Release date: September 10, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £18.99
Notes: Region B locked

meet1.jpg

meet2.jpg

meet3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that was a long pause with a new back catalogue addition to the Zavvi Steelbook Disney Collection but glad to see it continuing. Will most likely grab this on the first price drop as £19 is abit to steep for me with this catalogue release.

Last edited:
Reactions: dfoles
Jeez, some people are never happy / will moan about anything . . . even when it's good :rolleyes: . . . maybe someone can explain to me what's wrong with this release apart from the "price" . . . which should be what for a regular Disney 1-disc steelbook release ?
Pending confirmation appears to have everything going for it:
- A proper Zavvi/Disney old school steelbook
- No arty design - just classic poster work
- No substandard lenticular
- More than a possibility of a gloss finish and more than a distinct possibility of embossing judging by the positioning of the artwork.
- First time in steelbook a n y w h e r e .
- Long awaited film in steelbook (for me anyways)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, now that the sleeping giant has reawakened, how many others of the Disney classics collection - after MEET THE ROBINSONS (Spine Classic No. 47) - have a good chance of a steelbook release ?
I'd say 5 max.:-
1) FANTASIA 2000 (Spine Classic No. 38)
2) ATLANTIS: THE LOST EMPIRE (Spine Classics No. 40)
3) CHICKEN LITTLE (Spine Classic No. 45)
4) THE WILD (Spine Classic No. 46)
5) BOLT (Spine Classic No. 48)

Possible:-
5) THE MANY ADVENTURES OF WINNIE-THE-POOH (Spine Classic No. 22)
6) BASIL, THE GREAT MOUSE DETECTIVE (Spine Classic No. 26)

Slim to nil:-
7) Unless they bring out the Amaray first - THE BLACK CAULDRON (Spine Classic No. 25)
Spine Classic Nos. 6 - 11

Last edited:
Well that was a long pause with a new back catalogue addition to the Zavvi Steelbook Disney Collection but glad to see it continuing. Will most likely grab this on the first price drop as £19 is abit to steep for me with this catalogue release.
Last one was lilo about 2 years ago, remember when there were releases 1 or 2 months apart in this collection?

Last one was lilo about 2 years ago, remember when there were releases 1 or 2 months apart in this collection?

Wow didn’t realise it was such a massive gap and yeah it just makes you wonder if this will reboot the cycle which is very exciting in itself as there are quite a few numerous likely candidates in the mouse factory to have their debut in the Disney Collection line.

Reactions: tono06
No 3D. Curse you Zavvi:cry::cry::cry:
exactly my reaction

My thoughts exactly mate. They know how badly people want these films in steels, so are obviously just being greedy with the price... but this is Di$ney we're talking about, so nothing new there. :greedy:
aye, true. But we all know it'll be reduced and on sale soon enough - greedy sods

Unlike in The Americas or Australia etc.. inside neither of the previous Amaray Blu-ray releases here in the UK (2007 & 2014) will you find a 3D disc.

Apart from that the vast majority of the 68 Zavvi steelbook releases of Disney/Disney Pixar animated classics have been 1-discers on first release . . . with notable exceptions including these 16 - THE LION KING, TANGLED, BEAUTY & THE BEAST, FROZEN, BRAVE, RATATOUILLE, WALL.E, FRANKENWEENIE, BIG HERO 6, FINDING DORY, CARS, MONSTERS INC., MOANA, ZOOTROPOLIS, THE GOOD DINOSAUR and UP.

. . . and one good thing about having steelbooks arranged by release date is that it's possible to see how often they've been released in pairs . . . quite often as it happens . . . and maybe not unreasonable to hope that BOLT will join MEET THE ROBINSONS for the first time in a steelbook w/ no reasonable excuse there for absent 3D disc.
thats true, it wasnt officially released over here at first but no reason it cannot be now.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Glad they are releasing another one in the Disney collection.
This will be my first steel book bought in a long time. I kinda got bored with collecting.
Disney always bring me back though!

Wondering why they've never brought Aladdin 2 & 3 or Lion King 2 & 3, these are great movies.
"great movies" but not part of the UK Disney Numbered Spine Classics Collection.
Most of the sequels available on Blu-ray and can be added to the steelbooks on those self-adhesive spider hubs.

Because they weren't theatrical releases. They were the beginning of Disney's straight to DVD money grabs where they would force out a random sequel without a real story because people would buy it. And Lion King 1 1/2 (or 3) is an abomination that spits on everything the original film established. It should be wiped from existence. I really hope you were being sarcastic.

@GeekSexy

Nope, no sarcasm. I know they weren't top notch as the original, but I liked them and had fun watching them. Could have something to do with being a child at the time I've watched them the 1st time, but atleast they aren't a complete mess like Atlantis 2, which I could tell even when I was younger. Also liked Mulan 2.

Wunderbar ... now that's what I call a credit to WEA steelbooks everywhere and a lesson to other WEA steelbook designers that it's not just the titles that sometimes benefit from embossing.
------------------------------------
Great art choice … especially compared to what we've already had here in the UK:-

September 2018 ----------------------- November 2007 --------------------------------------------------------- November 2014 -------
-
210397_large.jpg
/
8260_large.jpg
46459_large.jpg
113956_large.jpg

Heart skipped as beat - and not in a good way - when this one - w/ no dispatch notification - and AoS popped through the letter box in (WTF) A1 cardboard mailers earlier today.

Both perfect examples of top class steelbooks despite their obvious stylistic differences and the MEET THE ROBINSONS steelbook is in particular a real delight … with all of its front artwork embossed (apart from the scenery of course) … the title is embossed too - as is the "Disney" logo which without checking others in the collection from memory is unusual.

One further pic to add to the mix (courtesy BR.com):-
3LcIUJG.jpg

Last edited: