Region Free Trick to Make Some/All Panasonic BD Players Region Free for BD's

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hey guys-this is confirmed to work on several Panasonic Blu-Ray players (you need to try your model). It makes the player region free for BD playback.

Thanks Jung @ TBS-

All you need to do is load up the disc. When the message pops up that says the disc will only play in a Region B or C player pops up, press "stop" on the remote control. Then press "1" on the remote, followed by "enter." This will bypass the message and load up the disc to play normally.

Hey guys-this is confirmed to work on several Panasonic Blu-Ray players (you need to try your model). It makes the player region free for BD playback.

Thanks Jung @ TBS-

All you need to do is load up the disc. When the message pops up that says the disc will only play in a Region B or C player pops up, press "stop" on the remote control. Then press "1" on the remote, followed by "enter." This will bypass the message and load up the disc to play normally.
You're a killer mate!!
"Stop / 1 / OK"
It works perfectly!!!!
Thank you so much, I just saved 200 Euros thanks to you
:notworthy:

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Congrasts @Kuzco :thumbs::thumbs: I freaking love those tricks!

@severo helped me with something similar last year. He recommended me to buy a certain Toshiba BD Player where you install the Australian Firmware that makes the player region-free.
You can switch in the setup menu between Region A/C or B. I've spend 30 EUR on the player and it works perfectly fine till today. This was my start with Criterion.
Thanks again @severo :notworthy: Best spend 30 EUR ever :drool:

• Thanks
Reactions: Wreck and severo
I just got my Panasonic DMP-BDT210 to play a region B/2 disk by doing the following on the remote. I hit play. It said I could not play because of region restrictions. I hit quickly Stop >> 1 >> OK. Then, I hit the "POP-UP MENU" key twice. On the second hit, the DVD played. My daughter was very excited.

Does anyone have any tips on how to play a region locked movie on a playstation 4?

Last edited:
Thanks for alerting me to this thread @C.C. 95. :thumbs:

I decided to avoid going region free for a number of reasons (mostly because I'll be too tempted to start buying Criterions, and the last thing I need is more things to spend money on lol), but if I come across a cheap as chips Panasonic player, then I know I won't be able to resist! :ohno:

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Got some cash to spare so I've finally decided to get a standalone Blu-ray player (I usually use my PS4). I'm looking for the cheapest option, which currently seems to be the Panasonic DMP-BD84EB-K at £54 on Amazon -- obviously feel free to let me know if you're aware of anything cheaper. Anyone know if this trick works on that particular player?

Got some cash to spare so I've finally decided to get a standalone Blu-ray player (I usually use my PS4). I'm looking for the cheapest option, which currently seems to be the Panasonic DMP-BD84EB-K at £54 on Amazon -- obviously feel free to let me know if you're aware of anything cheaper. Anyone know if this trick works on that particular player?
I dunno if the option is cheaper (with shipping to UK). But have a look. They have RF players already setup for 220V Europe.
http://www.220-electronics.com/region-free-blu-ray-players.html

Reactions: Noodles
Anyone have any idea how to lay hands on the ‘enhanced’ firmware to get the Pamasonic BDT180EB multi region and code free?

My Australian bought Panasonic BD84 won't play any other region except for Australian region 4 dad's I've tried the hack mentioned above and yes pressed the ok button for enter but nothing happens. Does anyone have an updated unlock code for my player please?
Kay