Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread

Flash

Premium Supporter
Jan 17, 2014
I couldn't find another thread about this (if there is please merge) or maybe there just isn't many rugby fans here but I thought I would open one anyway incase there are and anyone wants to discuss it here.

I don't know if anyone saw the Japan vs South Africa game last night but it was incredibly moment of history. I have watched rugby for many many years and it was one of those game, absolutely unbelievable, it was the best result for an underdog in a long time. Japan played so well, good tries and to go for the win after 80mins against South Africa and get it, what a victory, honestly wonderful scenes after the final whistle. I thought SA would win by like 40 points or something.

I didn't see the Samoa game this morning but just watching Wales see how they do, not the best start giving away a penalty to Uraquay within two minutes but we shall see.

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Wonderful win by Scotland today,
I am so proud of the boys #bonuspoint :)

image.jpg

Great thread @Flash:thumbs:, love rugby, both union and league...although I'm English, I want all the home nation's to do well, I used to live in Bath and used to watch all their home games at the rec....as for Scotland, I think they have always had a lot of top players and it's nice to see Cotter's got them firing....

Reactions: Flash
Great thread @Flash:thumbs:, love rugby, both union and league...although I'm English, I want all the home nation's to do well, I used to live in Bath and used to watch all their home games at the rec....as for Scotland, I think they have always had a lot of top players and it's nice to see Cotter's got them firing....

Hey, yes I am the same, I'm scottish but want everyone to do well, been cheering on England, Wales and Ireland as well

Also love an underdog and was cheering nimbia on there, great they got a try against the all blacks, bless them :)

Who you think is going to win whole thing? Probably inevitably the all blacks.

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Hey, yes I am the same, I'm scottish but want everyone to do well, been cheering on England, Wales and Ireland as well

Also love an underdog and was cheering nimbia on there, great they got a try against the all blacks, bless them :)

Who you think is going to win whole thing? Probably inevitably the all blacks.
I think there are a few teams who will have a good go at New Zealand, It's a shame South Africa had so many problems in preparation, and what happened to them against Japan wouldn't ever happen again...As for a winner France, Ireland or Australia, there you go, no sitting on the fence from me....

Some great games tomoz, I think England vs Wales is going to be close game
Such a shame Wales had so many injuries, I'd loved to have seen Wales strongest 15 at the world cup, Leigh Halfpenny, Rhys Webb and Jonathan Davies are truly world class players, gutted when they were ruled out, as for England I don't like Stuart Lancaster, far to safe and pragmatic for my liking...South Africa Vs Samoa, that's going to be a naughty one for me, anyway who's your money on?

Such a shame Wales had so many injuries, I'd loved to have seen Wales strongest 15 at the world cup, Leigh Halfpenny, Rhys Webb and Jonathan Davies are truly world class players, gutted when they were ruled out, as for England I don't like Stuart Lancaster, far to safe and pragmatic for my liking...South Africa Vs Samoa, that's going to be a naughty one for me, anyway who's your money on?

At full strength I think Wales would have edged it, as it is I think England will win.

If I am to pick who I'd prefer to win out of the two it's England

Pretty sad up here in 02 shops they didn't get sent any of the rose badges :(

I love the Lucozade adverts for the rugby I love the one with the Robshaw masks lol

As I said I want all the home nations to do well but if I am to pick here I want England to win

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
So tense at the end of the England vs Wales game... I can't believe we lost. I was speechless for five minutes

Me 2 absolutely raging, typical Wales getting a bunch of penalties for **** all.

That shocking tackle first half should have been yellow, could break someone's neck doing that and they say it's fine??

I can't believe, rubbish :(

England's fault . Should have kicked at goal . Too meny penalties given away . From the start England had no chance .

Leaving out Banahann , Cipriani , Care , Wade , Joseph . Playing crash bang whollop Rugby the world has moved on England are playing in the past .

Both Youngs are poop 1 carn't throw stright in a line out the other is to slow .

I had high hopes England where outplayed by the Welsh side . This is before we even think about geting out of the group . Against New Zealand , South Africa playing Leicester Tigers Rugby they will pass the ball and take hits all day long .

Head gards should be mandatory to guard against head injuries .

not much of a rugby fan but watched some of that game
wow them guys are some strong fellas , make our football players look like wimps

Well Said Sweetheart . Another thing I LOVE refaree's word is LAW a bit like Dredd only the ref wont iso cube or exicute a player .

When in football players crowd and berate a refaree it makes me fear for the poor guys life sometimes thire like a pack of wild animals cornering a Rabbit.

Glad you Aprove @whysoserious? .

Reactions: whysoserious?
Well Said Sweetheart . Another thing I LOVE refaree's word is LAW a bit like Dredd only the ref wont iso cube or exicute a player .

When in football players crowd and berate a refaree it makes me fear for the poor guys life sometimes thire like a pack of wild animals cornering a Rabbit.

Glad you Aprove @whysoserious? .

thanks for aproving my aprove ann:rofl:
u da best

Reactions: Scary Hair