Pennsylvania
Release date: February 18, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
SKU: 6392537

1576904038591.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: goufcustom
I agree with much of what you said, and in betters words than I. I think a ship sinking would have been interesting as it conveys the tragedy a bit more as opposed to the horror. Although I'm glad its not like the aftermath with a mushroom cloud front cover.... that would be some definite chest pumping bravado.

You know come to think of it, what happened to the Japanese Americans would make for a good movie if done seriously and correct cause that is really swept under the rug!

You ever hear about the 442nd Regimental Combat Team-? That’s something that I always felt would make a fantastically compelling film. But unfortunately there is like zero awareness or desire for that story to be developed in to a film.

But once when the Japanese-Americans were interned, the US Government issued a loyalty test. And the final two questions were whether or not they would renounce all fealty to the Nation of Japan, and if so- if they were willing to join the US armed forces. If the applicant answered yes, then they were placed in a single Japanese-only battalion and were sent almost exclusively on Suicide missions with high mortality rates. To this day- it’s still the most decorated unit in all of the US Armed Forces. But we don’t talk about it because again- it’s all been swept under the rug.

There was a film about the 442nd Regimental Combat....Go For Broke from 1951. Would love to see a mini series get made like Band Of Brothers about the internment and the achievements of the soldiers. Imagine having your family in a prison with barbed wire and machine guns...and you fight for that same country....and they fought magnificently. There were more than a few that should have been awarded the Medal Of Honor...but were denied because of racism of the times. I remember maybe 5-7 years ago there was a film being shot about the 442nd called I think Little Big Men...don’t believe it was ever completed. Hopefully some day the full story will be told.

This is also my opinion
Well considering all the lengthy discussion that has happened so far in this thread when simply putting "horrible" we dont know what you are calling horrible. The movie, the art, or the content of what the art is.....

I'm just assuming its you guys dont like the pop art style.

Well considering all the lengthy discussion that has happened so far in this thread when simply putting "horrible" we dont know what you are calling horrible. The movie, the art, or the content of what the art is.....

I'm just assuming its you guys dont like the pop art style.
Being on a thread that talks about steelbooks first, I was talking about the steelbook.

The Target steel blows this one to smithereens. Love having the option! Curious if the original Midway with Charles Heston was ever released on steel. Have to do some digging.

Yes, looks stunning with proper and discriminate use of metallic reflections - as here on the plane in the foreground - is perfect:-
1582835224041.png