Parasite (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [France]

Mar 24, 2013
Release date: February 28, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon FR - FNAC
Price: €34.99 (FNAC) - €32.68 (Amazon)

91klbcgmFaL._AC_SX569_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if someone has already said this, but for those who haven't seen the movie... DO NOT look at the front cover, there's a pretty big plot spoiler there IMO.
Oh, thank you so much. Luckily I avoided loading the image.

Hmmm, why do studios approve cover images that contain spoilers?

That would make sense, I hope they ship internationally when they open on the 16th
I hope so as well. I'm probably going to pick up the standard U.S. release and do a disc swap. If a premium happens down the line, will more than likely grab that too. I don't like having money apparently :rolleyes:.

Reactions: BlackDevil
I hope so as well. I'm probably going to pick up the standard U.S. release and do a disc swap. If a premium happens down the line, will more than likely grab that too. I don't like having money apparently :rolleyes:.

Me too, but I may look for a .srt somewhere so I can watch the 4K disc in this set too.

Reactions: Premises

I've asked, but they've yet to respond.

I've been translating away and they have described the Steelbook finish as follows :

"There is a debossing on the title embedded in the wall and on the front door at the top of the stairs. For the rest, we left the metal bare in a few strategic places, but overall privileged the tone of the colors for all the rooms of the house"

There's also an exclusive poster, designed by Marie Bergeron, that's 61 x 91cm, costs €50 and is limited and numbered to 300 units, that I would love to purchase , that goes on sale the same day.

Fingers crossed for international shipping!

I've asked, but they've yet to respond.

I've been translating away and they have described the Steelbook finish as follows :

"There is a debossing on the title embedded in the wall and on the front door at the top of the stairs. For the rest, we left the metal bare in a few strategic places, but overall privileged the tone of the colors for all the rooms of the house"

There's also an exclusive poster, designed by Marie Bergeron, that's 61 x 91cm, costs €50 and is limited and numbered to 300 units, that I would love to purchase , that goes on sale the same day.

Fingers crossed for international shipping!

Thats all from the Joker store?

Thats all from the Joker store?
It was translated from some responses they gave on Twitter to some questions that were asked.
Poster is on sale on their new store the same day as the box set, along with a photo book and double vinyl for the French film 'Adoration' (2019) and a digipack blu ray for the film 'The Ballad of Narayama' (1983).

Are these the Amazon France release?
Amazon, France et al will sell the steelbook by itself - "Un steelbook (qui sera disponible à l’unité dans les réseaux traditionnels)" . . . for the Collector's Edition - outer box, storyboard 'signed' by the director etc. - you'll need to go to The Joker's Store.

As for the lack of English subs: It's the usual explanation - "A question of rights".
From their website, "Pas de sous-titres anglais (question de droits… Sinon, vous pensez bien qu’on se serait fait un plaisir de les mettre en option)".

Full details of this release can be seen here:-

A unique-looking steelbook that's for sure and the only other I can think of with a house as main feature is HEREDITARY (and that's on the back):-
Capture.JPG

does anyone know if it's possible to overlay a .srt file on a LG UP870 player? I really want to pick this up and try to make it work but might have to settle for the US release for now :dunno:

Reactions: tanokike
A response on Twitter, to the parasite print for sale, answered that international shipping will be available, along with payment via PayPal, assuming that will be applicable for all the goods they are selling.

5pm France time available for purchase
Thanks! I'm really excited for this one. Hopefully their servers are up for the task. I need this pre-order to work perfectly smooth, because I got a train to catch a few minutes later. :sweat: I wish they already allowed for signing up at their webstore. *panic intensifies*

Reactions: Four Foot One
Yeah its working now but I already placed the order lol. I'll try emailing them see if they can fix it otherwise guess I'll be hitting up the marketplace here lol

Yeah its working now but I already placed the order lol. I'll try emailing them see if they can fix it otherwise guess I'll be hitting up the marketplace here lol

I kept getting an error message ("shop has no theme" ?!?) on the Joker website after pressing the order button 12 times. Was ready to give up and then received a confirmation e-mail.....will wait and see!