Official Wrestling Thread

RAW: Angle, Braun, Balor, Joe, HHH
SD: Shane, Orton, Roode, Nakamura, Cena

SD is BADLY outmatched. Even though I love Roode, I feel like he is the odd man in the lineup. Possible he gets replaced tonight by... The Rock? haha

I think they will make it so that RAW can't work together in the match and end up losing. Which then will set up HHH vs Angle.
But I will say this, even though there are no steaks to the PPV (No belts will change). This is shaping up to be an amazing Survivor Series. Brock vs AJ is going to be the match of the night I think.
I know the chances are small, bit I think this could actually lead to a Jason vs HHH as Jason could interfere when triple h is in the ring

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Not really, on the other hand did anybody really want to see Cena vs Reigns? Anyways I think the odds are small, but it could be awesome if done properly

It does feel like they are trying to "Push" Jason. So you might be right on this.

...Predictions for Survivor Series?

BROCK vs AJ
SHIELD vs NEW DAY
BLISS vs CHAROLETTE
MIZ vs CORBIN
BAR vs USOs
RAW MEN vs SD MEN
RAW WOMEN vs SD WOMEN

Edit. Updated

Last edited:
It does feel like they are trying to "Push" Jason. So you might be right on this.

...Predictions for Survivor Series?

BROCK vs AJ
SHIELD vs NEW DAY
BLISS vs CHAROLETTE
MIZ vs CORBIN
BAR vs USOs
RAW MEN vs SD MEN
RAW WOMEN vs SD WOMEN

Edit. Updated
Brock Vs Aj - Brock
Miz vs Corbin - Miz
Shield vs new day- shield
Bar vs Uso - Uso
Raw Men vs SD Men - SD
Raw Women vs SD women - Raw

@Alistair G @steelbookz4eva
I thought the order of the card was very odd.
Totally fine with the women's RR match going last... but when the mens rumble was finished, the two matches after it just felt weird.

They should have had the Mens Rumble then right after the Womens. or maybe started the event with one and finished with the other? I dunno...

I had a few other problems with the show.
For one. If they wanted me to hate John Cena. they succeeded. (especially after last nights Raw). As you can tell, I'm a Finn Balor fan. And I just don't get what they are doing. Makes no sense. it makes the future of the WWE look weak.

Also I'm cool with Rousey coming in... but I don't get her showing up AFTER the rumble was over and just pointing. that was very dumb. Would have been great for her to have actually entered the rumble... but i guess they are saving her for WM?

Anyways. The whole thing wasn't bad. I enjoyed it for the most part. Happy with who won both Royal Rumbles. (I think if Roman or Cena would have won, there would have been riots)

DANIEL BRYAN IS CLEARED TO WRESTLE!!!!

DON'T MISS SMACKDOWN TONIGHT! Its going to be good!!!

tenor.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
@tridon @kaw Thoughts on wrestlemania? I thought it was pretty entertaining overall, would give it a 7/10

I thought it was good, but as usual, WAY TOO LONG!
By the time we got to the Main Events I was kind of done with it all and it made the Reigns vs Lesnar match ending feel even weirder, there was no Seth Rollins MITB to come save it.

Sorry @tridon that i wasn't able to watch your live-stream. I was about 2 hours behind so I didn't want anything spoiled for me.

Probably my favorite matches were the Rousey & Angle vs HHH & Steph / Daniel Bryan & Shane vs Owens & Zayn tag matches. Both were awesome.

Strowman & Nicholas vs the Bar was great fun.

Cena vs Undertaker could have been handled better, I liked the Elias fake out, but everyone knew he was coming.

Miz vs Rollins vs Balor was pretty good. Great way to start the night.

Was shocked Asuka lost to Charlotte.

US Champ & SD Tag matches I don't even really remember...

Was glad Jax beat Bliss. Well deserved.

And the Nakamura Heel turn on AJ was much needed.

It actually turned out to be a better Wrestlemania then I thought it was going to be.
But I'm hoping for a few more surprises tonight. I'm guessing now that Owens and Zayn are fired from SD that they will be switching back to RAW?

What were your favorite matches @steelbookz4eva ?

@tridon @kaw Thoughts on wrestlemania? I thought it was pretty entertaining overall, would give it a 7/10

I thought it started very strong and fell off hard near the end. And like @kaw said, it was way too long. Commercials went on forever (I'm good if I never see that Rock promo for Paige's movie ever again), weird entrances (champions coming out before the challengers), Elias was funny but a waste of time, Strowman looking for a partner in the crowd was a waste of time... it needed some major trimming. I think there's just too many titles with the split brands. It clocked in just over 5 hours from beginning to end -- nearly 7 hours if you count the pre-show matches. That's nuts! There was a lot of good matches, though... and a lot of shockers. The main event was incredibly boring, but its end definitely shocked me. That said, it took SEVEN F5s to take down Reigns (one being through a table) and that was just absurd. I miss the days when a finisher meant something.

Anyway, here's the matches from my favourite to least favourite...

1. Ronda Rousey & Kurt Angle vs. Stephanie McMahon & Triple H
  2. Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka
  3. AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
  4. Alexa Bliss vs. Nia Jax
  5. Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens & Sammy Zayn
  6. The Undertaker vs. John Cena
  7. The Usos vs. The New Day vs. The Bludgeon Brothers
  8. Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns
  9. Randy Orton vs. Bobby Roode vs. Jinder Mahal vs. Rusev
  10. The Bar vs. Braun Strowman & Nicolas
I thought it was good, but as usual, WAY TOO LONG!
By the time we got to the Main Events I was kind of done with it all and it made the Reigns vs Lesnar match ending feel even weirder, there was no Seth Rollins MITB to come save it.

Sorry @tridon that i wasn't able to watch your live-stream. I was about 2 hours behind so I didn't want anything spoiled for me.

It's all good, bud. I completely understand why you couldn't make it on. :thumbs:

@tridon WHAT!? No love for Nicolas!? haha
I hope he now is officially signed with RAW and Braun's tag partner until they lose the titles. How epic would that be?

But just imagine being a kid in the crowd and being asked to be in a match at Wrestlemania!?
Most amazing thing ever. Nicolas is going to be the most popular kid in school now. I'm pumped for him!

• Thanks
@tridon WHAT!? No love for Nicolas!? haha
I hope he now is officially signed with RAW and Braun's tag partner until they lose the titles. How epic would that be?

But just imagine being a kid in the crowd and being asked to be in a match at Wrestlemania!?
Most amazing thing ever. Nicolas is going to be the most popular kid in school now. I'm pumped for him!

I doubt it's some random kid. Probably Braum's nephew or something. I can't imagine a parent being like, "Oh, sure -- you can take my son to your squared ring of death." :LOL:

But yeah, I thought that whole segment was a waste of time. Maybe would've been better at the beginning of WrestleMania, but that was the match before the main event. My friend and I were joking that it'd be hilarious if Nicolas pulled a Nakamura and low-blowed Braum. Then Nicolas runs off into the crowd with both titles. never to be seen from again. :hilarious:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
@tridon Nicolas heel turn would have been epic! haha
Also there was a part of me that wanted a Cesaro swing done on him when he entered the ring.

But what would you rather have had happen instead of Braun going into the crowd? Who would you rather him pick? Someone like Cass or Big Show (if they were cleared)?

• Thanks
@tridon Nicolas heel turn would have been epic! haha
Also there was a part of me that wanted a Cesaro swing done on him when he entered the ring.

But what would you rather have had happen instead of Braun going into the crowd? Who would you rather him pick? Someone like Cass or Big Show (if they were cleared)?

I'd much rather see him pick someone from the back. He's essentially a one-man tag team champion now. Don't get me wrong, it was cute, but that should've been done near the beginning of the event.

I'd much rather see him pick someone from the back. He's essentially a one-man tag team champion now. Don't get me wrong, it was cute, but that should've been done near the beginning of the event.

But if he went into the crowd at the beginning everyone would have thought he would pick Cena. LOL :hilarious: