Scarface (Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

justintime2k

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 30, 2010
Shoreham By Sea, UK
Scarface Blu-ray SteelBook - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0019N94X6/?tag=hidefnin-20

EDIT - apsmith:
Source article:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/from-universal-studios-home-entertainment-the-pop-culture-phenomenon-that-redefined-the-gangster-genre-comes-to-blu-ray-for-the-first-time-ever-september-6-2011-118568804.html

Release date of September 6, 2011.

From official Press release:
Scarface Special Limited Edition Blu-ray™ comes with collectible SteelBook™ packaging, ten exclusive art cards, a digital copy of the film and a DVD of the original 1932 Scarface, making it a must-own addition to every film fan's library.
Blu-ray Disc
Two-disc set (1 BD, 1 DVD)
Digital copy
Bonus View (PiP)
BD-Live
Mobile features

Official Hi-Def Ninja Video:

[media=youtube]2iTGWtwpu18[/media]&feature=g-user

It looks like there will also be a "humidor" special edition with the steelbook:

And, for the ultimate collector and cigar enthusiast, an elegantly hand-crafted Scarface-themed humidor will be made available in an exclusive, never-before-available, limited edition. Created by the renowned Daniel Marshall, the humidor's exterior is hand painted and polished with the Marshall's trademark "1,000 coat brilliant finish." The interior – made with untreated Spanish cedar – will properly condition and age approximately 100 cigars at optimal humidity levels. Limited to 1,000 worldwide, each individually numbered humidor comes embellished with custom medallions inspired by the iconic film and includes a certificate of authenticity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well,that saves me for getting the one from the UK...

Now...who's going to carry this one... :ohno:

EDIT: Updated OP with additional details from press release.

Last edited:
$1,000 for the humidor ... if it actually contains the steelbook ... hahaha well then there is the most expensive edition. If you dont smoke cigars, you have no business in buying haha.

so there will be worldwide a box (limited 1000), that holds 100 cigarres right??!

Is the UK getting the same??

71gzlViaUGL._AA1277_.jpg

so there will be worldwide a box (limited 1000), that holds 100 cigarres right??!

Is the UK getting the same??

71gzlViaUGL._AA1277_.jpg

You are correct about the statement tho this pic is not that. Its just the limited edition.

What's your guess for who will get it? I think FYE or amazon.

After reading the article again, I think this might be our first retailer wide steelbook.

Meaning all retailers would carry it, just as a normal release - Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon, etc...

I'm not ruling out an exclusive with a particular retailer, I'm just throwing it out there. :cool: