Multi Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes / MGSV: The Phantom Pain

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
!

Last night at the Metal Gear 25th Anniversary party, series creator Hideo Kojima announced Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, a new title in the series where you play as Old Snake in an open-world environment. Everything in the game will be at Snake's disposal, including vehicles. Calling in an evac will also play an important role in the new game. The title will run off of his new Fox Engine.

ANNOUNCED: MGS: GROUND ZEROES WILL BE RELEASED WITHIN THIS CONSOLE GENERATION AND WILL BE MULTI-PLATFORM FOR PS3 AND XBOX 360

Famitsu-pic.jpg

*Images courtesy of Famitsu

Quote from Famitsu regarding the reveal: 
(August 30, 2012) today, "held Metal Gear event "METAL GEAR 25th ANNIVERSARY PARTY" 25th anniversary of the birth ".  Surprise announcement last, FOX ENGINE! PC real-time demonstration in assuming the spec is equivalent to 360 PS3/Xbox was unveiled. Although the video shooting and the video had been banned, such as animation (representing the cloth fluttering) texture of the clothes and the light reflected on the wet ground, flare of light, of the human face, comparable to games in Europe and the United States down to the smallest detail Ensure that there is no representation is made. Hideo Kojima is assumed to be a "declaration Kojima Productions will continue waging a battle to the world" this demo.  , "Path", "do not belong to the national army", contains the familiar words "Marine (mother) base",,, is the dialogue. I had appeared and Snake! " METAL GEAR SOLID GROUND Zeroes this demo, entitled "The thing for the game rather than Tekkudemo normal engine, and have actually made ​​a new open-world game as Sneaking. But what this current generation of machines with an eye on the cloud computing game engine itself, so I have done development towards next-generation machine.  As a game, and the free and real-time infiltration Sneaking Mission of stage-based design is different so far, also good to sneak walk, that beauty will be deprived of their armored car things possible. By the way, it can call and rescue helicopter burning flares, or to support the attack, it is possible to leave the front line. Aims to "game with no game over" to be forwarded in any way. This demonstration, the Snake is the end to leave aboard the helicopter flew over and ring the Ride of the Valkyries. Although the song selection seems like director of movies, songs that choice on their own. Completion time of it as a game to be worried about is the "not so much to keep you waiting," by the way. Wait for further news!

snake.jpg

007.jpg

MGS_GZ_PS3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's to do with the whole facial capture thing. People with live action acting experience would have an easier time with this than traditional voice actors.

you do know that David hayter is a writer and actor right?He could have easily done the facial expressions.

It's either, A) Hayter is in MGS5 as Solid Snake and they're just keeping it a secret, or B) Something went down between Kojima and Hayter and it'll eventually come to light, but not until after the release of MGS5. Personally, I hope this whole thing is just a ploy because I've really lost a lot of respect for Kojima... and I had a LOT of respect for him.

I've been a fan since Metal Gear Solid on the PS1. I still have my original copy in excellent condition. David Hayter IS Snake! The news of him being replaced is just a slap to all MGS fans! Part 5 was the game I was most looking forward to, more so than GTA5! Kojima is an excellent game creator and I'm sure part 5 will be Epic, but without Hayters voice, the experience will not be true. Big Boss should of been voiced by Richard Doyle, and David could of kept on voicing Snake! But I'm still hoping that Kojima is just trolling us again! :p

That's just my 2 cents :thumbs:

Last edited:
I've been a fan since Metal Gear Solid on the PS1. I still have my original copy in excellent condition. David Hayter IS Snake! The news of him being replaced is just a slap to all MGS fans! Part 5 was the game I was most looking forward to, more so than GTA5! Kojima is an excellent game creator and I'm sure part 5 will be Epic, but without Hayters voice, the experience will not be true. Big Boss should of been voiced by Richard Doyle, and David could of kept on voicing Snake! But I'm still hoping that Kojima is just trolling us again! :p

That's just my 2 cents :thumbs:

You hit the nail on the head, Franky. I don't mind Kiefer being in the game as Big Boss as long as Hayter's still Solid. I guess we'll find out more at E3.

Reactions: bloodsnake007

Of all places at E3 for Kojima to debut MGS5 gameplay, he chose the Microsoft conference. He's really starting to lose this once-thought-to-be MGS fan for life.

Anyway, after watching the footage, these are my thoughts:

- The graphics/settings look phenomenal. Just... wow.

- I'm unsure about the open world gameplay. I've always loved the cinematic feel of the MGS games and by going open world, it sort of loses that. I'm not sure if a GTA/Red Dead remix is what the MGS series needed, but I can understand that in order to bring in all the CoD/GTA gamers, it had to go that route.

- Kiefer as Snake... nope. I'm sorry, but I can not get behind it (especially when all the other regular voice actors appear to be in the game).

Of all places at E3 for Kojima to debut MGS5 gameplay, he chose the Microsoft conference. He's really starting to lose this once-thought-to-be MGS fan for life.

- I'm unsure about the open world gameplay. I've always loved the cinematic feel of the MGS games and by going open world, it sort of loses that. I'm not sure if a GTA/Red Dead remix is what the MGS series needed, but I can understand that in order to bring in all the CoD/GTA gamers, it had to go that route.

- Kiefer as Snake... nope. I'm sorry, but I can not get behind it (especially when all the other regular voice actors appear to be in the game).

Damn Tridon! I completely agree, 100%! Those are my exact feelings! Microsoft Conference?! :wtf:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Yes, the graphics do look phenomenal! But I will not enjoy this experience with Kiefer Sutherland as Big Boss! This is simply disappointing... :(

Damn Tridon! I completely agree, 100%! Those are my exact feelings! Microsoft Conference?! :wtf:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Yes, the graphics do look phenomenal! But I will not enjoy this experience with Kiefer Sutherland as Big Boss! This is simply disappointing... :(

It's sad, man. MGS1 changed my life when it came out. I looked at not just games, but storytelling and fiction in a completely new light. To think that here's MGS5 -- a game that should have me screaming in happiness -- and of all things, I feel upset.

Last edited:

Agree with you Tridon!

when I was watching the conference I was weeping that it was shown on Microsoft conference to me this title is the 'Playstation System Seller' on a side note though Xbox did a decent show the last 3 years they were rubbish they dually delivered today of only the pricing was better and they addressed the DRM issues!!! Roll on Sonys conference

Just like Insomniac, they probably offered tons of hats full of cash...:p

Keifer as Snake is really really big no no. It's like using someone else to voice Batman other than Kevin Conroy, it just doesn't work.