Planet Earth - Ultimate Collectable Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: January 22, 2016
Purchase link: It will be available for purchase via plainarchive.com exclusively for overseas customers.
- Full Slipbox (1000 copies only for international)
- Lenticular Full Slipbox (500 copies only for international)
- Quater Slip (300 copies only for international)

Price: Full Slipbox with 100p Booklet - $89.99 | Lenticular - $89.99 | Quater - $86.99
* Discount price for Pre-order : $5.00

Note: It's 6 Discs, Not Jumbo steelbook. Made in Denmark. Numbered limited edition, includes a 100 page booklet.

Quarter Slipcover | Full Slipbox | Lenticular Full Slipbox
-2.jpg -3.jpg -4.jpg

1.gif

cda82bd44b75f4ec2097fa52a786fc66.gif

'Planet Earth' Ultimate Collector's Edition (6 Discs) Steelbook Tin Proof Artwork.
Mirage Entertainment's release of Planet Earth will be the world's first Blu-ray Steelbook for the renowned tv series.
Plain Archive was not involved in the making of this product, but this release will be available for purchase via our online store exclusively for overseas customers.
The Steelbook preview came out great, and we're looking forward to seeing the final product. More details of this release will be announced soon.

11202081_783475718463579_1848009942112765934_n.jpg 11224363_783475618463589_5482143542023542137_n.jpg 11225071_783475615130256_9103383667935578225_n.jpg 12274775_783475668463584_2565043024677145487_n.jpg 12310495_783475675130250_1456501973395524716_n.jpg 12313928_783475671796917_5558112228899124993_n.jpg

- New High quality sound.
- added New commentary.
- added Special Feature disc

(Pre-order date is Dec 13 04:00 (KST))
8nYZwKl.png

Last edited:
wow... 6-Disc? I thought the maximum was 5... anyway interested to see the artwork tho...

6 discs but not a jumbo... hmm are we storing discs outwith the steelbook now? :whistle:;)
They are literally stacked on top of each other. With a little space in between (I'm assuming that from the pics). The recent Game of Thrones steelbooks use the same design. So yea 6 discs max.

Please let it have Sir Attenborough as commentary.. Please!

I totally forgot that they had sigourney weaver (if I remember correctly) narrating the series in the us. Living in the UK we always had Attenborough narrating the series and I feel blessed for that.

I don't see why any studio/to executives would ever consider any other than Attenborough to narrate them.

Not trying to say anything bad about the other narrators, but for me I can't see any other person but David Attenborough narrating the series.

As a huge fan and admirer of his I'll jump at any chance to get any of his series on steelbook! Hopefully there will be a collection of his documentaries released as steelbook.

Also I would really love to meet him. Hoping for a chance!!

Reactions: AnubisNefer
From PA facebook :

'Planet Earth' Ultimate Collector's Edition (6 Discs) Steelbook Tin Proof Artwork.
Mirage Entertainment's release of Planet Earth will be the world's first Blu-ray Steelbook for the renowned tv series.
Plain Archive was not involved in the making of this product, but this release will be available for purchase via our online store exclusively for overseas customers.
The Steelbook preview came out great, and we're looking forward to seeing the final product. More details of this release will be announced soon.

Will this have Sigourney Weaver or David Attenborough narrator

Who was the narrator on the previous Korean DVD or Blu-ray releases of Planet Earth

If it is the USA Region A version then it's sigourney weaver and that will mean for me anyway no purchase

Last edited:
If it's not David Attenborough as the narrator then no way I'm ordering this if it's Sigourney
This TV series originally was broadcast on BBC UK with David Attenborough as the narrator anyone else as the narrator is not acceptable in my opinion

Why on earth did they use Sigourney as the narrator for the USA broadcast it should have been Attenborough as it's his TV series

Reactions: luke98
If it's not David Attenborough as the narrator then no way I'm ordering this if it's Sigourney
This TV series originally was broadcast on BBC UK with David Attenborough as the narrator anyone else as the narrator is not acceptable in my opinion

Why on earth did they use Sigourney as the narrator for the USA broadcast it should have been Attenborough as it's his TV series
hopefully its the Paul Boland narrator edition :thumbs:

Reactions: Marina Blue
Will this have Sigourney Weaver or David Attenborough narrator

Who was the narrator on the previous Korean DVD or Blu-ray releases of Planet Earth

If it is the USA Region A version then it's sigourney weaver and that will mean for me anyway no purchase

It will have David Attenborough narration. The previous Korean Blu-ray also has David Attenborough narration.

Can not wait for this one ... currently watching Attenboroughs latest documentary series "The Hunt" which in my opinion is MUCH better / entertaining than Planet Earth. I wish The Hunt gets a steelbook treatment as well.

Reactions: luke98
I just love Sigourney Weaver's Voice on the US version and cannot imagine for me hearing anyone but her Narrate this series. Same as ''Life'' which was another Insane Production as ''Planet Earth'' I cannot Imagine anyone else but Oprah narrate it...I guess it comes down to when you first heard it and how you got used to the narration...(since some of us got used to the US Version)

It does make sense that someone from the UK would prefer David Attenborough

Last edited:
Reactions: Marina Blue