YesAsia - release date of January 4th, 2013

Release date: 21st december 2012
Price: NT$1,280 ($43 usd, £27)

RE5.jpg

my first steelbook post, hope i've done it right

Actual pics thanks to domalarite:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow what an awesome slip.

I'd been holding off on ordering this one from JSDVD until I knew what the slip looked like and then as soon as pics appear...BAM, it's gone, lol.

Nabbed it from YesAsia. With the free shipping it's actually a bit cheaper than the JSDVD/EMS option I normally use.

I wonder how sought after this will be down the line. The Taiwanese Underworld Awakening has an equally nice slip but has never really gained that much in value. Maybe the movies aren't liked well enough to make the Asian editions grail items?

Nabbed it from YesAsia. With the free shipping it's actually a bit cheaper than the JSDVD/EMS option I normally use.

I wonder how sought after this will be down the line. The Taiwanese Underworld Awakening has an equally nice slip but has never really gained that much in value. Maybe the movies aren't liked well enough to make the Asian editions grail items?

Nah, YesAsia are always more expensive and take ages to deliver!

Reactions: Konflick
JSDVD definitely get things to you faster, which is why I generally prefer them as a first option, but when that's not possible then YesAsia are a good backup. In case of problems I find their customer service to be better than JSDVD's too (they have good English speakers on staff). I don't know what shipping options you guys choose, but I would normally ship EMS from JSDVD, so using the slower free delivery option from YA will work out cheaper on this occasion. If you normally ship non-EMS from JSDVD, then yes, they would be cheaper still.

JSDVD definitely get things to you faster, which is why I generally prefer them as a first option, but when that's not possible then YesAsia are a good backup. In case of problems I find their customer service to be better than JSDVD's too (they have good English speakers on staff). I don't know what shipping options you guys choose, but I would normally ship EMS from JSDVD, so using the slower free delivery option from YA will work out cheaper on this occasion. If you normally ship non-EMS from JSDVD, then yes, they would be cheaper still.

My first parcel to them and i used ems shipping and it takes 4 days taiwan to london:D

The good thing about EMS - other than speed - is that the package is tracked through every stage of its journey, so if anything goes wrong you have a good chance of finding it.

After having that happen to me a while ago, I was very glad I used it, and now I won't ship any other way. Some of these Asian steels are too rare to lose! :ohno:

Reactions: domalorite
Yesasia.com has been good to me as far as free shipping goes. Even though it takes 2-3 weeks to get delivered it saves me $11+ on shipping charges. Also they've done everything I've requested how it would be shipped. JSDVD on the otherhand I use EMS....never ordered without it.

EMS all the way. The best shipping option.

The good thing about EMS - other than speed - is that the package is tracked through every stage of its journey, so if anything goes wrong you have a good chance of finding it.

After having that happen to me a while ago, I was very glad I used it, and now I won't ship any other way. Some of these Asian steels are too rare to lose! :ohno: