Rumor: Zune HD to lay the smack down.

Apr 2, 2009
http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=4120

From our limited information, it seems the ZuneHD will feature a lot of what Windows Mobile owners have long been waiting for.

The ZuneHD will have a capacitive, multi-touch OLED screen with a 16:9 aspect ratio and TV out, from what looks to be a HDMI port on the side. The radio will now be HD and the device will support HD media playback, which will be available from the updated Zune Marketplace.

The ZuneHD will also support 3D Xbox games, but it is unclear what form this will take.

The device will come in 16 and 32 GB versions, and will support wireless sync. It will also finally come with a browser that supports multi-touch.

The device is set to launch in Fall, around September, and will also finally be available outside US, in Canada, UK and France, and possibly other European countries.

It remains likely this device will serve as a showcase for Windows Mobile 7 when it is released, and Microsoft is expected to spend a considerable amount marketing the device and service.

Edit: Something more for our readers to chew on. While we do not have confirmation of this, many bloggers are claiming the device will be nVidia Tegra powered.

ill sell my touch in a heartbeat

Sounds cool :) We'll see if it does everything they say it will

something tells me this is the closest microsoft gets to its own cell phone. and with the talk of wanting to show off windows mobile 7 in the upcoming zune, it all looks likely.

I hope the implementation is smooth, when I had my WinMo phone that was my only complain none of the MS software was implemented correctly in the OS everything took so long to load and was bad. I think that's were Apple has been on top, their ability to implement their phone and player together and make it run smooth as butter! That's what I want MS to do if they get that done I'll be back!! :)

i hope so too. but if the snapdragon + wm6.5 is any indication, i don't think we'll have to worry about it being so clunkly for 7 :D

true, I hope you are right man lol I want a WinMo phone again I just want them to fix all the issues they've been dragging for the past 5 years.

i hope i'm right too..i'm so tired of 6.1 haha. i'd switch but i feel like the other os' don't come close in the hardward department.

Over the last week there has been a ton of buzz around Microsoft's upcoming device update which we have confirmed will be labeled as the Zune HD. We've teamed up with Ryan Rea (aka volvoshine) from LiveSide.net and are going to let the world know what we do and do not know about the Zune HD. We've got the green light to go ahead and share the specs that our sources within Microsoft have confirmed to us.

An overview of the Zune HD specs:

* 3.6 inchish OLED full touch screen
* NVIDIA Tegra powered.
* 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, and 120GB versions.
* HDMI Connection to stream straight to your TV.
* HD Radio.
* Web Browser.
* WiFi compatible, with wireless marketplace.
* Released, early fall.
* International release of the Zune device itself.
* Home AV packs, Car packs, Charge packs.

Unconfirmed rumors (A Microsoft spokesperson declined to comment or confirm):

* Camera?
* Company insiders tipped us off with the possibility of a limited edition dock accessory in various colors.
* 3D Xbox Game Support?
* Windows Mobile 7 preview bits included? (Maybe these reports mean an early WinMo 7 beta?)

There has been a tremendous amount of buzz created throughout the past week regarding the Zune HD, with a ton of speculation regarding the device. We were asked by some members of the Zune team to remember, the device is still months away. The specs, UI, and the device form factor itself can change before the launch later this year. We're excited, just as many of our international viewers are excited.

The entire Zune platform is being completely overhauled, just as Steve Ballmer mentioned back at CES earlier this year. You've got the software division and the hardware division. There have been reports and speculation that this could possibly be the last Zune release, however I'm very confident that Microsoft is going to be competitive this time around with the Zune.

As we reported earlier this year, the Zune is here to stay. As soon as more information is available regarding the Zune HD, we'll pass it on. Remember, take the speculation and rumors with a grain of salt before getting too excited. Keep your eyes open on May 14, your Zune software might just be updating.

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/04/15/exclusive-lets-talk-some-zune-hd-specs

:scat::scat:

LOL
I hope they do. I don't like the way the Zune works for buying music. And between the two out now, the only thing I like more on the Zune is the radio feature. I was thinking about buying one a few months ago. Good thing I decided to hold back :)

Sounds too fanyboyish to me, those HDD's are WAY too small for HD... A digital copy now is 1gb, a HD version will be 4x that... That and OLED is HELLA expensive right now..

Sounds too fanyboyish to me, those HDD's are WAY too small for HD... A digital copy now is 1gb, a HD version will be 4x that... That and OLED is HELLA expensive right now..

most of the spec's are already confirmed. and if you know where to look 720p blu-ray rips are 4gb ;) so its not all bad

but don't be surprised when the new psp, ipod touch and zune are all OLED

most of the spec's are already confirmed. and if you know where to look 720p blu-ray rips are 4gb ;) so its not all bad

but don't be surprised when the new psp, ipod touch and zune are all OLED

well 1x4 = 4gb... lol.. and i wouldn't be suprised either, but it would be next year not this year for OLED...