Oh, oh, oh not again! Woman is given Asbo against noisy love making ...

Jan 29, 2009
A woman who was given an Anti Social Behaviour Order (Asbo) banning her from making too much noise during sex has been arrested by police for breaching the order - just two days after it was imposed. Caroline Cartwright was served the anti-social behaviour order on Friday after magistrates found her guilty of breaking an initial noise abatement order. But by Sunday the 47-year-old had already breached the terms of her Asbo and was arrested by police officers.

Today she remained defiant and, despite a second arrest yesterday and the threat of prison, she vowed to carry on with her love life.

'I'm not going to stop,' she said. 'I've been making the same noises since the Asbo was imposed, and this morning, we were making noises for three hours.

'I can't stop making noise during sex, it's unnatural to not make any noises, and I don't think that I'm particularly loud.'

Mrs Cartwright said she would be appealing against the four-year Asbo and her conviction for breaching the noise abatement order.

The Asbo - imposed after police received 25 complaints from neighbours - bans her from 'making excessive noise' during love-making with husband Steve.

Magistrates heard that the couple's neighbour Margery Ball had not had a decent night's sleep in two years because of the noise made by the pair - even though she is partially deaf.

After receiving complaints environmental health officers placed recording equipment in the flat next door to her house in Concord, Tyne and Wear.

Another neighbour, Rachel O'Connor, pressed a button on the machine every time she was disturbed by noise from next door.

She told Sunderland Magistrates Court: 'I heard sounds of a sexual nature. They were really loud, and there was a lot of moaning and groaning and screaming as if in pain.

'It wasn't just the woman, it came from both parties.'

Miss O'Connor told the court that when she first moved into the flat, in November 2007, the noise started at midnight and lasted until 3am.

Now, she said, the noise started at about 6.30am and lasted until 9am.

Environmental Health officer Pamela Spark told the court she had listened to 23 recordings of the couple having sex.

She said: 'There was an excessive screaming female voice on the recordings.'

As well as being given an Asbo, Mrs Cartwright was fined £200 with £300 costs. She will next appear before Houghton Magistrates on Monday accused of breaching the Asbo.

LOL. I remember when Nas and the "milkshake" chick got together. They had the same thing going on so they bought a house miles away from people just for those occasions LOL

That's a shame, cause I LOVE to scream while making love .......... (Yep. I went there. Enjoy that vision throughout your workday.) :D

People complain about things way too much. We're a bunch of children, why is it that when something bothers a another human being they have a need to get rid of it? They should deal with it, or perhaps a better solution go gets some yourselfs.

This story would be a lot sexier if she was like 18.

People complain about things way too much. We're a bunch of children, why is it that when something bothers a another human being they have a need to get rid of it? They should deal with it, or perhaps a better solution go gets some yourselfs.

roflmao soooo true

I don't see what the problem is with being noisy, except when you have a kiddo trying to sleep. Last thing I need is to be traumatizing a kid by making her think I'm killing mommy

tell this to my fat b- of a neighbor. i had my music playing while cleaning up our apartment, about 5 pm on a thursday afternoon, decided to turn the bass on the speakers up to level 1 (usually leave it off). went into the bathroom and started cleaning there, i could barely hear the music myself (playing off the PS3 in the main room), then i hear a knocking on the wall. i talked to her later and she's yelling at me cause there's a "no noise policy," and i was like, i was barely playing my music. she responds back snidely "i know loud music, and that was loud music."

i know bass travels through walls fairly easy, but she had to barely be able to hear it and decided it was too much. i really just wanted to put her in her place, but i figured it wasn't worth it cause it doesn't look like this lady has too much going for her. but yah, this country is so individualistic that if anyone is causing us any discomfort, we go after them. its why you can sue someone over spilling hot coffee all over yourself cause you're a moron.

I have my bass on, never really loud but I do it respectably ... but I also never give a damn at what noise my neighbors make ... our last neighbors upstairs, we could hear them "love making at times" and when we did, we just got it on and got louder ... competition baby!

exactly, i thought it was understood that when living in apartments/duplexes, you put up with reasonable noise every once in awhile. its not like i was blasting it at 2 am :rolleyes:

Some people are just f****rs

Around my area you have until 10pm. So it doesn't matter if you're in an apartment you get from 10am to 10pm to be as obnoxious as you want.

So, legally, I would tell that lady to kindly go f*** herself.