind if you genuinely don’t like the art or a certain edition. A lot of members (not everyone but some) are bias towards some retailers and films. It’s Very noticeable

Or people making comments like you’ve only waited for this editon for 4k

Well yeah I have. I don’t buy ammary anymore because most films I want, get steels or premiums now (if I do buy an ammray it’s usually a collectors editon but extremely rare for me nowadays). I don’t mind waiting on editons but why would I waste more money on a 4k standard ammray for £25 and then buy it again in premium when I don’t buy ammray lol. Room and money come into play and i prefer my steelbooks. I knew this was coming with 4K so I thought I’ll get this instead and not pay for both this and a amamray 4k editon. So them releasing 2 singles both with 3D instead of 4k is so stupid.

Anyway, it’s cool, I’ve gone off zeta anyway and it’s no biggie. Nothing is wow anyway. Just the front of that full slip because it’s so diiferent to any art I’ve seen for this film but that back is utterly shocking

Heres a clearer image of the full slip art for anyone who wants a better look

View attachment 444300

The far right of the below image is what they are using on the back lol

View attachment 444299
I totally agree and it seems to be the norm these days sadly. I’m not biased to any particular retailer, it’s always the artwork that gets my money, 100% every single time. Premium steelbooks are expensive and you really have to vote with your wallet these days.

There’s certainly a risk of alienating your fan base if you’re not going to offer everything to everyone. Let the customer make their own mind up, rather than being steered towards buying the one click just to get the edition they want.

Maybe a system could be devised where you can select which discs/format are included? They don’t necessarily have to be in the steelbook, they could be in plastic wallets to be inserted by the customer when they receive it? Saves buying multiple copies just to get the 3D or 4K discs.

Thanks for posting those posters, I’ve honestly never seen those before and they’re really cool.

Reactions: Flloydo
I don't know, with the city in the background it looks too much like the WeET Black Panther B2 lenti except that here Superman is not sticking his claw out at us. HDzeta should have let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

i doubt hdzeta had any say in it and it was all down to the studio

At the end of the day. It’s pretty much always down to the studio, even things like art cards. They give them files of images they can choose from etc and sometimes it’s jusy more limited than other films

Reactions: djjez83
I think if they kept the snow image, it would of sat well with the batman begins rain lenti

I know the dark knight trilogy isn’t connected, however they do include the Wayne enterprise logo from the Nolan trilogy on the satellite that gets smashed in MoS. So there some kind of minute connection (apparently Snyder didn’t know about that until he see the final cut, it was sneaked in at post production - or summat along them lines)

• Informative
Reactions: DMD4k and djjez83
Status
Not open for further replies.