Shaq to Cavs?

mobius387

beer snob
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4285489

Does the Diesel have another championship in him? If he goes, and the Cavs win, does that take away from Lebron's first victory? So many questions!

Last edited:
Why?
He's too old and washed out. He's just gonna drag them, not bring them closer to a championship.

he's replacing ben wallace..this is a huge upgrade. he's not going to be a full time center..

Ben Wallace played 23.5 minutes per game last season for Cleveland, he shot 44.5 percent, he made 42 percent of his free throws, and he scored 2.9 points with 6.5 rebounds and 1.3 blocks per game.

If Shaq plays 23.5 minutes per game next year for Cleveland? He's not going to average that. He's going to be much, much better. And Wallace, let's be honest, can be crappy on defense these days.

from a yahoo story

It takes it away like it did with Kobe.

lol

that was a completely different story. kobe was straight out of high school when he got those rings with shaq.

shaq is an old man and a former shell of himself. the cavs making themselves better doesn't take away from lebron's championship..if it were to happen. it hardly makes them better anyways

lol

that was a completely different story. kobe was straight out of high school when he got those rings with shaq.

shaq is an old man and a former shell of himself. the cavs making themselves better doesn't take away from lebron's championship..if it were to happen. it hardly makes them better anyways

It was 3-4 yrs after he was in the NBA... how long has Lebron been there? (5) so yes it still counts...

I agree with Xtop, Shaq is nowhere near what he was at LA .. taht was his PRIME ... he will help the cavs out because he is big, and for a defensive standpoint of having to make guards think twice about running the to goal (layups etc.) .. He isnt gonna be what he was in LA ... but he'll help out alot if he stays healthy .. it wont take away from Lebrons ring .. its not like there getting Tim Duncan or anything ... jeez. This is prolly Shaqs last year unless he plays one more.

I agree with Xtop, Shaq is nowhere near what he was at LA .. taht was his PRIME ... he will help the cavs out because he is big, and for a defensive standpoint of having to make guards think twice about running the to goal (layups etc.) .. He isnt gonna be what he was in LA ... but he'll help out alot if he stays healthy .. it wont take away from Lebrons ring .. its not like there getting Tim Duncan or anything ... jeez. This is prolly Shaqs last year unless he plays one more.

OMG i am shocked! I agree with Wreck!!!

It was 3-4 yrs after he was in the NBA... how long has Lebron been there? (5) so yes it still counts...

well if signing a guy to come off the bench means winning a championship doesn't mean anything..then i hate to see what will happen when they sign a starter

Shaq said he has 3 more years in him. don't know if that means anything.

yes shaq is obviously not the same player he was when he won the titles in LA, but i'm simply asking if the cavs win, will people say it was because of shaq, thus automatically taking away from lebrons win? it doesn't matter if his presence actually contributed more than any other non-lebron player on their team, just that people will think that it was only cause of shaq.

i think it will, slightly. most people will recognize that its still lebron's team etc, but just the fact that for the past 3 years they couldn't win without shaq, then if they win the first year he goes there, people will jump to the conclusion based off that fact alone. if lebron wins more after shaq leaves, then no one will really remember.

but this is all of course HUGE speculation. there are pleanty of good teams in the NBA that can compete with the Cavs with or without Shaq

they aren't going to win by just adding shaq, its a moot point. and a silly question anyways. adding a bench player and then trying to say thats the real reason you won a championship