Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #69) [Czech Republic]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 1, 2017
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: CZK 799 (Standard) - CZK 999 (FAC)
Note: FAC limited to 1001 numbered copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

mp-vizualizace-bs_v5-tagged-jpg.294996

16835740_1277083262408647_6517665617917802182_o.jpg

Last edited:
I dont know about you, but in hand both the KimchiDVD and Manta Lab Lenticulars are pretty darn impressive. Crystal Clear and great depth.

The Kimchi has no Bonus Items so not very attractive I find for a premium edition plus using the same art used on all amarays... the Manta lab looks like real quality but the lenti something is off about it the way you see both pictures divided; it looks like when they are doing 2 movies in one amaray, the picture front art in those situations are cut in half...and again both release using the over used artwork that is on every single amaray edition...

The FAC Fullslip Art has not been used before and it flows very well with the WWA Steel...not counting all the Bonus items that comes with it, really nice flowing package.

The Kimchi has no Bonus Items so not very attractive I find for a premium edition plus using the same art used on all amarays... the Manta lab looks like real quality but the lenti something is off about it the way you see both pictures divided; it looks like when they are doing 2 movies in one amaray, the picture front art in those situations are cut in half...and again both release using the over used artwork that is on every single amaray edition...

The FAC Fullslip Art has not been used before and it flows very well with the WWA Steel...not counting all the Bonus items that comes with it, really nice flowing package.

You make a very valid point about Kimchi's version's lack of bonus items. That came as a bit of a shock to me and made me think maybe they just rushed that aspect of the release. The lenticular came out great though, if you don't mind the same overused art that the amaray versions all have.

As far as the Manta release goes, again, same overused art, but while I agree that it can seem like a "two-in-one" movie style artwork, to me, it symbolizes the light versus the dark. The good Peculiars versus the evil ones. I like that dichotomy and it was bold of Manta Lab to do something like that. It sets this release apart from some of their other Global efforts (the extremely dull Legend of Tarzan release comes to mind). And it makes for a dynamic lenticular, way more interesting imo than the Kimchi one.

But FA's slip choice is really interesting and, if the finish is right, it very well could be the most beautiful version and certainly one of their greatest efforts right up there with Everest, Looper, and the like.

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
You make a very valid point about Kimchi's version's lack of bonus items. That came as a bit of a shock to me and made me think maybe they just rushed that aspect of the release. The lenticular came out great though, if you don't mind the same overused art that the amaray versions all have.

As far as the Manta release goes, again, same overused art, but while I agree that it can seem like a "two-in-one" movie style artwork, to me, it symbolizes the light versus the dark. The good Peculiars versus the evil ones. I like that dichotomy and it was bold of Manta Lab to do something like that. It sets this release apart from some of their other Global efforts (the extremely dull Legend of Tarzan release comes to mind). And it makes for a dynamic lenticular, way more interesting imo than the Kimchi one.

But FA's slip choice is really interesting and, if the finish is right, it very well could be the most beautiful version and certainly one of their greatest efforts right up there with Everest, Looper, and the like.

The Lack of Bonus Items with the very Thin Fullslips seem to be FOX Releases when Kimchi and WeET partners together. Although you make a fair point in the light versus the Dark, I believe that Manta should have done a flip flop lenti Bright to dark as FA did with their Lenticular Magnet. I am really intrigued to see if this Lenticular Magnet with Flip/Flop effect will be a great one changing from the poor ones as they have been lately. I hope they can deliver this time because the Package is simply :drool:

Manta's edition really seem to be Top Notch Quality, but I will stick with FA for this movie. If the Lenti would have been different I might have double dipped but I can't get passed the look of the 2 in 1 movie art. But Thankfully there's plenty of different choices for everyone.

Dear collectors,

let us kindly inform you about adding extra folder to the edition FAC #69 MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN.

The folder with cards will be out of the fullslip.
FAC #69 seems to be the most equiped edition so far
1f609.png
;-)

We believe you will enjoy it.
FAC Team

18156468_1352496381534001_2643320659467179253_o.jpg 18156588_1352496421533997_1554877192163226207_o.jpg 18157586_1352496398200666_3747878159478344920_n.jpg 18157961_1352496394867333_2566115837503365339_n.jpg 18194250_1352496401533999_7295850931280967850_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
just received my copy thx for the extra cards but where do i put them? i like the extra's in the steel or slip not on its own it doesn't make it part of the package if you understand what i mean. not a bad edition but FS is a bit boring front and back nice finish but hmmm not sure about this. extra's good but think time to give up my collectors number this is 1st FAC i have bought since dredd(wasn't impressed with that) and its ok but FA just seem to have lost that certain something they had awhile ago. I'm not moaning FA were good just same old same old now they have nothing coming up i can get with my number that i want those i do always seem to be below my number main thing is the artwork on a lot of editions has been scratch your head why use that or just uninteresting and the finish of the slips is basically same every edition and lenti's pants. just an opinion i know lots love FA but for me there's much better out there now and more premium releases than ever so my money going elsewhere sadly.:sorry:

• Thanks
Reactions: Jhadur