Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Did you just recently watch or re-watch those 3 films? Or are you just now rating films that you watched years ago is what I was trying to ask in a semi-joking way.
I understood what you meant, but confused as to why you assume that...?

I was mostly kidding but I was curious being that they are all from long ago.
Lol fair enough. Just in the mood for some "older" films I guess, especially since most of the recently released stuff I've wasted my time on lately has been average at best.

Reactions: Stygian
NO TIME TO DIE

Finally got the chance to catch Daniel Craig's last turn as Bond; James Bond. When I saw it came in at a whopping 2 hrs and 43 minutes I thought I was in it for some kind of long haul, but this movie seemed to fly by in no time. I had to pause it at one point to go outside and feed the deer and was shocked that 2 hours had already passed. Sometimes long movies can wear on me, but I thoroughly enjoyed this. Indeed...it blew me away! A most worthy addition to the Bond cannon and I can't justify not giving it .......

5 ninjas.jpg

A night to Remember 3 July 1958

5 stars

Easily the best disaster movie ever made . The combination
of the semi-documentary style and the unfolding crisis makes
it a powerful watch. Some seriously powerful moments. You'd
have to have a heart of stone not to be moved when the lone voice
sings "Nearer to my God to the" when the ship is going down.
Genuinely heart wrecking and a testament to Roy Ward Bakers
sympathetic yet powerful direction.

The Day the Earth Caught Fire 23 November 1961

5 stars

Another powerful Disaster movie that focus the people in a newspaper
when it's found the earth's orbit has shifted due to atomic testing.
You feel like you are watching real people in a real crisis. Like a Night to
Remember the effects are secondary to the characters and all the better for it.
And see if you spot Michael Caine's first ever film appearance..

Moonfall 3 February 2022

1 star

An epic fail in every area. Over the top ridiculous special effects where logic
gets us into Lost in Space territory, dire script but the worst part of the film?
The dire casting. Every role miscast. None of them works. I assume Halle Berry
did the film because she loved picking up her razzle award so much she wants
to add another one to her collection. Only watch this film if you are stoned out of
your skull or on crack cocaine. It's the only way to survive it.... I was sober and boy
did I suffer....

Reactions: Space Cadet
Robocop (1987) - Directors Cut
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

Just got back from the cinema and have to give 5 stars for satire and nostalgia - 6000 SUX :thumbs:

A night to Remember 3 July 1958

5 stars

Easily the best disaster movie ever made . The combination
of the semi-documentary style and the unfolding crisis makes
it a powerful watch. Some seriously powerful moments. You'd
have to have a heart of stone not to be moved when the lone voice
sings "Nearer to my God to the" when the ship is going down.
Genuinely heart wrecking and a testament to Roy Ward Bakers
sympathetic yet powerful direction.

The Day the Earth Caught Fire 23 November 1961

5 stars

Another powerful Disaster movie that focus the people in a newspaper
when it's found the earth's orbit has shifted due to atomic testing.
You feel like you are watching real people in a real crisis. Like a Night to
Remember the effects are secondary to the characters and all the better for it.
And see if you spot Michael Caine's first ever film appearance..

Moonfall 3 February 2022

1 star

An epic fail in every area. Over the top ridiculous special effects where logic
gets us into Lost in Space territory, dire script but the worst part of the film?
The dire casting. Every role miscast. None of them works. I assume Halle Berry
did the film because she loved picking up her razzle award so much she wants
to add another one to her collection. Only watch this film if you are stoned out of
your skull or on crack cocaine. It's the only way to survive it.... I was sober and boy
did I suffer....
Hmm - very old disaster movies vs new one, Maybe you like the older ones the most, because you have seen them a couple of times and now the restored version dunno. Can´t believee Moonfall is so bad and keep in mind, that this is no Disaster movie in a typical way. The moon falls on the earth haha - it has some funny context from the beginning, while TDTECF is very strict and takes a very critical view on the atomic age and is more a social drama and has this quiet filming style. I watched it recently and was surprised, how detailed the story was told and the suspense is rising - was good and the documentaries are great (did you watch them?). Will watch Moonfall then to see if it´s that bad. I hope not.

Hmm - very old disaster movies vs new one, Maybe you like the older ones the most, because you have seen them a couple of times and now the restored version dunno. Can´t believee Moonfall is so bad and keep in mind, that this is no Disaster movie in a typical way. The moon falls on the earth haha - it has some funny context from the beginning, while TDTECF is very strict and takes a very critical view on the atomic age and is more a social drama and has this quiet filming style. I watched it recently and was surprised, how detailed the story was told and the suspense is rising - was good and the documentaries are great (did you watch them?). Will watch Moonfall then to see if it´s that bad. I hope not.
A Night to Remember rises above (no pun intended ) the basis of a disaster Movie. It captures the horror of what happened a century ago and in the process gives the viewer if they are paying attention a window into a different era. That's why the film holds up so well today. I know young kids if you say 50's and black and white they'll hold up a cross at you and go "Back Satan" but they will watch A Night to Remember no problems such is the power of the film. Yep Moonfall really is that bad. I could actually write a book on how bad it is and I usually love disaster flicks.

A Night to Remember rises above (no pun intended ) the basis of a disaster Movie. It captures the horror of what happened a century ago and in the process gives the viewer if they are paying attention a window into a different era. That's why the film holds up so well today. I know young kids if you say 50's and black and white they'll hold up a cross at you and go "Back Satan" but they will watch A Night to Remember no problems such is the power of the film. Yep Moonfall really is that bad. I could actually write a book on how bad it is and I usually love disaster flicks.
Come on - I watched it now and cannot see an "epic fail". The movie invents something new like an earth/space-disaster and has some really good visual effects. The story is very spaced out or so, but Emmerich has taken the mystery around the existence of the moon and created a complex story to it and also brings up some critical views on the KI-rising humanity nowadays. Especially the part with the "outberaking" KI wasn´t bad and he added some horror-elements, that underline the general dark touch of the movie. For those who didn´t know:
The mystery about the story of the moon has evolved, because there were never taken samples of the rooks and minerals, that are on the back "dark" side of the moon, which would have cleared it up and we would know 100%, that it was a former part of the earth itself gotten loose. China has recently started a new project for that, but they don´t share their discoveries with the rest and it stays unclear, why the moon is there.

Last edited:
Come on - I watched it now and cannot see an "epic fail". The movie invents something new like an earth/space-disaster and has some really good visual effects. The story is very spaced out or so, but Emmerich has taken the mystery around the existence of the moon and created a complex story to it and also brings up some critical views on the KI-rising humanity nowadays. Especially the part with the "outberaking" KI wasn´t bad and he added some horror-elements, that underline the general dark touch of the movie. For those who didn´t know:
The mystery about the story of the moon has evolved, because there were never taken samples of the rooks and minerals, that are on the back "dark" side of the moon, which would have cleared it up and we would know 100%, that it was a former part of the earth itself gotten loose. China has recently started a new project for that, but they don´t share their discoveries with the rest and it stays unclear, why the moon is there.
We will have to agree to disagree