3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 3 Votes
Title: The Matrix 4

Tagline: Return to the source.

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Lana Wachowski

Cast: Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss

Release: 2021-22-12

Runtime: 157

Plot: The fourth installment in The Matrix franchise. Plot unknown.

Reactions: domalorite
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48199

Hi guys,

Hope you're feeling better Harry, get well soon!

Long time reader, occasional news feeder. Writing from rainy old London, England. Surprised that no one has commented on this, lucky me I guess. Was lucky enough to attend a key note speech at the London school of performing Arts university and was honoured to be in the same room as Keanu Reeves who was the guest of honour. Keanu was here promoting his new movie Henry's Crime which is opening shortly.

keanu as always was his kind gentle self and spoke to the class for a good 45 mins about his big break in acting and his love for Shakespeare. the floor was then opened for Q&A and the following was note worthy;

- Says he's prepping a action movie around the world of the samurai and that it will be a hard "R" rated 3D action feast that will deliver some great martial art set pieces. he's into 2 months of a 6 month training programme.

- Spoke briefly about the possibility of Bill and Ted part 3 - ( Audience started laughing) but he assured us he's committed to the project.

this is where the fun begins. Some great info shared with us good people.....

- Says he met the Wachowski's (no emphasis on the word brothers), for lunch over Christmas and stated that they had completed work on a two picture script treatment that would see him return to the world of the matrix as Neo. Says the brothers have met with Jim Cameron to discuss the pro's and con's of 3D and are looking to deliver something which has never been seen again. keanu stated that he still has an obligation to the fans to deliver a movie worthy of the title "The Matrix" and he swears this time that the treatment will truly revolutionise the action genre like the first movie. Wachowski's are working on a movie called "Cloud Atlas" at the moment, once that concludes they will talk again.

- Keanu spoke about the need to encourage writers to continue to focus on working on new ideas and that a good script was worth its weight in gold. For example he said the Wachowski's had just sold the most expensive script in history to Warner Brothers. a modern futuristic take on the legend of "Robin Hood". Says he understands WB paid $5 million for the rights and that from what the wachowski's have told him, it will be an action movie that would have the same impact visually and technically that Terminator 2 had. Confirmed that Will Smith has agreed ti headline the picture.

that was pretty much it guys, have to give kudos to Mr Reeves. A true gentleman and an esquire.

can't wait for the above to come to fruition. If you use this please refer to me as "El-Nino".

WOW awesome news .... futuristic Robin Hood played by Will Smith ... and the Matrix news is of course OUT OF THIS WORLD!

Just watched The Matrix on tv yesterday, so that sounds very exciting about a new one. Gotta love Bill and Ted as well, worth it just to see Keanu bringing back that character at this age. :hilarious:

Now really. This is the Matrix here. Are you really gonna try and question anything in these movies. A person could go insane!

Posted from my BlackBerry.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

And yeah of course, there's statistically about a 99.9 percent chance it will bomb but I'm still holding out for that .1 percent! :)

Posted from my BlackBerry.

Briefly: Will there be a new Matrix trilogy? A report says claims that Warner Bros. wants one, and that Andy and Lana Wachowski have already started work on stories, “with early treatments and outlines already turned into the studio.” That comes from Latino Review, which claims that the Wachowskis and Warner Bros. are aiming for a 2017 release window. The nature of the new story is uncertain at this point, with the report claiming one early treatment was “about the birth of the Matrix,” but that the development situation is fluid and very subject to change.

One thing to keep in mind is that this report bends over backward to protect itself against the “inevitable denials” from Warner Bros. and other sources. We’ve reached out to our own sources to shed light on the story; for the time being read this with a very cautious eye.

Source: Slashfilm

It's only a rumor, but they have my attention.

EEK! EEK! EEK! WHAT!! well this has my attention too :movie: Fingers crossed that it will happen :ohno:

I never gave up hope on the rumours from years ago, so I'm glad to see some fresh "news" on the subject.

The first Matrix is my all-time favourite film... and yes, I even loved 2 and 3. :D

Another Matrix Trilogy would be awesome! :LOL: A prequel maybe? :thumbs: Have you guys and gals seen The Animatrix - The Second Renaissance, I would FU**ING love to see that on film!

(Battle Sequence) :scat:

:movie:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: harry and ocielz
Blasphemy! :p

I realize I am on the minority of this topic :hilarious:

I with you.... would rather see the trilogy left alone, period. Of course I would welcome an awesome addition (I know contradicting myself already, lol) but how often do they ever get any sequels or secondary trilogies ever right? Ever so rare to see. Plus the Wachowski siblings (I think thats what they are now?) haven't exactly hit any home runs after Matrix IMO.

I know he's super busy at the moment, but I'd love to see J.J. Abrams direct the Matrix prequel trilogy... imagine all that green lens flare!

:smileycool:

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database