Paterson (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.53) [Korea]

Jan 15, 2014
Taipei
Release date: May 2, 2019
Purchase link: Full Slip - 1/4 Slip (Pre-order April 4. Total quantity is 900: 650 domestic, 250 overseas) - Premium Box (Pre-order February 11 at 4 PM Korea Standard Time Zone)
Price: $67.69 (super early bird price, first 24 hours) - $74.69 (early bird price, first 3 days) - $79.69 (retail price)
Note: Limited to 2000 copies. The copies numbered will be dispatched at random.
Steelbook™ with high-quality 1/4 slip cover with premium box. World Exclusive Artwork. Steelbook™ made by SCANAVO (Full Gloss Finish). Blu-ray Disc. World's 1st Paterson Soundtrack CD by SQÜRL. Beautiful Crafted Metal pin badge. 60p Hard cover guide book (support both Korean and partial English). High-Quality Poetry Note. Pencil. 8 Square Art cards. 2 Plain Archive's exclusive removable stickers

From PA: The Premium Box can be shipped with K-PACKET, but to avoid delay/damage/loss, we strongly recommend that you choose EMS.

9a820fa618770d8948f44450c2c71a83_2048x.jpg813eb0a37007a727245388721a2f37ed_2048x.jpg9db0b5d643e21582aec4347749b7aefb_2048x.jpg
1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wow pa really have problems to sell even low printruns...
just the quarter is sold out (even on the korean site)

sad :(

wow pa really have problems to sell even low printruns...
just the quarter is sold out (even on the korean site)

sad :(

...yet they managed to sell 1000 very expensive premium box sets!

Which probably goes some way to explaining why not as many people are buying the full Slip or quarter Slip as they already own the Steelbook.

At least they are giving other options to those who want to purchase a cheaper release, which is a good thing.

I'd say nothing sad about that at all! :)

...yet they managed to sell 1000 very expensive premium box sets!

Which probably goes some way to explaining why not as many people are buying the full Slip or quarter Slip as they already own the Steelbook.

At least they are giving other options to those who want to purchase a cheaper release, which is a good thing.

I'd say nothing sad about that at all! :)
But even the premium box is still in stock - listing says "ABOUT 50 COPIES REMAIN (18:05, 18 FEB)" so either they have been having trouble selling those for the past month and a half or they have more stock than they let on.
Also not sure if that 50 copies are for international and Korean customers combined or just international.

I like Plain Archive releases for their quality but their recent releases just haven't seem to be selling that well.

Plain Archive put out more art house fare than other companies. As good as some of the films are, they will never
appeal to the great unwashed. If anyone thinks that is an elitist comment, so be it. Let's take it outside.:punch::LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: Four Foot One
Why does anyone care if they sell out on Plain Archive? All the better for those that don’t want to pay some social reject who purchased multiple copies to make a buck out of fellow collectors. I’ve noticed there are plenty of those types hanging out on HDN. And all power to them. It’s a free market after all.

Why does anyone care if they sell out on Plain Archive? All the better for those that don’t want to pay some social reject who purchased multiple copies to make a buck out of fellow collectors. I’ve noticed there are plenty of those types hanging out on HDN. And all power to them. It’s a free market after all.
It's because I like them and would like them to stick around :p
It's refreshing to have a premium retailer that's not focused on mainstream releases, and they have given us some great artwork and packaging in the past. I don't know their financial situation but having excess stock is probably costly to them in the long run.

That said, it's great to be able to catch up on some older releases without paying silly prices on eBay :)

Couldn't agree with you more.
I've never understood the opinion that if something doesn't sell out, it is therefore classed as unpopular or a failure. Same for believing print runs should be lower.
Plain went on record years ago saying they were setting print runs at a level where goods should be available for anyone who wants them
As long as they sell enough copies to fund future releases, then all is good :)

Plain Archive put out more art house fare than other companies. As good as some of the films are, they will never
appeal to the great unwashed. If anyone thinks that is an elitist comment, so be it. Let's take it outside.:punch::LOL:

This is what appeals to me with Plain. First and foremost, it's their film choices. They match my tastes exactly.
Where else can I go to, to buy and watch a miniscule budget independent Korean movie and also big budget 'arthouse' movies, if companies like them didn't exist? :)