Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #69) [Czech Republic]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 1, 2017
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: CZK 799 (Standard) - CZK 999 (FAC)
Note: FAC limited to 1001 numbered copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

mp-vizualizace-bs_v5-tagged-jpg.294996

16835740_1277083262408647_6517665617917802182_o.jpg

Last edited:
Gonna need help from the ninjas on this one. Thinking of getting this for the girls, but is it any good? Adults and children alike ?

Gonna need help from the ninjas on this one. Thinking of getting this for the girls, but is it any good? Adults and children alike ?

I don't think you can generalise it.
Like I said on the last page, my wife loves it. But she is a big fan of Tim Burton and fantasy movies and monsters. So it kind of went without saying.
But what I can tell you: little children may get scared from some scenes.
For me it was a fun ride. :thumbs:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Steelselecta
I don't think you can generalise it.
Like I said on the last page, my wife loves it. But she is a big fan of Tim Burton and fantasy movies and monsters. So it kind of went without saying.
But what I can tell you: little children may get scared from some scenes.
For me it was a fun ride. :thumbs:
Thanks for the reply:thumbs:. My girls are 10 & 5 and if it was up to my youngest daughter, she would want to watch SAW if she had a chance ! :LOL:My eldest is a bit timid but she watches things like predator, alien, the Thing....... I'm joking of course!:rofl: But she watches Harry Potter and that sort of thing, so is it that level of children scares?

Thanks for the reply:thumbs:. My girls are 10 & 5 and if it was up to my youngest daughter, she would want to watch SAW if she had a chance ! :LOL:My eldest is a bit timid but she watches things like predator, alien, the Thing....... I'm joking of course!:rofl: But she watches Harry Potter and that sort of thing, so is it that level of children scares?

If you are talking about the darker Harry Potter episodes at the end (Half-Blood Prince or Deathly Hallows), then yes :LOL:

@carllenc can you please provide informations about the audio tracks? Thank you!

This is not guaranteed info as it was not added to The FAC edition yet(I would wait for it to be updated to take it as real confirmation of sound tracks),
but usually they use the same BD Disk as in the regular Czech Bluray release. So here is what the Regular Czech Blu-ray contains;

Sounds

• DTS-HD Master 7.1 english
    dts-hd.png
  • DTS 5.1 czech
    dts.png
  • DTS 5.1 italian
    dts.png
  • Dolby Digital 5.1 hungarian
    dolby-digital.png
  • Dolby Digital 5.1 (VO) polish
    dolby-digital.png
  • DTS 5.1 spanish
    dts.png
  • Dolby Digital 5.1 turkish
    dolby-digital.png

Subtitles;

english, bulgarian, czech, croatian, italian, hungarian, polish, portuguese, romanian, greek, slovak, slovenian, serbian, spanish, turkish

My first viewing of the Movie I was expecting more from Tim Burton. However This Package is absolutely Beautiful.
I really wanted the WWA Steel as I love The Artwork(it has a calming mood to it) and The Fullslip that Fa did :drool:

The Package really flows so well from The Fullsip to the WWA Steel
IMO This is the Best Fullslip of All that was presented by other retailers so far, I was/am not feeling any of the other editions.
They feel too much with a vibe of the amaray US Artwork.

This FAC feels differently Delicious :hungry:

This is not guaranteed info as it was not added to The FAC edition yet(I would wait for it to be updated to take it as real confirmation of sound tracks),
but usually they use the same BD Disk as in the regular Czech Bluray release. So here is what the Regular Czech Blu-ray contains;

Sounds

• DTS-HD Master 7.1 english
    dts-hd.png
  • DTS 5.1 czech
    dts.png
  • DTS 5.1 italian
    dts.png
  • Dolby Digital 5.1 hungarian
    dolby-digital.png
  • Dolby Digital 5.1 (VO) polish
    dolby-digital.png
  • DTS 5.1 spanish
    dts.png
  • Dolby Digital 5.1 turkish
    dolby-digital.png

Subtitles;

english, bulgarian, czech, croatian, italian, hungarian, polish, portuguese, romanian, greek, slovak, slovenian, serbian, spanish, turkish
Of course discs won't change, but 2D and 3D discs get different tracks/subs: these are the 2D specs ;)

It happened again :shy: MantaLab / Kimchi and now FAC....do i need all 3 editions...seems so :p
Really pleased what i see till now for this FAC

Didn't Film Arena make a big deal of using new 3D technology for their lentis (Dredd)? But their recent ones have all been pretty poor.

Have they stopped using this new technique? Was it just an excuse to hike the prices or is it only used on slipcovers?

I'm not a fan of the choice of artwork for that slip either.

It looks like they've used concept art from a scene that appears for about 2 mins in the whole film.

It would be like putting the Cantina on a New Hope slipcover!!

I think they tried to go with something different from the rest but it's a very bizzare choice.

And when you have the lenti magnet on the steelbook you'll have the same image on both front and back!!

Eva Green removed from all real package shots, EPIC FAIL!!!!! Another FAC missed! Kimchi destroys all others this time!

She's on ALL the other Premium editions including amaray, it's nice to see something Different as Opposed to The Same Artwork that graces the Amarays, or shots taken from that artwork.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ranavalone
She's on ALL the other Premium editions including amaray, it's nice to see something Different as Opposed to The Same Artwork that graces the Amarays, or shots taken from that artwork.

She SHOULD be on everything! anything less = EPIC FAIL! this looks ABSOLUTE garbage! Worst slip Filmarena have done! She needed to be the only person on the slip and lenti for this to beat Kimchi and Manta. As it is Kimchi wipe the floor with this junk! No surprise the Kimchi version is fetching large sums and is sold out, they knew what fans wanted "EVA". To see this film is to worship at the alter of Eva, FAC should have known that. terrible slip!

After seeing 15+ editions (if not more) with Eva on it that ALL look the same, something different is welcomed from my point of view.
If you don't like it it's fine, no one is making you buy it !!!
You can Get the Kimchi edition if it's what you worship (that comes with about 5 Art Cards no Bonus Item)
Or The Manta Lab that at least includes decent Bonus Items.

For as long as I have seen you on HDN, you've never been Disrespectful. To Call this Garbage and Junk with such passion as it comes across is taking it a little far for me I find. Such hate seems to come from your post EEK! written in a more constructive way would have been nicer.

This post doesn't help anyone...and you are taking the fun now on coming on here.

Im entitled to my opinion, and often call out junk when I see it, you just must have missed those posts. Im not supportive of retailers, I buy the best I can. FAC have done some nice editions John Wick, Love Rosie etc but they have made some rubbish too.

She SHOULD be on everything! anything less = EPIC FAIL! this looks ABSOLUTE garbage! Worst slip Filmarena have done! She needed to be the only person on the slip and lenti for this to beat Kimchi and Manta. As it is Kimchi wipe the floor with this junk! No surprise the Kimchi version is fetching large sums and is sold out, they knew what fans wanted "EVA". To see this film is to worship at the alter of Eva, FAC should have known that. terrible slip!
Now I don't know what it is, but I'm guessing you like Eva?
IMG_2328.JPG

;)