3. My Name is Khan
  4. Ditto
  5. Sin City: A Dame to Kill for
  6. The Isle
  7. Wadjda
  8. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
  9. Big Eyes
  10. Under the Skin
  11. The Lovers on the Bridge (Les Amants du Pont-Neuf)
  12. Sue, Mai & Sawa: Righting the Girl Ship
  13. Amy
  14. A Bittersweet Life
  15. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Upon launch of the Shopping Online Mall, there will be an event for new customers.

Attachments

• nova.jpg
    nova.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 955
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all. Apologies if this the wrong forum to ask this. Point me in the right direction if so.

Anyone from UK who's had experience in buying direct from Novamedia - is the value of the item always visible on the UK post and hence you get charged the 20% vat Tax or does novamedia not put the value on the front?

Your question might be already answered in this thread, but either way you'll get a more helpful response here. (post moved). :)

Reactions: Blucray
I'm not sure if this has been asked already. I did try to run a search on the forum but didn't come up with anything.

For anyone from UK who's had experience in buying direct from Novamedia - is the value of the item always visible on the UK post and hence you get charged the 20% vat Tax or does novamedia not put the value on the front?

Pleasantly surprised to receive an email, from NM informing me I have been upgraded to VIP status. I used to order a ton from them but not so much lately so maybe an attempt to woo me back. While the 4% discount is not overly generous every little bit helps to take the sting out of those expensive Korean releases. Thanks Nova Media :thumbs:

Reactions: ChrisPatt
Pleasantly surprised to receive an email, from NM informing me I have been upgraded to VIP status. I used to order a ton from them but not so much lately so maybe an attempt to woo me back. While the 4% discount is not overly generous every little bit helps to take the sting out of those expensive Korean releases. Thanks Nova Media :thumbs:
This was a genuine message then? I've just received the same and instantly thought it was a phishing email

I got upgraded too... I've bought a fair few editions through them, but not for a while. Not that I'm complaining though! :D

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to get a replacement lenti slip from my Taken Nova release? Aniv said that I can get a replacement slip next time I order something from them, but as this was from a GB do I have to contact them or does the GB host?

Does anyone have any experience of the procedure for getting a replacement slip? Thanks :thumbs:

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to get a replacement lenti slip from my Taken Nova release? Aniv said that I can get a replacement slip next time I order something from them, but as this was from a GB do I have to contact them or does the GB host?

Does anyone have any experience of the procedure for getting a replacement slip? Thanks :thumbs:

Yes just to put things in perspective the slip is not damaged as in crease/bent corners etc. You think there is an issue with quality of the lenti print which I can neither confirm nor deny. Maybe others can chime in and check against their copies to see if yours indeed is out of the ordinary.

Usually Nova offers replacement slips with your next order or if you cover shipping costs. I am sure you dont want to pay for product shipping for just the slip.

Did you get a chance to post the video for others to review and give you some feedback on its quality?

Yes just to put things in perspective the slip is not damaged as in crease/bent corners etc. You think there is an issue with quality of the lenti print which I can neither confirm nor deny. Maybe others can chime in and check against their copies to see if yours indeed is out of the ordinary.

Usually Nova offers replacement slips with your next order or if you cover shipping costs. I am sure you dont want to pay for product shipping for just the slip.

Did you get a chance to post the video for others to review and give you some feedback on its quality?

Unfortunately you seemed to be having trouble understanding my PMs, so I thought I'd ask in here. As I already said in my PM to you - I already asked in the relevant Taken thread but I didn't get much response so I looked at some other Taken Nova videos for comparison and saw that my lenti slip appears to be defective compared to them (note the Eiffel Tower in particular). To repeat, here are the comparisons:

My video - defective lenti

howarmat's video - correct lenti

Steelbook Steve's video - correct lenti

Now I don't know how much clearer I can be to show that other copies are fine but mine is not. I find it worrying that you don't seem to consider this a genuine issue ("the slip is not damaged as in crease/bent corners etc"), but a fault is a fault and I don't see how this is any different to a misaligned title or a spine slash or a tear? So again, do I have to contact Nova Media to tell them to ask them to put aside a replacement lenti slip? How does it work in this situation? Please, I know it it's a hassle, but I have a limited income and I can't justify spending such a lot of money on a product that has an issue like this. I really need your help :dunno:.

@ChrisIW I haven't this in-hand myself (waiting for the Xmas sale :LOL:) but here is my 2 cents if you're interested...

What I've noticed, is that @howarmat is barely moving his copy side to side in his vid, so the "jumping Eiffel" (which I believe to be your complaint) is not shown at full effect as with your video for instance. (That's how I would show a Lenti's full effect btw, tilting heavily side to side ;)). Even the other one you posted of Steelbook Steve's, I can see his Eiffel is the same as yours in just the first few seconds. He's not moving it around as much again but I can still see the start of the transitional "jump" so-to-speak at certain points in the vid.

My conclusion; from what I've seen so far from your posts here and in the release thread, along with pics and comments from others, I'm pretty confident all will be the same and it's just not one of Nova's finest Lenti's. Maybe @howarmat could post another take but tilting his copy more heavily side to side to see if I'm right and put your mind at rest.

Reactions: ChrisIW
Yeah if I tilt heavily side to side it will jump around like the first video shown. Its not a defect its just the way that many lentis are that are 3d depth and not transitional. I only moved mine in that video showing off the full intended effect by NOVA.

Reactions: ChrisIW
@Mickle_89 @howarmat

OK, thanks guys for your input :thumbs:. If they really do ALL look that bad then I guess there's nothing I can do. I'll probably just sell my copy at some point. A shame as the movie deserved top quality premium treatment - like The Grey (which had a fantastic lenti btw). It's weird how different releases by the same company have such wildly different lenti quality...

Shop HERE

1.jpg

We want to take this time and thank our customers to start a "Nova Winter Festival" promotion.
From December 1th to December 31st, We will have 50% sale for available Nova Media products on the website www.novamnm.com "Nova Winter Festival" Menu.

We hope to end this year with a small gift to our customers. We wish our customers enjoy and participate with this promotion.

Thank you very much.
NOVAMEDIA

*While Quantifies Last*
*Selected Titles Only"

* All orders placed during “Winter Festival” will be shipped in early January, 2019 and thank you for understanding. *

Shop HERE

View attachment 404559

We want to take this time and thank our customers to start a "Nova Winter Festival" promotion.
From December 1th to December 31st, We will have 50% sale for available Nova Media products on the website www.novamnm.com "Nova Winter Festival" Menu.

We hope to end this year with a small gift to our customers. We wish our customers enjoy and participate with this promotion.

Thank you very much.
NOVAMEDIA

*While Quantifies Last*
*Selected Titles Only"

* All orders placed during “Winter Festival” will be shipped in early January, 2019 and thank you for understanding. *

Also, you can view the dedicated thread here - https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/50-off-nova-winter-festival.98727/

Reactions: IRON MAN
So I purchased The Grey during the Nova Winter Festival for $17.99. But inexplicably they marked the package $20..... which has landed me with a customs fee. If Nova had marked it correctly I wouldn’t have been charged :meh:

Not sure where I stand, can’t really blame Customs as they just went by what the package said. Have emailed Nova to ask why they priced it up wrong - gotta say their customer service is usually pretty good.

Did anyone other anything in the 2019 winter sale? The Tracking number on my order hasn’t been updated since the 10th of Dec and I’m starting to worry this package is lost. So I was just wondering if other members have received their orders yet?