Purchase links:
Predator
Price: £21.99
Notes: Matte Finish. Limited to 3000 Copies
1 disc editon-3D and 2D version on 1 BD disc

pred.jpg

pred3.jpg pred2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
May get it once it hits the bargain bin... It still wasn't this time that we got a nice Predator steelbook.

Im probably going to buy this because ive just bought all the alien steelbooks and hope that zavvi re-release Predator 2 and Predators.

Predators desperately needs a re rlease as the play version is terrible! Blue banner and printed back! I will pass on This one though as I have the the predator steelbook from their first wave a few years ago and I think it is nicer then this one.

The more steel books zavvi release, the less I want them...it's got to the point now where each release is either something I don't want or something I already own (in a better version)

Maybe they should change their tag line to 'the home of re releasez'

So many damn negative responses on this page. If there are collectors out here who joined the steelbook party late (such as myself) then this is a good way of picking up releases we might of missed out on first time round.
Agreed, it doesn't come with the lenticular magnet, so people who already own that version can be safe in the knowledge that they have a different, superior version.
If you don't like the releases, don't buy them. And if you already have them, be glad you've got the lenti versions!!

As I missed out on the Play.com Steelbook
I will be getting this
I would though like to see the price be more in the range of £14.99 to £17.99 and all the other re releases the same

Why we seeing the re releases
Fox and the other Film Studios now see the increase popularity of steelbooks and remember there is a lot of new collectors who want these
Its not all about collectors from 2-3 years ago there is a lot of new collectors who will be glad this is getting released and will create even more new steelbook collectors

If you already have a predator steelbook that's fine but remember there are a lot who don't
Your not been forced into buying any release

Last edited:
German lenticular one does the job so ill stick with that thanks for the info anyway mate...

So many damn negative responses on this page. If there are collectors out here who joined the steelbook party late (such as myself) then this is a good way of picking up releases we might of missed out on first time round.
Agreed, it doesn't come with the lenticular magnet, so people who already own that version can be safe in the knowledge that they have a different, superior version.
If you don't like the releases, don't buy them. And if you already have them, be glad you've got the lenti versions!!
I am on the same boat. :thumbs:

As I missed out on the Play.com Steelbook
I will be getting this
I would though like to see the price be more in the range of £14.99 to £17.99 and all the other re releases the same

Why we seeing the re releases
Fox and the other Film Studios now see the increase popularity of steelbooks and remember there is a lot of new collectors who want these
Its not all about collectors from 2-3 years ago there is a lot of new collectors who will be glad this is getting released and will create even more new steelbook collectors

If you already have a predator steelbook that's fine but remember there are a lot who don't
Your not been forced into buying any release

Could not agree more as a recent collector whom does not want to pay ebay prices some of these rereleases are very welcome.
The price is too high though

So many damn negative responses on this page. If there are collectors out here who joined the steelbook party late (such as myself) then this is a good way of picking up releases we might of missed out on first time round. If you don't like the releases, don't buy them. And if you already have them, be glad you've got the lenti versions!!

I'm not being a negative nancy, it's more about frustration at the lack of originality. I'm starting to see where folks are coming from when they complain about re releases, I couldn't give a monkeys about the 'value' of my collection...to me it's worth what I paid for it, and if I decide to sell something it's worth what someone would pay for it but the whole steelbook game is becoming very stale for me, there was a time not so long ago I was interested in every release, now it's closer to 1 in 10, maybe less due to either already owning it from an earlier (usually better) release, or it being ridiculously overpriced for a catalogue title

I guarantee that the folks now who say ' it's great for me as a new collector to be able to buy this as I missed it first time' will in a year or two, be the folks complaining about re releases and there being no variety anymore...

Reactions: Andycadle84
I'm not being a negative nancy, it's more about frustration at the lack of originality. I'm starting to see where folks are coming from when they complain about re releases, I couldn't give a monkeys about the 'value' of my collection...to me it's worth what I paid for it, and if I decide to sell something it's worth what someone would pay for it but the whole steelbook game is becoming very stale for me, there was a time not so long ago I was interested in every release, now it's closer to 1 in 10, maybe less due to either already owning it from an earlier (usually better) release, or it being ridiculously overpriced for a catalogue title

I guarantee that the folks now who say ' it's great for me as a new collector to be able to buy this as I missed it first time' will in a year or two, be the folks complaining about re releases and there being no variety anymore...
To be fair, do see a validity in your point- I'm only happy to see this, Avatar and Prometheus re-released as I missed out first time around but in all fairness if I was in your position I'd probably be more than a little irked too...

Reactions: Bobthesub

And also wholeheartedly agree with your point regards to the steelbook situation as a whole- Only started collecting around February this Year (up to nearly 100 now...) but already noticing my purchases severely drying up, be it down to titles that I don't find appealing, or titles that have totally lacklustre artwork going on (Training Day, Lethal Weapon being two recent examples)

In a sense this is a good thing as its allowed my bank balance to grow again but in another sense, I can't remember the last time I brought a steelbook and literally thought 'wow' when I had it in hand (perhaps one or two of the recent Disney Zavvi exclusives; The Rescuers and The Fox and The Hound were both executed perfectly..)

Reactions: Bobthesub
Yeah, there are new members every day that decide to become interested in Steelbooks or any number of limited eds. And studios won't always rush to release new art, if they have others to use. Everyone, including the studios know new folks become interested in Steels every day. For decades the 'hottest' properties have gotten released over and over-it's the lifeblood of the studios. For those that are new, or don't want to pay the prices of previous releases, or just prefer not to import, etc any number of additional releases provide alternatives and more choice. The studio holds the power of what gets released and consumers have always made the choice on whether to buy. There is such a huge breadth of movie enthusiasts out there, that preferences of whether to pick up the most rare, the most easiest to obtain, the cheapest, the newest, etc come into play at different times. Studios will often stick with what has a history of being sold well, and it's happened since the beginning of media. The folks saying "I already have..." (including me-have DE MM) are not really 'new'collectors necessarily, so hopefully hardcore predator fans and those that may be new to Steels have a chance to pick this one up. There are also people that are new to 3D, or have never seen the movie...always all kinds of considerations.