Transformers
Transformers ROTF

Release date: August 2012
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/search?q=blu-ray+steelbook&sort=release

Actual pics: (tx to Rodtp)
20120808_092936.jpg

20120808_093229.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be annoyed as everyone else if it did turn out to be identical, being relatively new to collecting I'd hate to see what I've paid a fair bit for (IM especially) identical re-released. I'm just hoping Paramount isn't that stupid & alienate it's primary customers.

Meh... I would like them to have different artwork, but not because of the value, I couldn't care less about that. And even if they re-release them with the exact same artwork, I don't think it would matter that much. Quite often, the exact same movie is released in different countries with the exact same artwork but one of them always end up being the rarest/more expensive/sought after of the lot. Look at the Final Fantasy VII Advent Children, one of them is like 3 times the value of the others. Same for the Chinese IPs of A-Team or Knight and Day. Same artwork as the Japanese steelbooks or other releases, and 4 times the value.
Don't sweat it guys, I have a hunch that these will either have completely new artwork (steelbook-wise) or (hopefully) will use the same artwork as the premium collection of digibooks, just like what happened with the recent Japanese wave of steels :)

Since you do not care if it is the same cover or not, then sell me your futureshop for $60 dollars :) I call dibs first.

In regards to Final Fantasy Advent Children, that seller just lied to the buyer stating that it is the rarest of them all. He just BSed. I even sent him a message about it, and of course, he never responded back to me. Anyone can post their own opinion and not fact and lied on Ebay and said it's the rarest one in the listing....fooling the buyer to buy it at a premium price. It's all about marketing and how an auction is advertised. Post a lot of pics, said the right words...and it will command so much more money than a listing with no detail information.

Meh... I would like them to have different artwork, but not because of the value, I couldn't care less about that. And even if they re-release them with the exact same artwork, I don't think it would matter that much. Quite often, the exact same movie is released in different countries with the exact same artwork but one of them always end up being the rarest/more expensive/sought after of the lot. Look at the Final Fantasy VII Advent Children, one of them is like 3 times the value of the others. Same for the Chinese IPs of A-Team or Knight and Day. Same artwork as the Japanese steelbooks or other releases, and 4 times the value.
Don't sweat it guys, I have a hunch that these will either have completely new artwork (steelbook-wise) or (hopefully) will use the same artwork as the premium collection of digibooks, just like what happened with the recent Japanese wave of steels :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jason Bourne
I don't know who about the Advent Children. How many countries released this and which is the most highly valued one?

About 4 or 5 countries released it. who knows how many copies for each countries as they shared the release.

All we know for a fact that it is sold out. The Korean edition is the only one with a slip while the others didn't have them. So which one is more highly valued, well, that depends on each individual preference.

It's like The Girls With the Dragon Tattoos...many countries are sharing the release...so which one is better? Different people have their own buying preference..some like Asia releases...some like UK releases..etc.

I don't know who about the Advent Children. How many countries released this and which is the most highly valued one?

Last edited:
Am I the only optimist collector here lol..there are collectors like myself who enjoy the purity of steelbooks.hell,I love blu rays and movie watching!what more could I ask for besides beautiful steels like the new Underworld coming out to store my blu ray in! Im going to keep on buying and stay excited when new titles with awesome art are introduced including "The Avengers" this fall regardless if they might re-release this later on.hey,I'm a big collector here too and appreciate the value as well,so don't get me wrong.but too much panic going on here IMO.steelbook collecting is also definitely bigger than ever before.its not like we've taken a few steps backwards losing buyers.members here have grown too and wreck's site keeps on expanding as it should.about the "Iron Man",I think it'll be different art.look at "Wanted" original design from Germany;how many re-releases has this title hav e?a gazillion and yet its more valuable than ever.so to me,its not a game changer at all.I'm staying the course and the game plan stays the same lol

we are not too worry about them releasing another Iron Man cover artwork, but we are questioning them if it's going to be the same or not...and most of us who own Iron Man futureshop or some paying $500 for it is not too happy.

I, myself. welcome another Iron Man steelbook in different artwork. I'll buy it. But, don't slap my face with the same artwork from futureshop when they called it limited edition in the first place. I'm waiting to see if they are going to slap me or not. If they do, then I'll slap back with my wallet.

I don't want to pay $200+ again to find out they'll release the same version for $50. Who in earth wants that to do that? LOL.

For you urbeenjammin, you are a reseller, you buy bulks and you resell them. It will benefit you for sure....true? The more new releases out there, the more you are able to sell them.

Am I the only optimist collector here lol..there are collectors like myself who enjoy the purity of steelbooks.hell,I love blu rays and movie watching!what more could I ask for besides beautiful steels like the new Underworld coming out to store my blu ray in! Im going to keep on buying and stay excited when new titles with awesome art are introduced including "The Avengers" this fall regardless if they might re-release this later on.hey,I'm a big collector here too and appreciate the value as well,so don't get me wrong.but too much panic going on here IMO.steelbook collecting is also definitely bigger than ever before.its not like we've taken a few steps backwards losing buyers.members here have grown too and wreck's site keeps on expanding as it should.about the "Iron Man",I think it'll be different art.look at "Wanted" original design from Germany;how many re-releases has this title hav e?a gazillion and yet its more valuable than ever.so to me,its not a game changer at all.I'm staying the course and the game plan stays the same lol

I guess me and MayFlower are taking this a lot heavier then others are. I can't see how a lot of you are taking this so lightly.

Im not sure if some of you have forgotten this but what is the point of "limited" or "collectors" or "special" or "collectible" or what ever else edition you wanna call them if they don't live up to their name?

If they keep pumping out steel books like regular amaray cases then what really makes them any different other then the fact that packaging is different and nicer ?

I guess at this point I just don't get it then if the above isn't true.

I guess me and MayFlower are taking this a lot heavier then others are. I can't see how a lot of you are taking this so lightly.

Im not sure if some of you have forgotten this but what is the point of "limited" or "collectors" or "special" or "collectible" or what ever else edition you wanna call them if they don't live up to their name?

If they keep pumping out steel books like regular amaray cases then what really makes them any different other then the fact that packaging is different and nicer ?

First of all mate, we don't even know what the design is yet, all the information we got is the titles of the re-releases and the release date.

Secondly mate there are a lot of re-releases which haven't devalued a lot of the original steels that were released. For example Wanted debossed. So many releases and its still expensive. John Rambo had another release and another on Metal Pak. Still expensive and holding its value. I don't think I actually seen a sealed one on ebay but I heard it went for around £400. Death Race debossed hasn't dropped in value and the cheapest is around $120 and that was re-released. Star Trek was re-released in Germany which added insult to the original release.

I am quite confident that the originals will always be the rare expensive steelz that hardcore collectors want. New releases always help new collectors. I was a new collector once and I was buying all the re-releases until I reaslised the ones I got were the inferior ones and not valued at all.

If every release was identical, ROTF, ST, IM, then I will begin to worry. Till then let's just wait for the news :)

Reactions: Lone Crusader

I like the hunt, not the steelbooks, and I don't give a rat's ass about them losing or gaining value. They can re-release all my rare ones for all I care, I'll still love them as much.

I like the hunt, not the steelbooks, and I don't give a rat's ass about them losing or gaining value. They can re-release all my rare ones for all I care, I'll still love them as much.

Ok then lets see you sell your Iron Man for MSRP. Why not if it doesn't matter?

Heck lets see you sell all your spares at MSRP?

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

First of all mate, we don't even know what the design is yet, all the information we got is the titles of the re-releases and the release date.

Secondly mate there are a lot of re-releases which haven't devalued a lot of the original steels that were released. For example Wanted debossed. So many releases and its still expensive. John Rambo had another release and another on Metal Pak. Still expensive and holding its value. I don't think I actually seen a sealed one on ebay but I heard it went for around £400. Death Race debossed hasn't dropped in value and the cheapest is around $120 and that was re-released. Star Trek was re-released in Germany which added insult to the original release.

I am quite confident that the originals will always be the rare expensive steelz that hardcore collectors want. New releases always help new collectors. I was a new collector once and I was buying all the re-releases until I reaslised the ones I got were the inferior ones and not valued at all.

If every release was identical, ROTF, ST, IM, then I will begin to worry. Till then let's just wait for the news :)

Yeah no Im assuming same artwork which isn't confirmed so there is that. Don't get me wrong different artwork is game... but same isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.