Marvel Studios: The Infinity Saga (Numbered Limited Edition) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: November 15, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $549.99
Notes: Includes all 23 MCU films on Blu-ray and 4K UHD discs, an exclusive bonus disc, a Matt Ferguson lithograph, and a letter from Kevin Feige (no word yet on whether the autographs inside the set are real, but likely not).

infinity-saga-boxed-set.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with everyone else... whilst it is a fairly nice looking set, I expected more, especially for the price! I much prefer the style/artwork of the separate Phase sets they do.

Reactions: Grendel and MM3
It's a shame they're not doing a non 4K edition of this set, I already have most of the films in 4K already (just missing the last 3 to be released GOTG, Antman and Doctor Strange) so would prefer not to have to fork out to get them all again. Obviously hope this will come to the UK as well...

Surprising how polarising this release is.. No matter where you go you can read comments with people labelling this as a cash grab and a rip off.

Whilst I'm it's not by any means 'cheap' I wouldn't say it's expensive for what you're getting as you are getting all the 4k movies in one set pretty much cheaper than individually. Funny to see people saying it should be 200 dollars cheaper - I'm all for a bulk discount but knocking around 40% off the cost of this is completely unrealistic

Reactions: LiHaan and virkia
I think it's priced well for what you get, still too much for my budget though. I would love to have this but @Wreck is right in saying that it's sort of odd how they angled the box the way they did. You sure can't set this up high on top of a rack or something otherwise you won't be able to see it, it needs to rest on a shelf down chest height or lower.

Reactions: Covcraig
Surprising how polarising this release is.. No matter where you go you can read comments with people labelling this as a cash grab and a rip off.

Whilst I'm it's not by any means 'cheap' I wouldn't say it's expensive for what you're getting as you are getting all the 4k movies in one set pretty much cheaper than individually. Funny to see people saying it should be 200 dollars cheaper - I'm all for a bulk discount but knocking around 40% off the cost of this is completely unrealistic
Well lets keep in mind this is a SteelBook centric website and having just released pretty much every MCU in 4k at Best Buy in steelbook, then they decide to announce this. I'm sure that leaves a sour taste in some folks mouth since they simply didn't have a choice before hand.

I still haven't bought any of those, so it didn't skew my opinion.

And at $24 a movie, it is still over priced and unless its super limited then it will come down in price. Personally I think i should be in the $350-450 (msrp) range. But that's me.

I would have serious interest if a) it cant stand up, and b) price comes down some.

Well lets keep in mind this is a SteelBook centric website and having just released pretty much every MCU in 4k at Best Buy in steelbook, then they decide to announce this. I'm sure that leaves a sour taste in some folks mouth since they simply didn't have a choice before hand.

I still haven't bought any of those, so it didn't skew my opinion.

And at $24 a movie, it is still over priced and unless its super limited then it will come down in price. Personally I think i should be in the $350-450 (msrp) range. But that's me.

I would have serious interest if a) it cant stand up, and b) price comes down some.

Why would it leave a sour taste in people's mouth out of curiosity? Someone who opts to buy a steelbook over an amaray especially a Marvel steelbook is generally someone who would always opt to buy the steelbook regardless.

You'd be hard pressed to find any big marvel fan on the steelbook forums who hasn't atleast double dipped on a marvel steelbook.

As for the price, I don't think Marvel really need to offer a discount on this yet. Its the first time they're altogether and alot of them are brand newly released UHDs. If this came out at this price point in 12 months then yes I would agree it would need to be cheaper. I don't think they need to slash the price just because they're all in the same box though

Why would it leave a sour taste in people's mouth out of curiosity? Someone who opts to buy a steelbook over an amaray especially a Marvel steelbook is generally someone who would always opt to buy the steelbook regardless.

You'd be hard pressed to find any big marvel fan on the steelbook forums who hasn't atleast double dipped on a marvel steelbook.

As for the price, I don't think Marvel really need to offer a discount on this yet. Its the first time they're altogether and alot of them are brand newly released UHDs. If this came out at this price point in 12 months then yes I would agree it would need to be cheaper. I don't think they need to slash the price just because they're all in the same box though
Because the choice wasnt there.
Because owning past marvel steels is different when we are talking about 4k vs. 4k. 4k steels vs. 4k set.
And this isnt amaray as amaray is plastic , plain jane. This IS a nice set in regards to its packaging so one would assume if you owned no 4k marvel movies you might consider this or going the steelbook route to get the 4ks.
And lastly, at $24 a 4k in this set, there are other 4k's at cheaper already. Typically when you buy a box set there is savings, but im sure the argument here is you get extra stuff/packaging etc. Never the less, as with every collectible set ever released that doesnt sell out immediately their are price drops to be had. And those price drops are not at a loss, its still a profit. So I'm just saying I can't sit here and say its a good price when I know there is a better price to be had unless its some stupid low qty which I highly doubt.

I dont want to sound like im shatting on this set, as I'm honestly not ... but im just saying if it doesnt stand up, or doesnt drop in price its not for me.

Fox just released their announcement for Simpsons box set at this price point and while it contains 79 discs, its all DVD .... Go home Fox, you're drunk. I'd much rather have all the MCU in 4k for this price point then DVDs. Simpsons set should have been blu-ray ....

I respect that, and agree .... they dont have to drop the price YET. Its the zavvi model .... start it at X price ... wait X time ... if still stock, drop to X ... wait X time ... and repeat .... in the end you yielded higher profits then simply selling what you truly wanted for it.

So yeah I get it .... but i just want the price drop to happen for my Ninjas. lol

Reactions: ash333 and Covcraig
I respect that, and agree .... they dont have to drop the price YET. Its the zavvi model .... start it at X price ... wait X time ... if still stock, drop to X ... wait X time ... and repeat .... in the end you yielded higher profits then simply selling what you truly wanted for it.

So yeah I get it .... but i just want the price drop to happen for my Ninjas. lol

I wouldn't mind a price drop either as I've already paid up for this and with all fees etc included it left a large crater in my bank account lol.

Do you think Disney/Marvel are going to put out a proper press release regarding the set - I know we have the best buy listing but it's abit vague regarding specs, disc count and the actual extras. I would rather see some in hand shots of the packaging instead of mock ups too.

The fact they've only listed extended and deleted scenes for the bonus disc doesn't exactly have me bursting with excitement for that disc

I kinda have a uneasy feeling that an even better set is coming which will ofcourse be inevitably more expensive and more fully loaded which will render this set obsolete pretty quickly

I should be getting a press release I would presume. Normally do. @Covcraig

Well, if the # ends up being what virkia zoomed in on at 3500 then that is actually pretty damn low. Thats less then a min. steel run in the USA. So ... it could easily sell out. But the high price point might make it last a little while.

I should be getting a press release I would presume. Normally do. @Covcraig

Well, if the # ends up being what virkia zoomed in on at 3500 then that is actually pretty damn low. Thats less then a min. steel run in the USA. So ... it could easily sell out. But the high price point might make it last a little while.

If you could share that press release info as you get it that would be awesome

Reactions: Wreck
Personally since this is such a grand collectors edition of a Saga that has spawned over 10 years with 23 inter linked films they should have done more for the price. In my opinion they should have had...

A Steelbook for each film, with poster artwork and a really nice finish.

The Infinity Stones or the Stones in their altered forms (Tesseract, Orb, Scepter Head, Eye of Agamotto etc)

Artbook with all the concept art for every film along with the history

Art done by a comic book artist who has worked on a Marvel comic

A really nice solid case to house everything

That's when I could look at the price and go "Oh yeah I'm in for this"

I don't disagree that the overall product we have is a tad underwhelming but can live with it as the price is in the right ball park but what you're suggesting would easily take the set up into the region of a grand that's just too much money even for 23 films especially when most of us have the Blufans releases (among others) that for the most part features poster artwork.

Not shedding any tears on it being sold out.
I'd really like a dedicated Phase 3 set as;
- I'm not set up for 4K, and
- I've already got the Phase 1 & 2 boxes (plus a number of Steels) so don't need to dble (triple) dip on those films.
I'm hoping Amazon comes through for us.