Sicario: Day of the Soldado (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (The Blu Collection) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #73) [Korea]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: March 29, 2019
Purchase links: 4K Full Slip - 4K Lenti - BD Full Slip - One Click - 1/4 Slip (First pre-order on Kimchi February 13 at 2 AM Korea Time - overseas only. The second pre-order will be proceeded on February 13 at 2 PM Korea Time, at the same time Korea and overseas. But the quantity is smaller)
Price: $144 (One Click) - $49.99 (Full Slip 4K + BD) - $49.99 (Lenticular Full Slip 4K + BD) - $36.99 (Full Slip BD) - $32.99 (1/4 Slip)
Group buy: One Click - Lenti - Full Slip - Full Slip BD
Note: Full Slip BD - 200 copies - Lenticular Full Slip 4K+BD - 200 copies - Full Slip 4K+BD - 300 copies - One Click - 250 copies

FB_IMG_1548386920391.jpgFB_IMG_1548386937095.jpgFB_IMG_1548386941650.jpgFB_IMG_1548387559780.jpg
48373396_1121425991371814_2919239294851743744_o.jpgFB_IMG_1548387554822.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think many of you are being far too hard on Lee. He came here venting about a scratch and then low and behold the seller was also a member here. There can be many ways to look at this, with no clear cut right decision. But even then its for ebay to handle. Or for two members to come a compromise via PMs either here or ebay.

I can see both sides, where it does suck for a seller especially since the customer has opened the package. But so should that mean the buyer should just be screwed? No. And I think its pretty obvious most know how ebay works and awards things. I've come to the conclusion and realization that for every X amount you sell, you will have one where something goes wrong whether legitimate or illegitimate .

Personally speaking , if im able to make the problem go away by sending another 4k disc that person's way then I'll go that method and take the loss that way if i really want that edition moved. Otherwise abide by the ebay rules and do the refund etc with return even if im pissed while doing it. But before all of that, I'd ask if the buyer is ok with splitting the loss on a replacement 4k disc as there's a good chance the two can meet half way. Sometimes they'll say sure.

I mean if someone was really scamming , already incognito .... do you think they are going to come to collector forum and complain about a fake scratched disc? That just seems odd to me. Why say anything at all then?

Either way I think its a shame that many folks are so quick to judge on member's who've been around in the Community (thousands of posts) over Sicario part 2. This isn't even a Dr Strange blufans we're talking about here? :p

Not to escalate anything but my opinion has always been you take the risk when you buy on the after market. If I have damages on the Steelbook or Discs there’s nothing that can be done. I can’t see how a seller would know if the item is new and sealed. I’ve had this happen before and just had to suck it up. It is very frustrating but thats the risk we take when buying Steelbooks in general.

Just caught up on this. Wow at first (before @sunnyx first post and bombshell) I thought there was some really sh!!!tty comments made toward lee. But then boom!

I mean I get both sides of the eBay argument and I’ve personally been on both sides of damage on eBay items (buyer and seller) and at the end of the day the seller is responsible regardless of if they say in the description they don’t accept returns. (Happened once to me as a seller where the person was clearly trying to scam me as they refused to bother with the return which would of come out of my pocket with postage and refund) found it weird that they stopped contacting me after I asked them to arrange a return and I can accept it etc. I was annoyed when they messaged me but at the same time I knew when selling the item that something could go wrong (but they were lying in this instance and then went silent)

However, sunny (although it’s harsh it’s had to get to this stage of going public) has proved that there isn’t anything wrong. Especially if he has tested the discs. So it is really fishy.

Also, a few months back I received a steelbook as a gift from a friend. Brand new and sealed etc. It turned out the 4k disc was scratched and it kept skipping in my new 4K player. (can’t watch about 4/5 mins of a scene toward the end of the film) It was a gift though and it was given to me about 6 months ago so all i need to do is buy a separate disc which I’ve still not got around to doing. But I’m just saying it does happen FYI (scratched new discs)

Last edited:
Not to escalate anything but my opinion has always been you take the risk when you buy on the after market. If I have damages on the Steelbook or Discs there’s nothing that can be done. I can’t see how a seller would know if the item is new and sealed. I’ve had this happen before and just had to suck it up. It is very frustrating but thats the risk we take when buying Steelbooks in general.
I do also agree with this if the seller makes mention of it in the listing. Like when they say "inspect it the best you can, but if you open it then the risk is on you for anything underneath" things of that nature. Because then I feel like its the same equivalent of you picking out the best in a store on your own etc. Sometimes emailing the retailers etc will still take care of things, studios usually will to if disc issues. Sadly kimchi is very bad on replacements so that was an issue here.

Reactions: Sigill
I do also agree with this if the seller makes mention of it in the listing. Like when they say "inspect it the best you can, but if you open it then the risk is on you for anything underneath" things of that nature. Because then I feel like its the same equivalent of you picking out the best in a store on your own etc. Sometimes emailing the retailers etc will still take care of things, studios usually will to if disc issues. Sadly kimchi is very bad on replacements so that was an issue here.
Yeah I feel pretty much the same even when buying from a store. If there is minor damage that was hidden I think you have to live with that aswell. I know people say you can return it once it’s opened but I’ve never done that unless it was visible with the shrink wrap on.
With the Premium retailers it is different as these things aren’t cheap but again getting a replacement/ refund isn’t always easy and usually means waiting a long time to receive a replacement item.
I think if it’s just the disc then it’s always best to just get a replacement disc. It’s not too expensive to purchase a disc rather than wanting to send the whole package back. As you said I would rather pay the extra to do that to keep a buyer happy.

When I open a steel from Best Buy that as a ding or something under that I didnt see. I get pissed for like 2 seconds, and move on. I know some people do take them back and exchange etc, but that isnt worth the hassle and stares I'll get to pull off that feat. "YOu win some, you lose some ... but you live, you live to fight another day. " RIP MR. Witherspoon

@leelee17 as the disc are in perfect working order, both 4K discs I have (my opened copy and your copy that you returned) are in identical condition and operate perfectly, I gave you the option to pick which one you want to resolve the matter.

As you have not answered or provided anything to support your allegations of a scratched disc or willing to accept a replacement gives me the belief that you purchased the item, changed your mind, then got a magnify glass out to identify some tiny hairline marks just like you could do in any item, and opened a case to create a free return.

If this is not the case then you should be willing to accept a replacement disc? Why are you ignoring the matter?

The two issues that the community are concerned with in this case is the following.

1 - You purchased a premium SteelBook from a private seller that accepts no returns, and the standard SteelBook disclaimer that they are not responsible for any damages if you remove the seal. This is the risk you are willing to take if you buy from a private seller.

The issue I have is you ignored the disclaimer, and decided to return this. I wonder if you would had done the same if I sold you this HDN if you had paid by Paypal goods? Or is it just because it happened on eBay? What difference does it make whether it’s done on eBay or HDN?

2 - The biggest issue I have here @leelee17 is there is nothing wrong with the disc!! :rofl:
The fact you have given no photographs and never confirmed to eBay what the problem is, if there is a fault with playback, etc other than it arrived damaged, and scratched disc? Now the item has been returned to me and I have inspected it, there is nothing wrong with the item and identical to my own copy. All this gives me the impression of dishonesty in your claim.

To summarise:
Issue 1 - Opening a perfectly sealed copy and then discovering the defects allegedly (despite accepting the disclaimer on purchase) and enforced a return on eBay.
Issue 2 - Dishonesty in your claim.

Now the third issue is you appear not willing to resolve the matter. If you were a genuine buyer I am sure you be willing to resolve this. The silence speaks for itself.

Reactions: milky
i hate when people ignore basic common sense and abuse a faulty system for their own unjustified benefit, especially when its at the cost of someone else.. really shows what a person you are, sorry...

Reactions: Actarus and Scahom1
@leelee17
I have now decided to go public on eBay/HDN on this matter and tell you that I am the eBay seller that sold you a perfectly sealed copy of Sicario 2.
To cut this short leelee DID NOT stick by his word stating that he will drop the case. Nope, he decided to pursue this and leave the 'situation in the hands of eBay' I quote. We all know eBay will always side with the Buyer 99.9% of the time.

He opened the case stating the item arrived damaged with not one single photo to support his claim.

So I escalate the claim and of course eBay will favour the buyer and authorise the return at my expense.

The item was returned to me today. Here is the so called 'scratches' leelee is referring to:

There are no scratches, the disc works perfectly fine.
If there were scratches then you will need a magnify glass and be mega OCD.
leelee as a collector since 2011 and seller yourself, you are doing absolutely NO favours for this community and giving eBay a very bad name for selling.
There is nothing wrong with this disc and it plays perfectly fine. You can still do the right thing and accept this opened copy.

Edit - leelee last post stated that he was going to drop the eBay case on HDN which he obviously never did. He has since deleted that post...

I cant be the only one who got seriously Vince McMahon flashbacks from this post :LOL::rofl:

Seriously though I know at the end of the day we buy a premium steelbook package for the love of that particular film but I cant be alone in thinking the disc is actually the least important part of the package? I mean just go and pick up a replacement disc from eBay or another after market source and if you cant find it for a good price I doubt it'll be long before HMV, Zoom and Zavvi all have it in their 2 for £30 deal :confused:

I think you're beating a dead horse now though @sunnyx I cant imagine the buyer is going to agree to take delivery of the item again because as you suspect I think he's just got the item in hand and changed his mind about wanting it :(

Reactions: DMD4k
Worst thing about Leelee17 actions are is that Sunnyx is going to be seriously out of pocket now. You send a brand new item out get a opened package back there is 40-50% lost all ready postage cost for sending out the item, then postage cost for sending it back which sunnyx will have to pay. And now sunnyx will have to pay the final value fee. worst thing is there is clearly no damage to the 4k disc. I bet the buyer as not even got a 4k player and couldn't get it to work. I dislike eBay more and more these days its so favors the buyer.

Last edited by a moderator:
We do not govern sales that happen outside this forum. Its far too time consuming and taxing for a volunteer staff.

Worst thing about Leelee17 actions are is that Sunnyx is going to be seriously out of pocket now. You send a brand new item out get a opened package back there is 40-50% lost all ready postage cost for sending out the item, then postage cost for sending it back which sunnyx will have to pay. And now sunnyx will have to pay the final value fee. worst thing is there is clearly no damage to the 4k disc. I bet the buyer as not even got a 4k player and couldn't get it to work. I dislike eBay more and more these days its so favors the buyer.

I'm wondering what was edited by the moderator.. hmm.. :p

Well Leelee has been fully refunded.
I’ve lost out on both sides of the postage costs.
I’ve lost out on FV fees.
Now I have a steel thats lost significant value.
I’m probably going to give this away for free on HDN just to prove a point that there was nothing ever wrong with his copy and my opinion @leelee17 is you changed your mind and wanted to obtain a free return and then came on HDN ranting about it expecting some form of sympathy not knowing I am a long term collector with a lot of experience and I can sniff out when something is dodgy or fishy.

while you’re at it stop misleading customers with steelbooks that are opened but listed as ‘new’ on your eBay sales. ;)