Plain Archive - SteelBook Retailer Thread [Korea]

Please discuss shipping, customer service, availability etc about this retailer here.

Plain Archive.png

FAQ:

Q) What is their website address?
A) http://plainarchive.com/

Q) Where in the world are they located?
A) South Korea

Q) I don't speak Korean, how can I place an order?
A) They provide an English language version of their website.

Q) Do they ship outside of Korea?
A) Yes, they ship internationally.

Q) Returns/Exchange policy?
A) http://plainarchive.com/pages/refund-policy

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) A sturdy cardboard box with 2 layers of bubble wrap around the item.

Q) Do they declare a low custom value to prevent a customs fee in my country?
A) They do not officially offer this service, this is due to legal reasons. They do however state they will keep value down the best they can. See for more details: http://plainarchive.com/pages/on-import-duties-taxes

Last edited:
My first order with Plain Archive was for The Wrestler Full Slip. The site is easy to use and the packaging is excellent.

DSCF3312.JPG

Reactions: eps999
What's the cheapest/best shipping option to go with to avoid customs? I'm in the UK if that helps. Thanks!

Last edited:
So I went with K-Packet in the end... it arrived today really well packed and with no extra charges, so I'm very happy with the service. :D

Why are all the films they do steels for boring!!! And now The Master is being added to that list. Although I must admit, the artwork they choose to use is awesome.

Why are all the films they do steels for boring!!! And now The Master is being added to that list. Although I must admit, the artwork they choose to use is awesome.
Well, that's your opinion of course, but it's the core of what they are and what they want to represent.

Contemporary moviegems, not blockbusters. For blockbusters you go to kimchi or Nova media. Plain archive is more of a niche market.

Sure, I would have loved a Melancholia steelbook, but I just love their slipcase releases.

I love the business standpoint and it let's them stand out of the crowd, to provide movie collectors with products out of the ordinary and usual suspects that get released with a special packaging.

So I went with K-Packet in the end... it arrived today really well packed and with no extra charges, so I'm very happy with the service. :D
Sorry I didn't get back to you bud. Glad you got good service! Generally K-Packet is a decent service(used this service a couple of times with Kimchi direct), I personally use EMS as it's faster. The less time in transit the less chance of damage. I normally put $10 - $20 on the custom declaration section, depending on how many items I've ordered. $10 a Steelbook works just fine, believable and low value. The UK customs tend to charge on anything over the price of £18, so do a conversion and make sure it's below. That'll stop the buggers stinging you! [emoji13]

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles
@eps999 No worries dude... your reply is still helpful and appreciated. I mainly chose K-Packet because I've also used that service before with Kimchi. Will probably take your advice and go with EMS next time though. Thanks for the info buddy! :)

I did a trial run yesterday on items that were in stock and never had an option to change shipping. I saw all of the different price options, but didn't have a way to change it. Is that something I can change after I return to PA from the PayPal site?

I did a trial run yesterday on items that were in stock and never had an option to change shipping. I saw all of the different price options, but didn't have a way to change it. Is that something I can change after I return to PA from the PayPal site?

Yes, that's the way they have the checkout process designed.

They have you go through Paypal first so that it can validate your shipping address, and PA can then provide you with the actual shipping costs to your specific location.

When you come back to the PA site from Paypal, there will be a dropdown bar, where you can choose whatever shipping options are available (and shows prices for each).

Good luck!