Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Avengers : the Endgame : 7/10 - maybe I'm having Marvel Fatigue (c) (r) :rofl: but, had to take dogs out to walk in the middle of the film ... kinda full of marvel Heroes. Who was surprised by ending. Me not. Same old same old. Well, missus loved sooooooooo much.

Avengers : the Endgame : 7/10 - maybe I'm having Marvel Fatigue (c) (r) :rofl: but, had to take dogs out to walk in the middle of the film ... kinda full of marvel Heroes. Who was surprised by ending. Me not. Same old same old. Well, missus loved sooooooooo much.

I thought the first 2 hours were really boring & the last hour was pretty great.

Quatermass 11 1957

1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

This is the sequel to the 1955 classic and what an excellent film and the 1st ever film to actually say 11 as a sequel. Mix Carry on regular Sid James, Hammer regular Michael Ripper, Brian Donlevy and the cream of British Character actors and you get this rather brutal and at times gruesome film. Quatermass stumbles across a plot by aliens to conquer earth and it's a race against time to convince people it's happening. Surprisingly excellent special effects and not one dull moment. This was the new shout factory blu-ray I was watching and an excellent pressing it was too.

Towards the end a main character gets machine gunned and you do see bullet holes and blood and him crawling to activate a button before he dies, blood pouring from his mouth. How it got past the censors at the time beats me. It must have been seriously shocking for a 50's audience and even today it's very rough

The Nice Guys
1566035531173.png

One of the worst movies I’ve seen in my life. The one star is for set design.
The main characters choices were so bad, even for a comedy, that I wanted to shoot them both myself.

Battle Royale (2000)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

It's been a good number of years since I last saw this and figured my prize from @Robles (see below :thumbs:) was the perfect excuse to finally give it a rewatch. Still just as great and gory as I remember!

Reactions: vexred and Robles
X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2019)
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png
empty.png

PROS: epic score, great special effects, cool action scenes (train scene especially), strong performances, was really entertaining when it tried.

CONS: cringey dialogue, cheesy ending, not enough Quicksilver, Charles was really irritating, weak/boring main villain, tone was too serious (no humour).

SUMMARY: Definitely not as bad as I'd heard, and not even close to being the weakest X-Men movie. However, it did obviously have its issues... mainly with the plot and how it all just felt a bit pointless. Overall, the FoX-Men deserved a better send-off, but I really enjoyed their journey over the past 19 years and am extremely sad to see them go. :(

Hellboy (2019)
1567943491912.png
1567943503575.png
1567943532839.png

Toying with giving this 3 Ninja's, though I've gone for 2 1/2 from the heart: it's a throw all your toys in kind of world building movie if you only have one shot rather than solid character driven plot; Baba Yaga was why'd you want to watch this :thumbs:

To a Devil A Daughter 1976

1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

While i consider myself a Hammer fan, it shames me to say this second last Hammer film is one I'd never seen and when in watching it with very low expectations as I'd heard so many poor reviews of it. Really enjoyed it and was better than I expected.
This was the German mediabook I purchased and like all the Anolis Hammer pressings to date an excellent pressing. It was clear it was a new master.