kick ass U.K
paul U.K
twilight 1-3
faster German
shooter German

If anyone has any of there for sale message me with prices please

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey anyone know where i can pick up a copy with decent reasonable shipping costs to the U.K

TA :oohyeah:

You mean the DVD sized one from Best Buy?

Or the blu-ray sized one from Future Shop?

EDIT - mods - it would be really great if we could have a sticky that says "I'm looking for X steelbook" can anyone help me find it?

Last edited:
sorry guys the blu ray size one?? thanks

You looking for the FS New Moon? If so, I got two with the twilight sb free. I got them for two members who couldn't wait for them and I got stuck with both. They r new and mint. Never opened. If interested send me a pm and I'll send some pictures

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Ebay

Hey don't know if this is the right section to post this in, i recently won the spiderwick chronicles on ebay for about £14.00 including shipping ( bargain i thought )
Until it came today with the most horrendous dint ever, now what do i do with it? what are my options guys??

Thanks

P.S the packaging was awful just a little jiffy bag which look like it had been used about 10 times

shep

Hey don't know if this is the right section to post this in, i recently won the spiderwick chronicles on ebay for about £14.00 including shipping ( bargain i thought )
Until it came today with the most horrendous dint ever, now what do i do with it? what are my options guys??

Thanks

P.S the packaging was awful just a little jiffy bag which look like it had been used about 10 times

shep

I think it depends on the listing itself. If it advertised brand new with no dents or dings, It also could have happened in transit, check to see what the sellers return policy is. I know for what I was seeing on eBay a lot of steelbook sellers now have a disclaimer stating that in transit damage can occur and returns will not be allowed. Ive had a few arrive damaged from sellers and they were kind enough to swap it out. But if it was just a single copy from someones collection you might not be able to do anything. I suggest just sending a friendly message to the seller and see what can be done.

Best of luck to you !

Thanks

shep

I bought something from the UK on ebay.co.uk and it worked just like it does on ebay.com for me, so this is what you should do.

1) Contact the seller via e-bay messages and explain the problem with the steelbook.
2) If the seller is worth his salt, he will offer you a full refund if you return the steelbook to him.
3) If he refuses to do this, open an e-bay CASE for the item. State your problem clearly and concisely - always be polite.
4) You will have to wait for the seller to respond to the case, for a little bit...if he does not do anything, or refuses to answer you....E-BAY will FULLY REFUND your purchase price, but you will need to ship it back to the seller.
And don't ship it back without a TRACKING NUMBER, as you need to prove to e-bay you sent it back.

I think it depends on the listing itself. If it advertised brand new with no dents or dings, It also could have happened in transit, check to see what the sellers return policy is. I know for what I was seeing on eBay a lot of steelbook sellers now have a disclaimer stating that in transit damage can occur and returns will not be allowed. Ive had a few arrive damaged from sellers and they were kind enough to swap it out. But if it was just a single copy from someones collection you might not be able to do anything. I suggest just sending a friendly message to the seller and see what can be done.

Best of luck to you !

It doesn't matter what the disclaimer is any more. People say that, because they want to discourage folks from trying to send something with tiny dings or weight impressions back. But ebay will cover your purchase 100% - if it arrived as not as described, meaning the dent was not stated in the auction terms, then the seller will lose every time.. It's a complete buyers market now.

Best of luck to you !

+1..king

What I usually do is ask the seller to bubble wrap and in a cardboard box and I offer to pay extra.

+1..king

What I usually do is ask the seller to bubble wrap and in a cardboard box and I offer to pay extra.

HA. I include that in my normal shipping costs to people - always boxed with bubble wrap. :oohyeah:

Isn't it unfortunate that a buyer has to ask the seller to be careful? :(

very its pathetic as a matter of fact! so i will have to pay shipping costs back to the seller , i may just leave it as it only cost £13.00 and just leave bad feedback as to poor packaging

very its pathetic as a matter of fact! so i will have to pay shipping costs back to the seller , i may just leave it as it only cost £13.00 and just leave bad feedback as to poor packaging

Yes, e-bay requires that you foot the bill to send the item back.

Up to you on that one - but I always try to work it out with the seller by contacting them first before I leave feedback of any kind.

Some sellers want to make the problem right - you have to remember that e-bay will penalize a seller that gets negative feedback by potentially reducing their seller discount or featuring their listings differently.

It doesn't matter what the disclaimer is any more. People say that, because they want to discourage folks from trying to send something with tiny dings or weight impressions back. But ebay will cover your purchase 100% - if it arrived as not as described, meaning the dent was not stated in the auction terms, then the seller will lose every time.. It's a complete buyers market now.

I have never lost a claim, including a sealed DE Iron Man that got destroyed. I'm not sure if you have to pay with Paypal to get the guarantee, but I do. It does, however, take time to get your refund.:D

1) Contact the seller via e-bay messages and explain the problem with the steelbook.
2) If the seller is worth his salt, he will offer you a full refund if you return the steelbook to him.

First stuff first - i was not the seller :hilarious::D

Andy how can you expect the seller to refund or exchange a steelbook that evidently got damaged in transit. ?!?

Everybody nowadays is just out to save some money . They expect for almost nothing in shipping charges to have a bullet proof packaging.

I am a very reputed seller - trader - as you yourself know . Now i would NOT give a refund or resend a steelbook that got damaged in transit. Why should I ? There are Post regualtions which cover such things. If it was really damged bad , it should have been noticed on the packaging itself and then the buyer should have informed the post about it.

First off in Germany it is the buyer (in personal selling) who is responsible for any loss or damage , that might sound silly to you BUT if i want to make sure it arrives in good condition i have to pay the expenses for it.

I dont know how it is there in the UK (if that is where you bought it) but i would say here in Germany when you buy a stelelbook over ebay the "normal" shipping method is in a padded envelop (normally brown).

And that the seller reuses the package material - think of it like this - hes doing something good for the Green World. - Recycle.

Even though i do "feel" with this persons loss , i can fully understand why the seller might have sent it off in just a bubble wrapper instead of really investing money for packaging materials.

I myself when selling national always let the buyer know that the shipping charges only are for a bubble envelop and if he wants anything more sturdy he will have to pay extra. Till today i have never had any issue if any damaged steelbooks ariving nationaly with a bublle envelop.

Now if i send INTERNATIONAL then i would of course now that it has to travel a very long way and that it needs some sort of boxing packageing in order to survive the trip.

Like i said - here it is te buyers responsibility not the sellers. And believe it or not that sounds logical to me.

John

First stuff first - i was not the seller :hilarious::D

Andy how can you expect the seller to refund or exchange a steelbook that evidently got damaged in transit. ?!?

Everybody nowadays is just out to save some money . They expect for almost nothing in shipping charges to have a bullet proof packaging.

I am a very reputed seller - trader - as you yourself know . Now i would NOT give a refund or resend a steelbook that got damaged in transit. Why should I ? There are Post regualtions which cover such things. If it was really damged bad , it should have been noticed on the packaging itself and then the buyer should have informed the post about it.

First off in Germany it is the buyer (in personal selling) who is responsible for any loss or damage , that might sound silly to you BUT if i want to make sure it arrives in good condition i have to pay the expenses for it.

I dont know how it is there in the UK (if that is where you bought it) but i would say here in Germany when you buy a stelelbook over ebay the "normal" shipping method is in a padded envelop (normally brown).

And that the seller reuses the package material - think of it like this - hes doing something good for the Green World. - Recycle.

Even though i do "feel" with this persons loss , i can fully understand why the seller might have sent it off in just a bubble wrapper instead of really investing money for packaging materials.

I myself when selling national always let the buyer know that the shipping charges only are for a bubble envelop and if he wants anything more sturdy he will have to pay extra. Till today i have never had any issue if any damaged steelbooks ariving nationaly with a bublle envelop.

Now if i send INTERNATIONAL then i would of course now that it has to travel a very long way and that it needs some sort of boxing packageing in order to survive the trip.

Like i said - here it is te buyers responsibility not the sellers. And believe it or not that sounds logical to me.

John

John - on ebay.com it doesn't matter how it was damaged. Ebay will refund the buyer 100% of the time, all they have to do is return the item. So any argument a seller would make is moot. ;)

With e-bay's new guidelines (which get even more strict in October), it's WORSE for the seller to refuse to do anything, as it becomes a negative / black mark against the seller - it will reduce that seller's ebay discount. So, when I state that if the seller is worth his salt - meaning if he has sold on e-bay before, he knows the rules and he knows he will likely lose.

If someone makes a big purchase from me, I insure it for it's full value including shipping through a service offered by Auctiva - it's about $1 for $100 worth of coverage.

I know you are reputable, and I'm sure you pack well. But a forum transaction is different than an e-bay one - and I was replying to his question about an e-bay transaction here.

Things work differently everywhere, I can only comment on my buying and selling practices on e-bay.

Also, I bought something on ebay.co.uk about 2 months or so ago, the seller didn't get a tracking number, it never arrived and I had to open an e-bay case to get my money back. I think the seller should have taken responsibility, on that item. That transaction worked the same as ebay.com, and I can only speculate
that the rest of the process works similar on ebay.co.uk now too.

I'm not sure if it's true or not - but I heard that in Germany, the buyer only has to show that they sent something back when they return an item - not that it ever was received. That wouldn't work on e-bay US.

Sorry if anything I stated was confusing or lead you to believe something I didn't intend to. :(

PS - in terms of being green - I use 100% biodegradable bubble wrap, boxes made of 50% recycled paper, and print my labels on 100% recycled paper. I also pay the power company an extra amount of money each month to have a hyrdo-electric power source put back into the grid. We can all do a little to recycle and be green - but I would never use a bubble mailer as a stand alone package that I've sent before. Just my 2 cents.

PPS - I include a box in the cost of mailing for any transaction - I don't assume people are aware how rough the post can be if sent in a bubble mailer. But maybe people are more informed over in Germany since they see steelbooks all the time. Dunno.

Last edited: