Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
My viewing for August.

Gone with the Wind December 15th 1939 blu-ray 5+
Split Second 1st May 1992 blu-ray 3.5
The Core 25th March 2003 blu-ray 5
2012 13th November 2009 blu-ray 4
Farewell my Lovely 8th August 1975 blu-ray 5
The Big Sleep 13th March 1978 blu-ray 5
The Way to the Stars 8th June 1945 blu-ray 3
The 5th Wave 22nd January 2016 4k blu-ray 3.5
Wonder Woman 15th May 2017 4k blu-ray 5
Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure 25th August 1989 4k blu-ray 4
The House of Wax 3D 10th April 1953 blu-ray 4
Anaconda 11th April 1997 blu-ray 3.5
Anacondas: The Hunt for Blood Orchid 12th November 2004 blu-ray 4
Anaconda 3: Offspring: 26th July 2008 blu-ray 3
Anaconda 4: Trail of Blood  28th February 2009 blu-ray 3
The Big Boss 23rd October 1971 blu-ray 3
Fist of Fury 20th July 1973 blu-ray 4
The Way of the Dragon 30th December 1972 blu-ray 3.5
Enter the Dragon 26th July 1973 blu-ray 5+
Big Trouble in Little China: July 2nd 1986 blu-ray 2.5
Flight of the Phoenix 15th December 1965 blu-ray 4.5
Hard Target! 20th August 1993 blu-ray 4.5
The Good the Bad and the Ugly 23rd December 1966 5+
The Fifth Element 6th June 1997 4K Ultra blu-ray 5
The Duel at Silver Creek August 1st 1972 blu-ray 3.5
Ride a Crooked Trail 23rd November 1958 blu-ray 4
No Name on the Bullet February 8th 1959 blu-ray 4
Tower of London 17th November 1939 blu-ray 4
Man Made Monster 28th March 1941 blu-ray 3
The Black Cat 2nd May 1941 blu-ray 4
Horror Island 28th March 1941 blu-ray 4
Lone Wolf McQuade 15th April 1983 blu-ray 4
The 7th Voyage of Sinbad 5th December 1958 blu-ray 4
The Golden Voyage of Sinbad 20th December 1973 blu-ray 4
Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger 15th July 1977 blu-ray 3.5

Reactions: davhyl
The Hunt (2020)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

Heard this was very average, so held off on it... well, I thought it was great!
Every time I recognised an actor I'd think to myself "ooh I like them!", 5 mins later they'd get smoked :LOL:. Had the right amount of action and humour and kept me gripped throughout. That end scene was probably one of the best female on female fights I've seen since Kill Bill.

Reactions: Funashi
I'd say that probably has a lot to do with why you have no love for it. I was 6 or 7 and Robin Williams pretending to be a granny was really funny, goats eating a birthday cake was hilarious. Jumanji, Hook, Aladdin etc, he was just a big part of my childhood. Maybe it's a blind spot because of this idk.

I loved Aladdin, Jumanji when they came out, still do so it's not an age thing...... The whole premise of Mrs Doubtfire fails to engage me. To be fair for me it's just an update of Some Like it Hot and I can't stand that film either!

Reactions: vexred
Mulan 2020

full.png
full.png
empty.png
empty.png
empty.png

So much potential with this movie. Great cast, high budget, looks great too. However, the story is way too linear and it lacks any soul or emotion. The interaction between all characters just seems so minimal, which I find it hard to believe how they managed that in a 2 hour film. There's no character development which makes you care for any of the characters. Only slight emotion I felt was to Tzi Ma (Mulan's father) and that's only because I absolutely love the guy. So, at any point in the movie where it reaches a point that requires emotion, it just falls flat and you just feel "hmm, ok then" sort of thing. Even if you aren't going to build any character depth with the other characters, at least build it a bit for Mulan. This is were Mushu would have been ideal.

Honestly, my missus was absolutely fuming with disappointment after watching it as the animated Mulan is in her top 3 of all time.

A few things that really annoyed me (there's so many others, but these are annoying me right now just thinking of them... I don't want to make it into a rant)
- When Mulan rides the horse around the army onto the hilltop.
- what? none of the enemy see her?
- it takes her little to no time to do it and the enemy should have wiped out most of the sitting ducks in that time.
- not one of the soldiers thought, what made the enemy to turn around and fire at the hilltop, causing the avalanche?
- When Mulan comes back to the army after being dismissed
- not one of them said where did you get this information?
- all the soldiers took the side of Mulan, even though she'd been cast out. So what if she's the best warrior, she's lied her way through everything and refused to help Honghui at any point

Perfect Blue
4/5

Every time I watch this movie, I'm like "What the *** did I just watch? :dizzy::wow::wow::wow: :dizzy: "
I think this movie is like a drug for Darren Aronofsky.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles
The Hunt (2020)
View attachment 483948View attachment 483948View attachment 483948View attachment 483948View attachment 483947

Heard this was very average, so held off on it... well, I thought it was great!
Every time I recognised an actor I'd think to myself "ooh I like them!", 5 mins later they'd get smoked :LOL:. Had the right amount of action and humour and kept me gripped throughout. That end scene was probably one of the best female on female fights I've seen since Kill Bill.
Yeah, it turned out better than I expected. A nice thriller with action, humor and plot twist.
It's like a Tarantino version of Battle Royale. :D

Reactions: Noodles
Midsommar A24 4K directors cut
4.7/5
This looks and sounds amazing. My 3rd watch of the film. It just improves. You can lose yourself in this. Amazing film.

Midsommar A24 4K directors cut
4.7/5
This looks and sounds amazing. My 3rd watch of the film. It just improves. You can lose yourself in this. Amazing film.
I've only seen this once in the cinema and I thought it was awesome, then digesting it afterwards, I thought it was even better. Definitely need to give the Director's Cut a watch once I get the disc.

Side note: I also remember the couple in front of me leaving after the movie and the girl saying it was by far the worst film she's ever seen and him kind of agreeing. It does split people, but I kind of knew what I was getting into since I'd seen Hereditary.

Reactions: jasong