Mass Effect 3 - New DLC goes live!

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=708362"/> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=708362" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object>​

Preorder: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004FYJFNA/?tag=hidefnin-20

Last edited by a moderator:
BioWare details Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition

BioWare’s lifted the wraps off a sumptuous Collector’s Edition release of Mass Effect 3.

Clocking in at a meaty $79.99 USD/£69.99 GBP for the U.S. and U.K. release respectively, the CE will be available for all three versions of the hotly-anticipated sci-fi RPG – namely, PlayStation 3, PC and Xbox 360.

So, how much bang do you get for your buck? Answer: quite a lot. See below for full details.

-Premium metal case adorned with commemorative artwork of Command Shepard.
-A 70-page hardbound art book including hundreds of unique illustrations from the BioWare development team
- Join the ranks of the N7 with the premium fabric N7 patch.
- Exclusive 4x6 lithographic print featuring a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork.

In addition to the above, the CE also throws in "a full collection of in-game content that can't be found anywhere else,” including:

- N7 Arsenal Pack - Bring the firepower with the N7 Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol.
- Robotic Dog - A faithful sidekick to keep you company on board the Normandy.
- Squadmate Alternate Outfit Pack - New appearances for your favorite squad members.
- N7 Hoodie - For Commander Shepard's casual days on board the Normandy.
- Relive all the greatest moments of Mass Effect 3 with the digital soundtrack.
- Xbox LIVE Normandy prop for your Avatar. (Available on Xbox 360 version only.)
- Display your initiation in the N7 ranks with a collection of [BioWare.com] forum and social badges, avatars, and perks.

ME3_cover.jpg

Rumor: Mass Effect 3 getting four-player co-op

Mass Effect 3 looks set to include four-player online cooperative play with “competitive elements,” reports Eurogamer.

According to a source close to the site, co-op functionality will be “standalone” and not linked to the RPG sequel’s single-player campaign, being more similar to a Horde-style offering.

In addition, another source informed the site that developer BioWare Montreal was beavering away on “a multiplayer Mass Effect experience,” either as a standalone product or as part of the overall Mass Effect 3 package.

BioWare’s Dr. Ray Muzyka was recently quizzed at E3 on whether the hotly-anticipated sci-fi outing would support co-op, to which he replied, “We haven’t talked at all about multiplayer in the Mass Effect franchise, but we’re exploring multiplayer in all of our games and all of our franchises.”

“It’s always an idea we’re interested in,” added Muzyka. “The short answer is we have no comment on that. But we’re interested in the idea of multiplayer.”

Rumor: Mass Effect 3 getting four-player co-op

Mass Effect 3 looks set to include four-player online cooperative play with “competitive elements,” reports Eurogamer.

According to a source close to the site, co-op functionality will be “standalone” and not linked to the RPG sequel’s single-player campaign, being more similar to a Horde-style offering.

In addition, another source informed the site that developer BioWare Montreal was beavering away on “a multiplayer Mass Effect experience,” either as a standalone product or as part of the overall Mass Effect 3 package.

BioWare’s Dr. Ray Muzyka was recently quizzed at E3 on whether the hotly-anticipated sci-fi outing would support co-op, to which he replied, “We haven’t talked at all about multiplayer in the Mass Effect franchise, but we’re exploring multiplayer in all of our games and all of our franchises.”

“It’s always an idea we’re interested in,” added Muzyka. “The short answer is we have no comment on that. But we’re interested in the idea of multiplayer.”

I am not sure how this will help the game play. I enjoy sending the guys for reconnoissance before moving on. I am not sure how 4 people running around will help the story. I think this is silly, but that's just my opinion.

I am not sure how this will help the game play. I enjoy sending the guys for reconnoissance before moving on. I am not sure how 4 people running around will help the story. I think this is silly, but that's just my opinion.

Agreed. I like that ME is single player... I need something to play when my xbox buddies aren't online. Plus, I enjoy the game itself a lot more when I play alone. Co-op has its place, but just leave ME alone.

Agreed. I like that ME is single player... I need something to play when my xbox buddies aren't online. Plus, I enjoy the game itself a lot more when I play alone. Co-op has its place, but just leave ME alone.

Yeah I don't particularly see this game as a co-op simply because there are a lot of exploring and side quests that is a must play majority of the time.

This metal case they are talking about....is it a steelbook or a metal case for everything? I'm hoping it's a steelbook.

I like the 4 player co-op play cuz my son likes to join in and play.

I would love to have some form of co-op.like the missions for co-op in Uncharted 2.But i don't want anyone im my campaign.Plus how many people are going to play co-op campaign for 40 hours?
I still need to play ME2

How have you lived life all this time?:squint:

this time last month i couldn't care less about mass effect 3, then i played mass effect 2 :drool: loved it. and i can't believe me3 isnt out till next year. :(

btw totally agree with some of the other posts, jack was kinda hot. first time i finished it she died :( i immediately restarted to ensure she lives :)

this time last month i couldn't care less about mass effect 3, then i played mass effect 2 :drool: loved it. and i can't believe me3 isnt out till next year. :(

btw totally agree with some of the other posts, jack was kinda hot. first time i finished it she died :( i immediately restarted to ensure she lives :)

I couldn't care that she died lol. She was kind of irritating IMO and I felt I didn't need her for ME3 in case she comes back. :D

Im actually making me a new Fem Shepard right now going through 1 and 2 for all the items and save all the people i can for the 3rd game.I just got to get the dlc for the second game then im good.

I can't play with out jack on my squad she has the best reactions and some of the strongest powers.
I couldn't care that she died lol. She was kind of irritating IMO and I felt I didn't need her for ME3 in case she comes back. :D
Well it's suppose to be a galactic war now so im sure she will be helping Shepard or stealing ships somewhere lol.I Just hope she finally kills the Cheerleader:D

I really need to finish ME2 before this comes out!
:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Anyone tried the demo? OMG it's freaking awesome! I liked the way the game felt. It's a bit less robotic than the last two. I am really really looking forward to this next ME!

I no longer have an xbox to play this on so I won't have my story line from the previous games. Luckily you get to choose your status when starting.

I am looking forward to giving it to the damn Reapers!

I played the demo and its AWESOME!!!!! played both single player and Multi-player, both were a lot of Fun!!! not that many people were playing online:( anyone that wants to play let me know:) The Sound is AMAZING:scat: Cant wait to get the full game and immerse my self in the rich storyline:scat:
Gamer Tag - ocielz

I know this is the Mass Effect 3 thread but I just picked up Mass Effect 2 in anticipation of ME3 and Im trying to install the game data on my PS3 but its just sitting at 0% for an hour now and won't move... any help ? Tired three times now...

Faulty disc or is my PS3 whacked ?