Om Shanti Om (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.11) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: March 31, 2016 - Pre-order on February 29 at 4 PM (Korea time)
Purchase link: Plainarchive.com
- Triple Pack - Sold out
- Triple Pack with The Imitation Game Postcards set - Sold out
- Duar Pack
- Type A (1,000 Limited print run / Only 250 copies for overseas customers)
- Type B (1,000 Limited print run / Only 250 copies for overseas customers)
Price: $33.69 | $95.67 (Triple Pack) | $64.38 (Dual Pack)

Note:

* PA announced keep case artwork.
Design by Park Dong-woo (Propaganda)

Type A | Type B

Cb_fmEeUkAAYq7R.jpgCb_fmgFUAAAFVtN.jpg
Cb_feboVIAAfnrz.jpg Cb_feeDUYAAF_7X.jpg

Type A Slipbox | Type B Slipbox | Keep case

12743675_828588423952308_2604597332853626504_n.jpg 1780811_828588420618975_7971138080778318332_n.jpg omo_kc.jpg
654784359_QrYcnyS2_image.jpg

11142099_853285018062884_1409819725_n.jpg

Last edited:
Via Facebook:
"Our thoughts on Om Shanti Om"

'OM SHANTI OM' is a Bollywood movie as some of you may already know — a slight departure from our traditional “arthouse” releases.

The story-line is pretty straightforward as you’d expect from a Masala film. But the grand design / scale of the production with dance numbers will leave you enthralled. The story is set around the Bollywood industry itself, which is why we believe that it’s the perfect introduction to the genre if you’ve never seen ...a Bollywood film before.

An Indian film may not be your thing, but please keep an open mind to world cinema like Bollywood. Plain Archive does not solely focus on critically acclaimed arthouse films. Releasing a series of culturally-diverse films is more important to us. Even though we understand the lack in popularity, we won’t be pouring less effort into this release. In fact, we’ll be taking extra steps to ensure that we come up with the best possible edition. OM SHANTI OM was a big success in India, but also in Korea as well. Actors Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone are both huge stars of Bollywood.

If you are a Plain Archive fan from overseas, we expect most of you to not have seen the movie. But perhaps releasing an Indian film is something that we ought to ambitiously try at least once, given the opportunity. There’s no need to purchase all of our releases “to collect ‘em all”. On the contrary, we believe that it’s better if you buy the releases you want to watch. But halting your Plain Archive collection altogether because of OM SHANTI OM hurts our feelings. Plain Archive will always strive for producing quality Blu-ray editions of well-made films, that are worth watching. The packaging is merely an icing on the cake.

Best regards
PLAIN ARCHIVE

I love that PLAIN are releasing a wide variety of movies, and I'm perfectly ok that they're not gonna necessarily pick something that I'm interested in each and every time (although they're doing pretty well so far). I find it frightening though that they've had to release a statement defending their choice complete with "But halting your Plain Archive collection altogether because of OM SHANTI OM hurts our feelings". Anybody that close-minded about movies really doesn't deserve all the nice things PLAIN puts out.

Personally, I don't think Om Shanti Om is out of place in the PLAIN Collection (it's a critically acclaimed non-English language film). However, it's just not THAT good a movie in my opinion. It's not a cut above or below the average Bollywood spectacle and although a big part of its appeal is that it also parodies Bollywood movies and culture, I find that Bollywood as a whole relies on a certain level of self-awareness and self-parody anyway so it's not doing anything that hasn't been done before.

At any rate, the packaging for this is just breathtaking. Although PLAIN themselves claim it's just icing on the cake, I think the amount of obvious effort and work put into the design says otherwise. It seems like they knew Om Shanti Om would be a choice that will divide their customers, and so they've decided to win the naysayers over something they just can't refuse - shiny shiny shimmering gold.

But the grand design / scale of the production with dance numbers will leave you enthralled.

PA does not solely focus on critically acclaimed arthouse films.

I'm sorry to hear that because that's exactly what appealed to me about PA, and made them unique. It's no big deal of course, you don't have to buy it. But as a great fan of PA I am disappointed that they are switching their exquisite attentions away from their bread and butter.

I love a break from the norm, films that take risks, films that look to break the mould and directors taking chances. EXACTLY what plain were doing. However, no amount of dancing and singing will be leaving me enthralled I'm afraid.

Actually there are a few posts that discuss the film. Read through the thread again.
I'm hinting/joking at the fact that it seems that some are thinking about the packaging first and the movie second.
Like: OMG! What could this bejeweled beauty be??!! I must have it!
image.jpg
Oh, no!! Not what I was expecting!!:OMG::rofl:
image.jpg

...OR - what could this magnificent guilded beauty be?? I will pay top dollar!
image.jpg
Oh, no!! It's a Horizontal ROCKETMAN!!EEK!:OMG::rofl::p
image.jpg

Last edited:
Now these are Fab looking slips, more like it PA! however not sure about the flick but will have to get them regardless :cigar:

increased the pricing of shipping
To our customers,

Korea Post has increased the pricing of its EMS (Express Delivery) service and Standard service by 8% each.

This increase comes in effect on July 1st, 2015.

Our Express and Standard delivery option is also affected as a result.

Thank you

- Plain Archive

I think after Ida, it will be 2 Days, One Night.
Nah, I think this one might be the next after Ida.
Rust and Bone(PA008), ZDT(PA007), OLLA(PA010), SFSM(PA009), so I think it's very logical that after Ida(PA012), it should be Om Shanti Om(PA011).
As for PA014, my guess would be either Old Boy or Ernest and Celestine, then followed by Two days One Night(PA013).
And I think Frank won't be released anytime soon, even further than The Act of Killing(PA017).

But I could be completely wrong:)

And then Still Alice, Mommy, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and Mid Summer's Fantasia, and the Foxcatcher steelbook. And Crying Fist