Mar 24, 2013
Release date: February 28, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon FR - FNAC
Price: €34.99 (FNAC) - €32.68 (Amazon)

91klbcgmFaL._AC_SX569_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Final artwork:

Title will be debossed:

WoW simply amazing artwork, thank you for sharing :thumbs: I love it so much to even overlook the reversed spine title which is saying something as I’ve never done that for any other steelbook I’ve thought about purchasing. This is a must have and an absolute masterpiece of a film.

Yeah hopefully this is WWA because the standard French release already does not have English subs. Otherwise, I'll have to overlook the spine as well, this is too gorgeous.

Reactions: willbar84
I'm already obsessed with this artwork. Does anybody know if this is available as a poster or print?
If not already available the poster by Choi Ji-su should be soon from The Jokers store
"Voici le poster complet":-
Capture.JPG

the image clearly influenced by the famous American illustrator Chris Ware ...
Capture.JPG

... as well as having something of Habbo Hotel about it ...
Capture.JPG

... and the Sims Mansion style designs:-
Capture.JPG

The Collector's Edition only available from The Jokers Films:-
"@thejokersfilms
·Dec 20
Voici le calendrier #TheJokersShop.
On y vendra que des éditions/tirages limités, qui ne seront disponibles nulle part ailleurs.
Ce sera notamment le cas pour le coffret collector de #Parasite.
Alors pour être sûr d'être sur le coup, inscrivez-vous sur TheJokers-Shop."
Capture.JPG

Choi Ji-su art:-

Personally not come across anything similar on a steelbook with probably the closest I've come across = one of my UK favourites - the first edition of METROPOLIS - and that's not really that close:-
DSC02143.JPG

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Premises and milky
PA confirmed on Insta (read the comments on the following post) that this won't have English subs unfortunately. They also said they won't be doing their own release. :(

• Informative
Reactions: milky
But, yeah... really unique/stunning art! Real shame about the backwards spine and no English subs though, which means I can't justify the price and will have to pass unfortunately.

Reactions: Nathan Bateman
I don't get it

So PA will release the same steelbook in Korea market but not under the PA label similar to handmaiden?

PA confirmed on Insta (read the comments on the following post) that this won't have English subs unfortunately. They also said they won't be doing their own release. :(

Reactions: tanokike
this film is getting a lot of Oscar buzz. I need to watch this.

Easily the best movie of the year, maybe the entire decade. This film is so masterful in its depiction of class warfare and uses visual storytelling and foreshadowing better than any film in recent history. It will get the foreign film Oscar for sure, but should have a shot at Best Picture too, but I don't think the Academy will do it. I think they will give it to "Once upon a time in Hollywood", because it is the ultimate insider film and not to "The Irishman", "Marriage Story" or "The Two Popes" because they were all streaming films.

I love this steelbook for Parasite and bought it immediately and will buy any other steelbook of it that comes out. Over time this will morph into my favourite filme of all time!
Yeah, maybe you should watch it :naughty:

Reactions: Last Lizard
I don't get it

So PA will release the same steelbook in Korea market but not under the PA label similar to handmaiden?
As far as I'm aware this is being released in France only and it's not being released/handled by PA - they apparently only gave a helping hand and made a documentary for the film...

254424_large.jpg

Universal US would release their BD next month (Jan 28)... probably be the most friendly version (english sub) up to date but it's inferior than FR since it doesn't have atmos mix...

Last edited:
254424_large.jpg

Universal US would release their BD next month (Jan 28)... probably be the most friendly version (english sub) up to date but it's inferior than FR since it doesn't have atmos mix...

While I haven’t personally used this method before on my OPPO 203 UHD 4K Blu-ray Player it does have a feature to play external subs from a USB when watching UHD Blu’s so by the sounds of thing I will need to track down an english.srt file for this as there’s no way I’m missing out on an Atmos Mix and paying extra for another 4K disc. Not sure if other players have this feature but it maybe worth looking into as it would be a shame to miss out on this gorgeous steelbook because of a disk with missing English subtitles.

Last edited:
Reactions: goufcustom