PSP Modding Discussion

so in other words..the wii will finally be used ;)

i really wish the ps3 would get hacked so we could have some dreamcast and xbox goodness

exactly.. I ran into some guys at the store when looking at wii games and they were talking about how close their friend was to hacking the ps3.. and i was like its not worth it. Blu-ray drive $200, Blu-ray discs $20... one bad game = tons of money lost.. now if they got it to fun files off an HDD (old xbox, dreamcast, etc, then it would be worth it.)

exactly.. I ran into some guys at the store when looking at wii games and they were talking about how close their friend was to hacking the ps3.. and i was like its not worth it. Blu-ray drive $200, Blu-ray discs $20... one bad game = tons of money lost.. now if they got it to fun files off an HDD (old xbox, dreamcast, etc, then it would be worth it.)

lmao @ fanboys thinking they can hack the ps3 :p

Dashhacker just posted his newest progress he made over the weekend to keep the community up to date:

o8gmyg.jpg

"As far as an ETA goes... I'm aiming for the end of the week. Fingers crossed, you may have something to play with by Friday. Depending on how the builds go!

COMPLETE:
- PSP homebrew application written to extract Remote Play keys.
- Authentication reverse-engineered and implemented in API.
- Audio and video stream decryption implemented in API.
- Audio decoding (AAC using libfaad2) implemented in API.
- Video decoding (H.264 ES libavcodec) implemented in API.
- Event system implemented, keyboard support working.
- Design simple GUI to manage and launch configuration profiles.

TODO:
- BETA release binary builds for Mac OSX, and Windows.
- Add proper audio+video synchronization (added a quick hack for now).
- Clean-up and document API.
- Release source code."

34gqa7n.jpg

It seems more and more that we may get a real release and not just another of the lame fakes as common. Well, he aims the Beta version at friday so we will see soon. Windows and MacOS users will get a binary, Linux users will have to compile the source code themself. If it works like he claims, then we can use the PS3's remote play function (which is meaned to connect to PSP) with many devices as Iphone's or simple Windows/Mac/Linux computers soon.

src=[ps3-hacks.com]

Well it certainly was no lie, a week ago we told you about a hacker by the name of Dashhacker who had managed to reverse engineer the PS3 remote play feature, today he has released his first beta version of his application. Right now it is for only MAC’s (Intel based), PC version is expected next week. So those who are new to this, what does it do? Basically you can now control your PS3 via laptop, iPhone, pretty much most hand held devices/PDA’s . Currently for this you need a MAC (intel based) computer, and a hacked PSP to export remote play settings.

More information, how-to and everything you need can be grabbed via download below:

Source: haxnetwork.net/2009/05/open-remote-play-v10-beta-mac-released/

can anyone with an intel mac confirm? i've got a g4 mac :(

oh..and holy **** to something from ps3news actually coming true! EEK!

springboard.png

PSPhone Portal Version 0.5 has just been released and is now available. The portal has been developed by Ziygo and has plans on launching a PSPhone interface within the next patch version 1.0.

PSPhone Portal Version 0.5

Release Notes: Some apps will not work, I only released this version tonight because people are getting impatient. I know there are a few bugs, please do NOT contact me about the v0.5 bugs. Version 1.0 beta will fix all the bugs.

Things to come in v1.0 Beta:
- Working PSPhone Store (will include 3 apps on release day)
- Improved interface (less lagg, shorter load)
- Calculator
- Clock App completley working
- iPod App (will play SWF files only)
- Photo Slideshow
- And more!

Main Features

* PSPhone-Store - Download games and apps straight to your PSP. Without a PC.

* Text - Text your friends without your cell phone.
* Calendar - Keep up to date with the basic calendar.
* Photos - View your photos as a slideshow (Will need a computer to setup)
* Camera - Flickr and Photobucket viewer, not an actual camera.
* YouTube - Youtube and Google Video from PSPube.
* Stocks - Check your stocks, updates every few minutes by Yahoo.
* Maps - Full maps of the world, including satellite and map images.
* Weather - Check the weather before even going outside!
* Clock - Basic clock and timers.
* Calculator - Simple calculator with basic functions.
* Notes - Take notes using your PSP
* Phone - Simply type your message and call a friend. WiFi needed.
* Mail - Access your favorite email service.
* Safari Browser Bold- Nice browser for surfing the web on your PSP.
* iPod - Listen to your favorite songs! Compressed SWF's only.

gameofhonors.blogspot.com/2009/05/psphone-portal-now-available.html

I couldn't get the Pandora Battery and the Magic MC to work. I used the tool you told me Cali, and I inserted the Pandora Battery, but the PSP never booted from the MC. I set the tool to program the Magic Memory Card to boot when pressing Left Trigger. That' didn't work. Then I tried by selecting Circle, and that didn't work.