Czech Republic
Release date: May 15th, 2015
Price: 539 CZK
Purchase links: 1/4slip Film Arena

Mini GB: carllenc

received_1044403815576172.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh No snifff snifff wanted this so bad from FA :arghh:

...why would Universal not want to include the 3D Disk in the Czeck Version ???

I was buying this movie only because FA was doing a numbered edition of it with the FullSlip Package...

That is indeed strange. Oh well...maybe 'SOON TO BE REVEALED' will be an even better flick!:D

This release has been replaced by one for "Elektra". Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I'm sure that some here probably welcome the change. I don't!

I wasn't particularly impressed with "Seventh Son" when I saw it at the cinema recently and thought it rather lacklustre, but I joined the GB from @carllenc because I anticipated a nice 'bells and whistles' numbered special edition, in line with other releases in the Film Arena Collection.

Universal's decision not to include the 3D disc in this edition is probably motivated by profit but has cost them at least one sale, since now I won't even bother with any edition of this title.

As for the replacement, "Elektra", there's absolutely no way I would even consider adding it to my collection, no matter how wonderful the accoutrements that Film Arena will undoubtedly provide for it.

As far as that title is concerned, Film Arena and I will be parting ways. Hopefully, only temporarily, until they get back on track.

100% in agreement with you Augustus. I will wait to see if the TW release ends up with the 3D and order then but not having my money tied up like JSDVD did with the planned Noah 3D steel. Just want to shout out to @carllenc for the work he has put in so far for the GB.

Reactions: augustus
100% in agreement with you Augustus. I will wait to see if the TW release ends up with the 3D and order then but not having my money tied up like JSDVD did with the planned Noah 3D steel. Just want to shout out to @carllenc for the work he has put in so far for the GB.

It's obviously greed on the part of Universal, expecting those who want both the Steelbook and the 3D disc to double dip to get both.

Unfortunately, their marketing department clearly knows that for Steelbook collectors, it's the Steelbook itself that is the collectable item, with or without the 3D disc, and that those also wanting the 3D disc will, albeit grudgingly, double dip to get it.

Universal have used the same ploy with their forthcoming Steelbook release of "Jurassic Park", which also excludes the 3D disc, with even less excuse since it's a catalogue title.

The Taiwan Steelbook release of "Seventh Son", although not released by Universal, is undoubtedly licensed from them. It will be interesting, therefore, to see whether that release goes forward as a 2D/3D combo.

This release has been replaced by one for "Elektra". Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I'm sure that some here probably welcome the change. I don't!

I wasn't particularly impressed with "Seventh Son" when I saw it at the cinema recently and thought it rather lacklustre, but I joined the GB from @carllenc because I anticipated a nice 'bells and whistles' numbered special edition, in line with other releases in the Film Arena Collection.

Universal's decision not to include the 3D disc in this edition is probably motivated by profit but has cost them at least one sale, since now I won't even bother with any edition of this title.

As for the replacement, "Elektra", there's absolutely no way I would even consider adding it to my collection, no matter how wonderful the accoutrements that Film Arena will undoubtedly provide for it.

As far as that title is concerned, Film Arena and I will be parting ways. Hopefully, only temporarily, until they get back on track.
Elektra Assassin is my favorite comic of all time. The movie Electra has as much to do with the character of Elektra as The Lego Movie does. The movie was a huge steaming pile. Period. Even if I divorce myself from the fact that they're butchering the character Elektra...As a movie – it's still a huge steaming pile.
They could drape this in velvet and diamonds- I still wouldn't touch it.
pile_of_poo_lg_nwm.gif

It's obviously greed on the part of Universal, expecting those who want both the Steelbook and the 3D disc to double dip to get both.

Unfortunately, their marketing department clearly knows that for Steelbook collectors, it's the Steelbook itself that is the collectable item, with or without the 3D disc, and that those also wanting the 3D disc will, albeit grudgingly, double dip to get it.

Universal have used the same ploy with their forthcoming Steelbook release of "Jurassic Park", which also excludes the 3D disc, with even less excuse since it's a catalogue title.

The Taiwan Steelbook release of "Seventh Son", although not released by Universal, is undoubtedly licensed from them. It will be interesting, therefore, to see whether that release goes forward as a 2D/3D combo.
That, if true, was a bad move on their part. I was never that comitted to 7thS in the first place. I was going to get it because of FilmArena's packaging, and hoping that it was going to be a decent movie.
Now, I am fully out. I will buy NO versions of this movie...

That, if true, was a bad move on their part. I was never that comitted to 7thS in the first place. I was going to get it because of FilmArena's packaging, and hoping that it was going to be a decent movie.
Now, I am fully out. I will buy NO versions of this movie...

I have no idea why and I don't care about the reason they did not allow film arena to sell the steel with both disks in (2D+3D) and to make it an exclusive package from the Film Arena Collection. Taiwan still has the 2D+3D disks in the release but since it is a Universal release Taiwan Version of Seventh Son will not have the Custom 1/4 slip which we have come to adore but Universal in Taiwan is Always a regular Paper J-Card, which I stopped buying Universal releases out of Taiwan as they are distributed by Waylen and for me just a paper j-card is Not the feel of a Taiwan release. I realized this with 47 Ronin, and ever since I never buy anything from Universal from Taiwan.

Furthermore, if they did this to sell more copies of the Taiwan version I feel robbed of a film arena numbered edition Package that I was very looking forward to even though the movie was simply ''OK''...

Reactions: MerlinT and C.C. 95
@RomanCH ouch no title of spine job, rest of it looks ok. just how people meant to know what there pulling off there shelf?
seems a bit daft to me

basil :thumbs:
I totally agree with you @Basil It's frustrating when you are googling around the shelf and stop in one, thinking "which the heck was this...?" xD

I was originally on Karel's GB, but now that it's cancelled I may be thanking the old gods and the new ones for the turning out of the events :)