Marvel Collector Corps (Discussion Thread) [Funko]

mlmaier84

EntrepreNINJA
Premium Supporter
Sep 19, 2013
Houston, TX USA
This statement was made by Brian Mariotti (President of Funko) last week about Marvel. It was made in the POP!s section of another forum by Mariotti himself.

"Keep your eyes on a special announcement coming directly from Marvel next week. Next week could one of the most epic weeks in the history of Marvel and Funko." -Brian Mariotti

Anyone have a guess as to what it is? What are you hoping for?

Got to say I'm glad I had decided to cancel this and put the funds towards the smugglers bounty.

Why they didn't do Green Goblin or Hob Goblin I don't know.

I know I was sure it was going to be 6' inch green goblin super disappointing

Mine arrived yesterday... Very Disappointing box for me. So much potential and 90% of it I don't want. And thats a big deal because it costs $50 CND.
I got the 104 Pop. Would have much rather had 105... :squint:

Thinking about canceling my subscription now. I'm not sure what they could do in the GotG box that I would want and after this I don't trust them anymore.

Reactions: Flash
I guess I'll be the odd one out and say that I really liked this box, as the character was one I've always been fond of from the comics/90s. Only disappointment was getting 105 instead of 104, but I was able to get one of those for a really good price. Sorry to those that were disappointed, though. :bag:

• Informative
Reactions: brap88
Mine arrived yesterday... Very Disappointing box for me. So much potential and 90% of it I don't want. And thats a big deal because it costs $50 CND.
I got the 104 Pop. Would have much rather had 105... :squint:

Thinking about canceling my subscription now. I'm not sure what they could do in the GotG box that I would want and after this I don't trust them anymore.

Yeah it's a shame the first few boxes were epic and then to send this and most people don't have a **** clue who this character is and then to put a variant in only some of the boxes pretty disappointing.

I can only guess the GOTG is going to be yet another groot.

Received my box(es) today - in fact not their best one so far, but not a box full of trash as some consider it... :)

FB_IMG_1446560496201.jpg

FB_IMG_1446560501216.jpg

Reactions: Asopp
I left this review after watching an unboxing,

Thought the box was ok, the problem is the other three boxes have been so good that it had a lot to live up to and it didn't quite live up to expectations. I liked everything in the box but nothing stood out for me. The one thing I don't like about the box is the fact that you only get one of two Pops. Would have preferred it if you got both or there was just one available. Hope this doesn't become a recurring theme in future boxes. Going to make it difficult to get all the Marvel Pops if they aren't going to be released elsewhere.

I received mine yesterday and after seeing it in hand my opinion is still the same. I was lucky enough to get the variant in my box so Im fairly pleased with it, I just hope its a one off and they don't offer anymore 'one or the other' Pops.

secret wars isn't very well known either... so for me, its been two subs of disappointment. Only thing i've liked was the villains shirt

Yeah I suppose it was. I know a bit about Secret Wars plus getting 2 Pops made it a good box for me. It seems as if they aren't just focusing on the films for the boxes which suits some people but not others. With the next box already been revealed and the rumours of what the following one will be, I think its worth keeping the sub for at least one more box but each to their own.

Yeah I suppose it was. I know a bit about Secret Wars plus getting 2 Pops made it a good box for me. It seems as if they aren't just focusing on the films for the boxes which suits some people but not others. With the next box already been revealed and the rumours of what the following one will be, I think its worth keeping the sub for at least one more box but each to their own.

i get their not sticking with movies, thats fine but thats not the issue. There are a lot of known marvel characters that haven't been done and just for me personally, the last two boxes i had no idea who these people are that they made for pops. I also understand a lot of comic fans do know these characters, but for someone who is an average fan and doesn't read too many comics, to me its just a bit obscure.

I thought the secret wars was an awesome box, best tshirt so far and two pops never been released before and we obviously many male superheroes so was nice to see female Thor one of my fav pops.

I mean we don't have this Villians box but I think the secret wars one was so good that then to have this villains box with just one pop and really really unknown one at that and only giving some people the rarer zombie one, it was always going to be disappointing think of what they could have had for Villians theme.

Totally agree it could and should have been a lot better, so many better choices for a Spiderman villain Pop let alone the whole of Marvel. I just don't think its as bad as some people are making out but as I said before each to their own. Seen a lot of disappointed reviews on this box all over the place so hopefully Marvel/Funko take it on board and bare it in mind for future boxes. They did bag and back the comics after quite a few people complained so hopefully they take it on board.

Totally agree it could and should have been a lot better, so many better choices for a Spiderman villain Pop let alone the whole of Marvel. I just don't think its as bad as some people are making out but as I said before each to their own. Seen a lot of disappointed reviews on this box all over the place so hopefully Marvel/Funko take it on board and bare it in mind for future boxes. They did bag and back the comics after quite a few people complained so hopefully they take it on board.

Agreed I think if they had simply included both versions in the one box i think there would have been less criticism but a lot of people thought I have no idea who this pop is and I didn't even get the variant one.

I think if they want to keep people on board they need more well known characters and everyone is paying so don't give some people a special and not others.

I found a website showing upcoming preorders and one was a pirate deadpool, that could be another potential

dec box

...really happy i cancelled

no pop vinyl and no t-shirt in this box. Been replaced with a scarf and those bobble things

View attachment 206718 View attachment 206719

Really? Is that all that was in it?? That's Zavvi level.

Obviously the first few boxes were to lull people into thinking you would get quality evertime, for people in the UK who will most likely get hit with customs that would not be worth the overall cost. Of all themes, I really thought this was going to be amazing, not even one pop, glad I don't get these

Reactions: alvinhwang21
I was in the minority opinion and liked the Villains box but...

...wow, that December box is downright terrible. I was considering skipping the Deadpool box before this (Deadpool is rapidly approaching Batman levels of oversaturation for Funko) but that just made the decision for me.

The "bobblers" are apparently ornaments and are similar to normal pop vinyls but smaller. Making the main item in the box Christmas themed was a huge mistake on Funko's part and as someone that doesn't celebrate the holiday, I'm kicking myself for thinking the promo video was just being cute rather than hinting at anything. The mug is alright, I guess, but even as a huge coffee drinker I won't use it - I already have way better mugs that I paid a pretty penny for.

Last edited: