• Full Slip B

• Quarter Slip

• Dual Pack

• Triple Pack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Type A - Type B - Quarter Slip - Dual Pack - Triple Pack - (Pre-order on September 29, 2016)
Price: Type A: $46.89 - Type B: $46.89 - 1/4 Slip: $45.69

Type A: 2,000 copies - Type B: 2,500 copies - 1/4 Slip: 1,000 copies

13938104_929743153836834_5964674825909768059_o.jpgtype a.jpgType B.jpgQuarter slip.jpg
image.png

- The steelbook illustration is by Krzysztof Domaradzki.
- The artwork for the slipbox was used previously for the Oldboy vinyl LP. It was co-ordinated by Nicolas Winding Refn, the director of Drive, and illustrated by Laurent Durieux. The director of Oldboy Park Chan-wook wanted one of our editions to feature this artwork so we reached out to Milan Records and illustrator Laurent Durieux. You'll be able to see more of the artwork since parts of the top and bottom were cropped out for the vinyl LP.

Old mock up
tumblr_odfq0maYYu1t1dcuoo1_1280.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope extras will be english friendly with subs.

Wouldn't hold my breath. However if they could do it would really be them crossing the last frontier and establishing themselves going truly above and beyond for the fans. English subbed extras on Korean discs have always been super rare but I always think to myself seriously how hard is it to get someone to translate and pop an extra subs option on there. I think the mentality is the demand isn't there - but OldBoy is one of those Korean flicks with a well defined identity along the lines of World Cinema... if any Korean flick could set a new precedent for more subs in future, I think this one has the pedigree to do it.

Talk about Plain Archive's facebook, isn't it weird that their facebook hasn't had anything new since 26th of September?? usually there is at least one new thing every other day.

Hehe @William be patient my friend. Everyone is checking the facebook for news for their next release. Probably their next release it will be ZDT, then Master steelbook, and then Oldboy .

Just give them time to work their magic ;)

Reactions: kron and William
Looking forward to this one.
I felt that the play.com release didn't do the film justice! I'm hoping this will be something special
I'll be watching this space.....