Plain Archive - SteelBook Retailer Thread [Korea]

Please discuss shipping, customer service, availability etc about this retailer here.

Plain Archive.png

FAQ:

Q) What is their website address?
A) http://plainarchive.com/

Q) Where in the world are they located?
A) South Korea

Q) I don't speak Korean, how can I place an order?
A) They provide an English language version of their website.

Q) Do they ship outside of Korea?
A) Yes, they ship internationally.

Q) Returns/Exchange policy?
A) http://plainarchive.com/pages/refund-policy

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) A sturdy cardboard box with 2 layers of bubble wrap around the item.

Q) Do they declare a low custom value to prevent a customs fee in my country?
A) They do not officially offer this service, this is due to legal reasons. They do however state they will keep value down the best they can. See for more details: http://plainarchive.com/pages/on-import-duties-taxes

Last edited:
Some news regarding their shipping options:

Dear International customers

★★★ Important Update: Our Online Store ★★★

Beginning with the pre-order of <I Saw The Devil> and <The Master>, our Online Store will no longer support Small Packet shipping. Korea Post has recently asked us to replace all Small Packet shipments with K-Packet.

Small Packet is a manual system that requires a lot of time on our end, resulting in a huge slowdown of our entire shipping process. The shipping system is out of date.

We’re also experiencing a huge increase with incoming orders. The total print run of <I Saw The Devil> and <The Master> combined exceeds 5,000, which is a lot for us to handle.

So we're sorry that no longer support Small Packet shipping. Please use K-Packet from now on for its safety and speed. Thank you for understanding. We'll do our best for reliable customer service.

Best regards
PLAIN ARCHIVE

10355462_552905538187266_7255052996169843249_o.jpg

When I used it, it stated 7-10 days if I remember correctly. The parcel came in 5 days, I was pretty impressed! Let us know your experience with the service.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of films Plain Archive have the rights to? I have made a few suggestions, but they said they do not have the rights for them, which is why they can't be considered.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of films Plain Archive have the rights to? I have made a few suggestions, but they said they do not have the rights for them, which is why they can't be considered.
Try asking them directly mate. Never know, won't hurt to try.

This may not be news to you but in case you hadn't seen this post from earlier in the year, Plain had stated the following. Clearly not all those listed will release this year given that we're now ending the year but at least provides an indication of a few titles for next year? :)

Oldboy, the 10th Anniversary Digitally Remastered edition is Plain’s most ambitious project of 2014. Juno pitched the idea to director Park Chan-wook, and he was immediately on board. Plain is currently working on the steelbook design, a new audio commentary, a photo book, and video interviews.

You can expect Plain Archive to release the following titles this year.

In no particular order:

• The King of Pigs
  • I Saw the Devil
  • Om Shanti Om
  • The Master
  • Zero Dark Thirty
  • Blue Is the Warmest Colour
  • Rust and Bone
  • Holy Motors
  • Oldboy

Do you think there may be any chance these guys will ever take on tv series box sets?

I would love to see

Breaking Bad (obviously)
The Sopranos
The Wire
Deadwood
Mad Men

Do you think there may be any chance these guys will ever take on tv series box sets?

I would love to see

Breaking Bad (obviously)
The Sopranos
The Wire
Deadwood
Mad Men
Hopefully, that would be pretty special. They haven't really made many independent releases compared to other Asian retailers, I'd say they are probably a while off doing TV series as the larger retailers haven't started doing them yet. Who knows PA might be a game changer(fingers crossed).

Reactions: meth head
Hopefully, that would be pretty special. They haven't really made many independent releases compared to other Asian retailers, I'd say they are probably a while off doing TV series as the larger retailers haven't started doing them yet. Who knows PA might be a game changer(fingers crossed).

I would love to see it happen, and why not?!

PA, Kimchi or NM doing Br Ba & The Sopranos would be a dream. One can only hope.

Reactions: eps999