Released: August 9, 2016
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

0.jpg

No Man's Sky

1.jpg

No Man's Sky is an upcoming science fiction video game developed and published by Hello Games. It will feature a procedurally generated open world.

The game is seen to feature planetary exploration, deep oceans, space-based battles, and potential predators on the various procedurally-generated worlds. Each world has its own ecosystem with potentially unforgiving conditions, such as desert worlds with large carnivorous worms.

Players are initially given a totally uncharted universe to explore, where information about any planet's characteristics and lifeforms may be shared and updated with others.

VGX Trailer:

E3 Trailer:

No Man's Sky will be making its console debut on PlayStation 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few years ago when I was thinking about what games would be like next gen, THIS is what i imagined and hoped for. This is insane and I can't believe it actually exists. I can see people getting caught up with No Man's Sky for days just exploring the endless universe.

Reactions: tridon
This is easily one of my most anticipated games. I watched the gameplay video and it's jaw-dropping. I can't wait! :scat:

P.S. You are not alone, Kaw. You are not alone. :p

Reactions: kaw
It looks really nice, but I feel it's probably a game I'd get bored on pretty quickly. Would love to be proven wrong though!

All 4 videos are now up.
It really gives you a better idea of what the game is and how it works. I'm more excited now for this then I ever was before.

Speaking in the latest issue of EDGE Magazine, Hello Games have stated that their ambitious new game, No Man's Sky will hit PC screens, but only after the Playstation 4 release due to a timed exclusivity deal in place.

Sean Murray, Hello Games managing director explained to EDGE that working on the Sony console shaped how the team approached design, control, and performance.

"I actually got in a bit of trouble for saying that we wanted the game to feel really 'console-y'. We've always had PC in mind but in my head (console-y) means solid frame rate and immediate controls. I think a PC game can be 'console-y' and it's intended as a compliment, but I get in trouble for saying it."

I love that pic of the whole team! You're not on Instagram now, are you, Franky?

Well, now they can start selling them!
Still skeptical about it. (What is the actual game about? Exploration can't be all it is... Was this meant to be a new engine to sell, and not really a game, per se?).

It's basically just non-stop, intergalactic travel. It's meant to be more of a relaxing, turn-your-mind-off type of experience. It definitely won't be for everyone, but I personally can't wait to discover the stars!

I love that pic of the whole team! You're not on Instagram now, are you, Franky?

It's basically just non-stop, intergalactic travel. It's meant to be more of a relaxing, turn-your-mind-off type of experience. It definitely won't be for everyone, but I personally can't wait to discover the stars!
That makes it so hard to quantify...
On one level, that description makes me go "no missions? No purpose? Boring."
And the on another level, JOURNEY was an amazing game that could be described in exactly the same way.
:rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and tridon