Mission Impossible - The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 7, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £39.99
Notes: Limited to 2000 copies. Not a Jumbo, and no Mission Impossible on the spine

11162582-1014351344360531.JPG

image.jpg

Last edited:
MI 3 was 2 discs
MI 4 AU and some countries got 2 Discs

So this set is missing the bonus discs.
re: MI 4 (as it's the only one I own) A 2nd release of it happened where they moved all of the special features to a "new" bonus disc, so they could basically bump up the bitrate of the movie and have it in better quality by utilizing the whole disc. Same thing happened with Super 8, IIRC.

Why would anybody want this when M:I 6 is already confirmed as being in development? You'd end up with a jumbo and a single steelbook on your shelf

re: MI 4 (as it's the only one I own) A 2nd release of it happened where they moved all of the special features to a "new" bonus disc, so they could basically bump up the bitrate of the movie and have it in better quality by utilizing the whole disc. Same thing happened with Super 8, IIRC.
You are only partially right.

MI4 Best Buy or Walmart was 2 disc from day one. The Bonus BD was included in few regions whilst some got just one disc and these were released almost simultaneously.

Are you sure there is a 2 BD release of Super 8? [emoji56]

Anyways as someone who does BD ripping by setting VBR at 18 Mbps there is no noticeable difference in PQ on both my Plasma as well as my Projector.

So I am convinced that AVBR above 20 Mbps is entering the territory of diminishing returns. [emoji1]

Eeeeeasy pass! Got my single Play.com steels for 1-4 and swapped out the discs in my 1-3 steels with the NL versions which feature the DTS HD MA soundtrack rather than the much inferior Dolby Digital soundtracks (I'd wager £1 that these will be the same existing discs that are already out)

Same here. I've just picked up the Swedish trilogy cheap on ebay (for the superior transfers and HD audios) and swap them into my Play.com steelbooks. :)

This release is obsolete already in my eyes.

Reactions: lgans316 and cooey
Are you sure there is a 2 BD release of Super 8? [emoji56]
So I am convinced that AVBR above 20 Mbps is entering the territory of diminishing returns. [emoji1]
Sorry, with Super 8, I meant there were 2 releases, one with commentary, one without. The one without has a much larger bitrate.
Convinced even with an Arrow release? :p

Reactions: lgans316
yeah may be £39.99 but will cost you even more if you buy each one on there own for example found the first 4 films £92.00 + the new one £22.99 so total =£114.99 so with all the moaning which would you buy so the jumbo is not all bad for price when you are getting all the films so don't quite know why alot of people are complaining about this steel for,buy it or don't buy it just look at price difference

Reactions: Mickle_89
yeah may be £39.99 but will cost you even more if you buy each one on there own for example found the first 4 films £92.00 + the new one £22.99 so total =£114.99 so with all the moaning which would you buy so the jumbo is not all bad for price when you are getting all the films so don't quite know why alot of people are complaining about this steel for,buy it or don't buy it just look at price difference
Agreed and Ghost Protocol alone goes for £35+

I think when there is a chance of another one, don't call it the ultimate collection