Paterson (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.53) [Korea]

Jan 15, 2014
Taipei
Release date: May 2, 2019
Purchase link: Full Slip - 1/4 Slip (Pre-order April 4. Total quantity is 900: 650 domestic, 250 overseas) - Premium Box (Pre-order February 11 at 4 PM Korea Standard Time Zone)
Price: $67.69 (super early bird price, first 24 hours) - $74.69 (early bird price, first 3 days) - $79.69 (retail price)
Note: Limited to 2000 copies. The copies numbered will be dispatched at random.
Steelbook™ with high-quality 1/4 slip cover with premium box. World Exclusive Artwork. Steelbook™ made by SCANAVO (Full Gloss Finish). Blu-ray Disc. World's 1st Paterson Soundtrack CD by SQÜRL. Beautiful Crafted Metal pin badge. 60p Hard cover guide book (support both Korean and partial English). High-Quality Poetry Note. Pencil. 8 Square Art cards. 2 Plain Archive's exclusive removable stickers

From PA: The Premium Box can be shipped with K-PACKET, but to avoid delay/damage/loss, we strongly recommend that you choose EMS.

9a820fa618770d8948f44450c2c71a83_2048x.jpg813eb0a37007a727245388721a2f37ed_2048x.jpg9db0b5d643e21582aec4347749b7aefb_2048x.jpg
1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic art (both steelbook and fullslip) for a fantastic film. Cannot wait, and really happy with Plain Archive’s flawless movie picks since day 1. Now bring on No Country For Old Men, There Will Be Blood, Inherent Vice, Being John Malkovich, Amores Perros, Perfect Blue, Boyhood, Night On Earth, Shame (2011), Song To Song, Magnolia, Black Swan, In Bruges, Atonement, Adaptation, Traffic, Collateral, Assassination Of Jesse James, A History Of Violence, Phantom Thread, The Proposition, Mud, Animal Kingdom, Youth, etc. Just to suggest a few modern classics. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Four Foot One
this release is pretty confusing, what's up with PA? posted photo with gloss finish and later on matte finish... and then gloss finish again?
and premium box doesn't have full slip, only 1/4 and just regular steelbook?

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 8.40.30 AM.png

this release is pretty confusing, what's up with PA? posted photo with gloss finish and later on matte finish... and then gloss finish again?
and premium box doesn't have full slip, only 1/4 and just regular steelbook?

View attachment 412844

They are handling this is in such a sh!t way

Focusing way too much on these box editons and using fundraising. Then the leftover go in full slips. Just stupid

It’s got a pencil in it. Sounds pretty premium to me.

The pencil is an extra which is very on-point thematically, considering what is narrated in the movie. In general I would say that all the content of this deluxe box is deeply connected to some actual aspect of the flick, even the 2 discs' artworks.

They are handling this is in such a sh!t way

Focusing way too much on these box editons and using fundraising. Then the leftover go in full slips. Just stupid

Not really. As far as I understood there's an upper limit of 1000 pieces for the deluxe box, regardless of the crowdfunding thing. This means that printrun for the full plus 1/4 slips will be 1000 or more.

Not really. As far as I understood there's an upper limit of 1000 pieces for the deluxe box, regardless of the crowdfunding thing. This means that printrun for the full plus 1/4 slips will be 1000 or more.

Plain have said that if the full print run of 2000 sells out during the premium box phase, there won’t be any fullslips.
At least that’s what I’ve taken. They’re selling as many possible in the premium box & then whatever remains will go in the fullslip.

Reactions: zoltan_g
Plain have said that if the full print run of 2000 sells out during the premium box phase, there won’t be any fullslips.
At least that’s what I’ve taken. They’re selling as many possible in the premium box & then whatever remains will go in the fullslip.
It would be a shame, because the fullslip art looks wonderful!

They wont sell the box in that large quantity. There will be left over for the full slips Im sure. Its the same type of thing they did with Mommy which was really nice box release

PA confirmed the premium box’s limit quantity is 1,000.

The pencil is an extra which is very on-point thematically, considering what is narrated in the movie. In general I would say that all the content of this deluxe box is deeply connected to some actual aspect of the flick, even the 2 discs' artworks.

I have no fear that the box won’t sell out etc however that pencil is jokes mate. Utterly pointless. And I like my extra bits but that’s laughable

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
Genuine question.
What would you have proposed should have been in the box set, for a film that involves a character who writes (pencil, in the box) poems(in the box) in a notebook (in the box)?

I’m not saying it don’t go with the film and that it don’t make sense. It’s just a pointless extra imo. And PA aren’t the first to include a pointless extra.
They focus too much on these boxes editons and have done for a while.

This release is a little different but they usually over complicate things like with fox catcher and all the different versions.
but then they have balanaced out the usual over complication buy making the purchase through a crowd fund and then “if” they have any left over do release as a slip. When the majority of collectors are just slip collectors. Making it harder for the standard collectors.