[MASTER LIST] Mondo x SteelBook Collection (General discussions about Mondo releases)

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Mondo X Steelbook Collection:
icon_futureshop.png
#000 Drive (December 2nd, 2014) (Print run: 4000)
icon_futureshop.png
#001 Looper (standard) and (variant) (February 24th, 2015) (Print run: 4000+2044)
icon_futureshop.png
#002 Boyhood (standard) and (variant) (January 6th, 2015)
icon_futureshop.png
#003 First Blood (March 24th, 2015)
icon_futureshop.png
#004 Pan's Labyrinth (May 19th, 2015)
icon_bestbuy.png
#005 Dredd 3D (May 26th, 2015)
icon_target.png
#006 Flash Gordon (July 28th, 2015)
icon_target.png
#007 Shaun of the Dead (July 28th, 2015)
icon_target.png
#008 The Thing (July 28th, 2015)
icon_bestbuy.png
#009 Terminator 2: Judgment Day (standard) and (variant) (June 30th, 2015)
icon_bestbuy.png
#010 Ex Machina (July 14th, 2015)
icon_bestbuy.png
#011 Total Recall (October 20th, 2015)
icon_bestbuy.png
#012 Nightcrawler (October 27th, 2015) (Print run: 4000)
icon_target.png
#013 Reservoir Dogs (December 1st, 2015)
icon_zavvi.jpg
#013 Reservoir Dogs (January 11th, 2016) | Buy at Zavvi
icon_target.png
#014 Highlander (December 1st, 2015)
icon_bestbuy.png
#014 Highlander (December 1st, 2015)
icon_germany.png
#015 The Boondock Saints (December 4th, 2015) | Buy at Amazon.de
icon_zavvi.jpg
#016 Labyrinth (February 8th, 2016) | Buy at Zavvi
icon_china.png
#017 The Avengers (standard) and (variant) (August, 2016) (Print run: 2000 of each)
icon_unitedstates.png
#018 Ghost In the Shell (March 14th, 2017) | Buy at Amazon.com
icon_unitedkingdom.png
#019 We Are X (May 22, 2017) | Buy at Amazon.co.uk or Buy at Zavvi
icon_zavvi.jpg
#020 The Incredibles (January 22nd, 2018) | Buy at Zavvi
icon_zavvi.jpg
#021 The Jungle Book (February 12th, 2018) | Buy at Zavvi
icon_italy.png
#022 Stephen King's IT (2017) (December 10th, 2018) | Buy at Amazon.it
icon_italy.png
#023 Friday the 13th (1980) (December 10th, 2018) | Buy at Amazon.it
icon_italy.png
#024 The Exorcist (December 10th, 2018) | Buy at Amazon.it
icon_italy.png
#025 Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (December 29th, 2018) | Buy at Amazon.it
icon_italy.png
#026 Justice League (December 29th, 2018) | Buy at Amazon.it
icon_italy.png
#027 V for Vendetta (December 29th, 2018) | Buy at Amazon.it
icon_italy.png
#028 300 (December 29th, 2018) | Buy at Amazon.it
icon_zavvi.jpg
#029 The Little Mermaid (December 10th, 2018) | Buy at Zavvi
icon_zavvi.jpg
#030 Frozen (January 28th, 2019) | Buy at Zavvi
icon_zavvi.jpg
#031 Pinocchio (February 4th, 2019) | Buy at Zavvi
icon_zavvi.jpg
#032 Alice In Wonderland (March 4th, 2019) | Buy at Zavvi
icon_zavvi.jpg
#033 Sleeping Beauty (March 18th, 2019) | Buy at Zavvi
icon_zavvi.jpg
#034 Wreck it Ralph (April 1st, 2019) Buy at Zavvi
icon_zavvi.jpg
#035 Aladdin (April 8th, 2019) Buy at Zavvi
icon_zavvi.jpg
#036 Toy Story (May 6th, 2019) Buy at Zavvi
icon_ninja.png
#037 Pet Sematary (March 26th, 2019) | **Multiple countries and retailers, see your countries specific thread.
icon_ninja.png
#038 A Quiet Place (March 10th, 2019) | **Multiple countries and retailers, see your countries specific thread.
icon_ninja.png
#039 The Avengers (December 16, 2020) | **Multiple countries and retailers, see your countries specific thread.
icon_ninja.png
#040 Guardians of the Galaxy (December 16, 2020) | **Multiple countries and retailers, see your countries specific thread.
icon_ninja.png
#041 Doctor Strange (December 16, 2020) | **Multiple countries and retailers, see your countries specific thread.
icon_ninja.png
#042 Black Panther (December 16, 2020) | **Multiple countries and retailers, see your countries specific thread.
icon_ninja.png
#043 Captain America (December 16, 2020) | **Multiple countries and retailers, see your countries specific thread.
icon_zavvi.jpg
#044 Iron Man (March 1, 2021) | Buy at Zavvi
icon_ninja.png
#045 Thor (December 16, 2020) | **Multiple countries and retailers, see your countries specific thread.
icon_ninja.png
#046 Rad (March 16, 2021) | **Multiple countries and retailers, see your countries specific thread.
icon_ninja.png
#047 Ant-Man (December 10, 2021) | **Multiple countries and retailers, see your countries specific thread.
icon_france.png
#048 Iron Man 2 (December 10, 2021) | Buy at Amazon.fr or Buy at fnac
icon_ninja.png
#049 Blade Runner 2049 (February 26, 2021) | **Multiple countries and retailers, see your countries specific thread.
icon_ninja.png
#050 Captain America: The Winter Soldier (December 10, 2021) | **Multiple countries and retailers, see your countries specific thread.
icon_ninja.png
#051 Thor: The Dark Kingdom [World] (December 10, 2021) | **Multiple countries and retailers, see your countries specific thread.
icon_ninja.png
#052 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (December 10, 2021) | **Multiple countries and retailers, see your countries specific thread.
icon_ninja.png
#053 Avengers: Age of Ultron (December 10, 2021) | **Multiple countries and retailers, see your countries specific thread.
icon_ninja.png
#054 Avengers: Infinity War (December 10, 2021) | **Multiple countries and retailers, see your countries specific thread.
icon_ninja.png
#055 Avengers: Endgame (December 10, 2021) | **Multiple countries and retailers, see your countries specific thread.
icon_ninja.png
#056 Iron Man 3 (March 31, 2023) | **Multiple countries and retailers, see your countries specific thread.
icon_ninja.png
#057 Captain America: Civil War (March 31, 2023) | **Multiple countries and retailers, see your countries specific thread.
icon_ninja.png
#058 Ant-Man and the Wasp (March 31, 2023) | **Multiple countries and retailers, see your countries specific thread.
icon_ninja.png
#059 Captain Marvel (March 31, 2023) | **Multiple countries and retailers, see your countries specific thread.
icon_ninja.png
#060 Thor: Ragnarok (March 31, 2023) | **Multiple countries and retailers, see your countries specific thread.

Artworks:

Mondo-Logo.jpg
Mondo X Steelbook Collection page:
icon_bestbuy.png
Best Buy Canada
icon_target.png
Target USA

Last edited by a moderator:
Or be like me ... and hold strong until amazon offers deals as I ordered that last wave SUPER late in the game. But I got them sooo much cheaper. I may cherry pick the more popular title(s) at release and wait on others tho.
Hmm yeah, I panicked with those and picked them up at full price. :facepalm:

Would definitely be more tempted to pick these up if they were cheaper of course.

Hmm yeah, I panicked with those and picked them up at full price. :facepalm:

Would definitely be more tempted to pick these up if they were cheaper of course.
And now zavvi making announcements ... more shared run. ie. more qty. I feel like if any sell out fast completely (not simply one retailers allotment) it'll likely be GOTG and BP. Those are only 2 ill likely buy at release .. or may even wait till ebay etc to ask questions to seller ahead of time to avoid a warped slip etc. Last euro run was plagued with warped slips.

Reactions: Noodles
And now zavvi making announcements ... more shared run. ie. more qty. I feel like if any sell out fast completely (not simply one retailers allotment) it'll likely be GOTG and BP. Those are only 2 ill likely buy at release .. or may even wait till ebay etc to ask questions to seller ahead of time to avoid a warped slip etc. Last euro run was plagued with warped slips.
I see GOTG has already sold out... pre-ordered that before all the other Marvel's appeared and I think I may actually keep it since it's my favourite MCU flick. Wasn't aware the warped slips was actually common problem with that run... I remember mentioning around the time of release that the majority of mine had the issue and no one else seemed to share it, so figured I just got unlucky lol.

I see GOTG has already sold out... pre-ordered that before all the other Marvel's appeared and I think I may actually keep it since it's my favourite MCU flick. Wasn't aware the warped slips was actually common problem with that run... I remember mentioning around the time of release that the majority of mine had the issue and no one else seemed to share it, so figured I just got unlucky lol.

GOTG sold out quicker I think because Zavvi was the only one to have it on sale at the time.
The announcements from France came after, I believe.

Im really just grabbing GOTG and Balck Panther.. the rest are just not as great and even BP i might cancel down the line, we'll see. But im really a sucker for the finishes on the Mondo X Line, they are usually on another level!

Now please release the Kevin Tong Mulholland Drive already!

Reactions: Noodles
@Noodles @Wreck what was the warped slip issue?
I’m really looking to pick up the previous titles but just wondered what I was looking out for regarding this :thumbs:

I’m really looking to pick up the previous titles but just wondered what I was looking out for regarding this :thumbs:

It's really a problem still happening now. A lot of the plastic slips that get put on the Mondo steels, or even others that just came out that are not Mondo (ie - Kick Ass, Rob Zombie Trilogy, etc) will have slightly warped slips that don't fit flush with the steelbook.

This could be part of the shrink wrap process where the slip gets heated up and warps, or maybe it was just defective to begin with.

Often I've seen them all warped in the same way, so it's harder to avoid it completely at that point. You literally could go through 50 copies and have a similar issue.

Reactions: Robles and Noodles
It's really a problem still happening now. A lot of the plastic slips that get put on the Mondo steels, or even others that just came out that are not Mondo (ie - Kick Ass, Rob Zombie Trilogy, etc) will have slightly warped slips that don't fit flush with the steelbook.

This could be part of the shrink wrap process where the slip gets heated up and warps, or maybe it was just defective to begin with.

Often I've seen them all warped in the same way, so it's harder to avoid it completely at that point. You literally could go through 50 copies and have a similar issue.
Yeah, basically what Andy said - not just an issue with the Mondo slips, but I've personally had it happen with them the most.

I've mentioned this elsewhere before too, but the main problem I seem to encounter is a metal non-slip floor type texture imprinted into my slips...

ohpopsi-murals-metal-floor-effect-mural-3802906591275_1024x.jpg

Got it on a ton of my Mondo slips and it really bugs me! :sour:

Reactions: apsmith21
@apsmith21 @Noodles Cheers Guys :thumbs:

Nick, which Mondo's do you have this on? I have the Disney ones that were released, ill have to check them now to see if they have this same problem :wow:

@apsmith21 @Noodles Cheers Guys :thumbs:

Nick, which Mondo's do you have this on? I have the Disney ones that were released, ill have to check them now to see if they have this same problem :wow:
I'm unable to check at the mo and can't quite recall which titles exactly, but I know it's on both some of my US/CA and UK releases, so must've been something that happened during the manufacturing process.

Reactions: Robles
I'm unable to check at the mo and can't quite recall which titles exactly, but I know it's on both some of my US/CA and UK releases, so must've been something that happened during the manufacturing process.
I even saw this problem with the Target USA wave. So that goes back to the Thing, Flash Gordon, etc.
Something I’ll have to look out for and remember to ask sellers when I’m looking on eBay for these :thumbs: :thumbs:

Are the French designs likely to be released in the UK?
Seems to be six in the UK and six in France with seven different titles in total (if you import one):-

France
1) AVENGERS
2) DOCTOR STRANGE
3) CAPTAIN AMERICA
4) THOR
5) GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
6) BLACK PANTHER

UK
1) IRON MAN
2) DOCTOR STRANGE
3) CAPTAIN AMERICA
4) THOR