Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Rocketman - 8/10

I really enjoyed it. I'm not a huge Elton John fan and it really shocked me how many just huge tunes he's got. I enjoyed this film a lot more than Bohemian Rhapsody despite being a lot more familiar with Queen. Taron absolutely smashed it, great acting and he nailed the singing too, really impressive.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile (2019)
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png
empty.png

Interesting that this was directed by the same guy who directed the Ted Bundy Tapes documentary, and yet he chose to exaggerate and/or make up certain aspects purely for dramatic effect, which I realise they do a lot with biopics, but still... the true story is already shocking enough! It was definitely an intriguing take on it though, since it just dove straight in to the point where he'd already committed most of the murders and mainly concentrated on the relationship between him and Elizabeth Kloepfer. All the performances were great too, especially Zac Efron and Lily Collins. I'd be interested in seeing a film that told the entire story, right from the beginning... as horrific as his crimes were, something about what drives someone to do them fascinates me.

Many thanks to @Robles for making it possible for me to finally see this film (and many others for the next month). :thumbs: :notworthy:

• Thanks
Reactions: Robles
Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires. 1974

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This was Peter Cushing's last film as Van Helsing. A mixture of martial arts and horror, Van Helsing and his band of Chinese warriors do battle against the 7 Golden Vampires in the Chinese Village of Hsi Ching where he meets his arch nemesis Dracula for the last time. Sadly Christopher Lee refused to star in it which is a pity but understandable as Dracula is pretty much only a cameo in the film. Some great action scenes, loads of blood and gore but nowhere near the top tear of Hammer Dracula so it was time to call it a day. But oh dear the amount of breasts on Display. Hadn't they ever heard of bras?

No worries mate :thumbs:Pleasure.:D

I haven't watched it yet but had heard it was partly the way through and would have been great to start off from the beginning, before hed of committed any.

I'm like you mate, fascinates me to know how their minds can commit such horrendous crimes and still go about their everyday life :OMG:

• Thanks
No worries mate :thumbs:Pleasure.:D

I haven't watched it yet but had heard it was partly the way through and would have been great to start off from the beginning, before hed of committed any.

I'm like you mate, fascinates me to know how their minds can commit such horrendous crimes and still go about their everyday life :OMG:
One other thing that kind of bugged me about it was how they tried to encourage the viewer to root for him, and they did almost actually make me feel sorry for him a few times... reminds of the film Downfall, where you find yourself sympathising with Hitler lol.

One other thing that kind of bugged me about it was how they tried to encourage the viewer to root for him, and they did almost actually make me feel sorry for him a few times... reminds of the film Downfall, where you find yourself sympathising with Hitler lol.
Just gave it a watch earlier. Very good, Efron and Collins were brilliant in it I thought, but do agree that it would have been better to start from the off.

Do agree with you on the point of saying that you nearly started to feel sorry for him, at one point I nearly questioned was he guilty:OMG:.

Very good film and well worth a watch, was a little skeptical originally once id heard that Efron was playing the part, but id safely say he fit the part so well and played it to a tee.

1N-2.png
1N-2.png
1N-2.png
1N-2.png

• Thanks
Just gave it a watch earlier. Very good, Efron and Collins were brilliant in it I thought, but do agree that it would have been better to start from the off.

Do agree with you on the point of saying that you nearly started to feel sorry for him, at one point I nearly questioned was he guilty:OMG:.

Very good film and well worth a watch, was a little skeptical originally once id heard that Efron was playing the part, but id safely say he fit the part so well and played it to a tee.

View attachment 429484View attachment 429485View attachment 429486View attachment 429487
Glad you enjoyed it mate. It's one I definitely plan to rewatch at some point, and I reckon I'd actually enjoy it more a second time around too.

But yeah... pretty amazing how they managed to convince us to question if whether he was actually guilty or not. Efron's amazing portrayal played a big part in that!

• Thanks
Reactions: Robles
Booksmart (2019)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

I was tempted to give this 3 stars, because it tries too hard to be funny a lot of the time IMO, which feels forced and unnatural (apart from Billie Lourd, who is just naturally funny anyway). However, it actually starts to get a little more serious midway through and has some real heart to it, so by the end of the film I found myself really attached to the characters and it weirdly left me feeling kinda nostalgic. Also, I loved how the pool scene was shot... it totally would've worked as a music video.