Mar 7, 2019
Release date: November 10, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99

3oih988p08m41.jpg

Thanks to @Stygian

Last edited by a moderator:
That really does look amazing.

Thank you for creating the thread. Now the question is whether there will be a delay due to world events.

• Thanks
Reactions: Wonga
That really does look amazing.

Thank you for creating the thread. Now the question is whether there will be a delay due to world events.

No worries! I think it really depends on what happens in the next fortnight. I know Disney have said they won't delay the film but look what happened to A Quiet Place Part II & F9, both studios/ actors said it won't be delayed but then it got delayed. I read some news that China may start reopening movie theatres in coming weeks as things are improving over there, so who knows what'll happen!

Personally for me I am really looking forward to this movie (I can't remember the last time I got this excited over a film, probably Captain America: Civil War) so I hope things will work out and everything will get better!

Disney have announced cinema release delay for their films Mulan, New Mutants and Antlers

I expect lot more film studio releases to be delayed in coming weeks

Cinemas are already been closed In some countries with more countries likely do the same in next few weeks

USA Broadway theatres in New York closed

Cinemas and other venues has seen drop in public attendance in recent weeks

This also means lot of home Video releases will have unknown release dates

Well it was bound to happen, disappointed but know its the right decision

Agreed. Saw some folks online asking for Disney to release it as a streaming film but I would think that would get them quite a loss on production and marketing that happened leading up to the cancellation.

Agreed. Saw some folks online asking for Disney to release it as a streaming film but I would think that would get them quite a loss on production and marketing that happened leading up to the cancellation.

Yep they would lose alot of money and would imagine they would have to renegotiate contracts. I'd rather wait for it to be released in cinemas then watch it on my TV with a streaming service, Mulan deserves to be watched on the big screen

I was thinking about this last night about how much money these types of set backs will cost studios. Cos you've got all the marketing to rework to get people excited again, the release at the box office, then the home media releases. It's scary to think come June/July/August all these films that's being pushed back now would have been coming out on home media and digital so if this current trend keeps up there will be nothing new coming out further down the line. I fully support the choice to push it all back. Just quite scary to see how this will effect the market as a whole not just the box office releases

i heard they are already predicting 20 billion losses in Hollywood.

Disney alone can loose up to $350,000 a day. Madness

Pretty much every film will be delayed and cancelled just like all tours/ gigs/ festivals/ sports events. Loads of films & TV shows being filmed have stopped including stranger things, Loki, wintersolder/ falcon etc

2020 is 100% cancelled

its going to break the weak Companies. Not that Disney is one , but many Companies subcontract out work, and/or smaller studios etc that produce content that often then gets sold etc. ie. Lionsgate always gobbles up a lot of that content , can't imagine those studios dealing with this very well when their loans etc have timelines in which they need to film the movie and get to market etc.

Ultimately I think this will give the movie studios more ammo against the theater owners where as in the last couple years there has been a push to ultimately have option to skip theaters and do a pay to play model. If that was in effect right now , kinda like how you can pay for movies already on PRIME, vudu etc, but instead it would be movies at same theater release date then they could have weathered this storm much better.

Problem with that model, is with theaters you have people acting as gate keepers, ie. ticket purchase per individual. With pay to play im sure they will PRESUME you will be watching in a group so I dont see the price being like $12 for a viewing. Likely cost of like 4 tickets at least. My guess anyhow.

You can never replicate a theater audience experience especially for certain genres of films, but they want options, and im sure with the losses they will incur over 2020 they will be looking to these types of alternatives in the future. One would think Disney could have already done such an option with Disney+

Reactions: Flloydo
It's possible that COVID-19 will be the end of movie theatres and physical media.

Movie theatres in Ontario, Canada are limiting screenings to audiences of less than 100. If this becomes a long term situation then there will be less box office and eventually no box office. Movies will have to be made on much smaller budgets (no special effects? lol). No more theatres means everything will be streamed (Netflix, Disney+ etc.)

If everything streams new then there will no longer be the same demand for physical media and I can see that dying out.

I can see the headline now:

Dec. 31, 2022

The Day The Movies Died

Today the last movie theatre screened its last film for the last time and quietly locked their doors...