Released: August 9, 2016
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

0.jpg

No Man's Sky

1.jpg

No Man's Sky is an upcoming science fiction video game developed and published by Hello Games. It will feature a procedurally generated open world.

The game is seen to feature planetary exploration, deep oceans, space-based battles, and potential predators on the various procedurally-generated worlds. Each world has its own ecosystem with potentially unforgiving conditions, such as desert worlds with large carnivorous worms.

Players are initially given a totally uncharted universe to explore, where information about any planet's characteristics and lifeforms may be shared and updated with others.

VGX Trailer:

E3 Trailer:

No Man's Sky will be making its console debut on PlayStation 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's the last video in the series and it still hasn't helped me with my decision. This survive video intrigued me, though -- easily the most interesting out of the four. What did you think, Nick?
I've pretty much lost all interest in the game to be honest, so didn't even watch the entire trailer. I think it's more to do with me than the game itself though... I've not been in much of a gaming mood lately for some reason. :ugh:

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
I've pretty much lost all interest in the game to be honest, so didn't even watch the entire trailer. I think it's more to do with me than the game itself though... I've not been in much of a gaming mood lately for some reason. :ugh:

Oh, no! We've lost Noodles as a gamer?! What is this world coming to?! :arghh:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Oh, no! We've lost Noodles as a gamer?! What is this world coming to?! :arghh:
Haha no need to panic... my love for gaming will no doubt return! I often go through stages of briefly losing interest in stuff (I think it has a lot to do with my depression :dunno:). I'm still very much excited for the NES Mini though, and I'm sure I'll be in full gamerhead mode again once the games that were announced at E3 start being released. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Haha no need to panic... my love for gaming will no doubt return! I often go through stages of briefly losing interest in stuff (I think it has a lot to do with my depression :dunno:). I'm still very much excited for the NES Mini though, and I'm sure I'll be in full gamerhead mode again once the games that were announced at E3 start being released. :)

I hear ya, man. I actually go through the same bouts. There's times where I go 4-5 months without touching a game and then return full swing. I think I'm kinda the opposite, though. I find that I game more when I'm depressed. Anyway, thanks goodness we have the mini NES on the way! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
@Noodles I'm warming up to it again after seeing this 18-minute demo on IGN!

It definitely looks better when seeing actual gameplay like that... I still see myself getting annoyed/bored with certain things though. I'm sure I'll pick it up at some point anyway, because there's a lot about it that intrigues me and I'd hate not knowing for sure whether I'd actually love it or not.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
It definitely looks better when seeing actual gameplay like that... I still see myself getting annoyed/bored with certain things though. I'm sure I'll pick it up at some point anyway, because there's a lot about it that intrigues me and I'd hate not knowing for sure whether I'd actually love it or not.

Well, when you do eventually get it, make sure you visit the planets Kenatron, KL-429, and Tridonopia. :hilarious:

I know what you mean @Noodles :thumbs:... I honestly haven't had the chance to finish Uncharted 4 :sorry: Work and life sometimes just get in the way...
but I ALWAYS make time for HDN! :woot:
Well, when you do eventually get it, make sure you visit the planets Kenatron, KL-429, and Tridonopia. :hilarious:
@tridon
LOL! :hilarious: Those are awesome names! :p Don't forget Canadiaopolis! :D Home of the Elk Aliens that shoot lasers made of maple syrup! :wacky:
Haha! That'll be one of the first things I do. ;)

And visiting @bloodsnake007's Tacotopia, of course. :LOL:
Tacotopia? Me likey! :cool: ;)
taco_dance_by_mirz123.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Noodles
Well, official reviews haven't gone up yet, so I decided to wait a bit longer. User reviews on Metacritic are all over the place! Everyone loves it or hates it... and I bet half of them haven't even played it.

@tridon I'm tempted Kenzilla! :hungry: I really do want to discover and name my own planet! :D But I've yet to finish Uncharted 4 and get DOOM before I even think of playing another game :sorry:

I hear ya, bud. That's another reason why I didn't buy this last night. I just have too many games on the go right now (I'm in the middle of Mirror's Edge: Catalyst and Knack on my own, and then I'm playing through LEGO Marvel Superheroes with my wife). This game seems like it'd eat up a LOT of hours of your life, too.

BUT DAMN... discover and name your own planets and species?! They sure know how to tempt me! :p

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007