'Snow White and the Huntsman' in theaters June 1,2012

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Kristen Stewart in negotiations for "Snow White"

Per Backstage:

Kristen Stewart is the fairest them of all.

The "Twilight" star is in negotiations to star in "Snow White and the Huntsman," putting her on the road to topline the movie alongside Viggo Mortensen and Charlize Theron for Universal's take on the fairy tale.

The deal is not done and could still fall apart, but both sides want it to happen.

Stewart is a name that Universal kept coming back to since acquiring the project. Still, it went through a series of screen tests with actresses such as Riley Keough, Felicity Jones and Alicia Vikander. As The Hollywood Reporter previously reported, Stewart was still being courted as late as last week, and Universal finally made an offer over the weekend.

Commercial helmer Rupert Sanders is making his directorial debut on the pic, which amps up the action quotient from the fairy tale and plays up the relationship between White and the Huntsman. In the new scenario, when she is banished and on the run by the evil queen (Theron), the Huntsman (Mortensen) takes her under his wing to protect her, and she becomes his protege, learning how to fight and defend herself.

Do you guys really put any stock in critic reviews? They have pretty much rated most of my favourite movies over the last decade as garbage. By that logic if I had followed them I would have missed most of my favourite movies in at the big screen. The only reviews I put any stock in are from some like minded friends, family and online people.

Reactions: dboy99
I went yesterday to the local premier, I still in a position that I can not conclude for an opinion, looking to a constipated "Bella" for most of the movie made it very hard to pass, I was expecting for a more fast movie, for me Charlize fell short here, and Thor in a cliche presentation of the Avenger character, but this is my opinion.

Do you guys really put any stock in critic reviews? They have pretty much rated most of my favourite movies over the last decade as garbage. By that logic if I had followed them I would have missed most of my favourite movies in at the big screen. The only reviews I put any stock in are from some like minded friends, family and online people.
Ultimately everyone is their own critic. I think we all know that. I think nowadays there is too much love or hate mentality when it comes to movies. I think there are average movies and I combine my interest in a movie with metacritic + RT as a guide to visit the cinema or wait for a rental. When it seems like a hit/miss flick, I usually skip it and wait for rental. Looks good in previews but a lot of people seem to be cold on Stewart.

Ultimately everyone is their own critic. I think we all know that. I think nowadays there is too much love or hate mentality when it comes to movies. I think there are average movies and I combine my interest in a movie with metacritic + RT as a guide to visit the cinema or wait for a rental. When it seems like a hit/miss flick, I usually skip it and wait for rental. Looks good in previews but a lot of people seem to be cold on Stewart.

I guess everyone has there own formula. I guess what Im saying is going based off just critics is a mistake IMO. Thats my personal experience.

That being said after my last post in the thread I watched the movie, lol. IMO it falls short of the hype. It wasn't a bad movie either. I don't regret going to go watch it but something was just lacking in the movie. The visuals were awesome and the story was obvious (isn't is suppose to for these movies) but I dunno how to explain it (without giving spoilers) but there are a bunch of hard cuts in the movie. By that I mean some transitions in the character development and story that are too sharp and just not "natural".

I give the movie 7/10. I had hoped it would be better. Still a good movie in my books.

Last edited:

Can't trust these reviews especially not with the cast(Kristen Stewart).It will never be review fairly.

I'll watch it when it comes out on blu-ray, regardless of reviews. It's looks interesting to me, and that's my judge most of the time. Reviews help me decide on occasions, but not very often. Sometimes people expect too much out of a movie, they all can't be blockbusters.

I would give this movie a good 3 out of 5 stars. It was totally entertaining during its whole running length.

Three movies (thor, avengers, cabin in the woods) has proven that Hemsworth is really a remarkable leading man. He was the only one in the whole movie that gave the movie soul. He really is the best new young action hero and leading man. Im curious to see how his brother will be in The Expendables sequel since I only have seen him in The Hunger Games. He seems likable too but so far Chris really seems to be the standout of the two.

Charlize Theron was awesome as usual - im glad to see her doing juicy roles for big budget Hollywood movies again since her indie film choices have been "mehhh". She's a great actress but I prefer watching her in Hollywood flicks - she's really got the villain roles nailed down now being the villain in about 5 movies already!

I'm not a fan of Kristen Stewart but she was decent in this film. I would have liked to seen her fight though - she puts on armor, gets a sword, gives a rah rah speech, but doesn't really fight any soldiers...I'm not sure if I like her or not. She's gonna have to do something completely different for me to become a fan - maybe do more action or comedy? I guess the appeal of her is that she's just a typical average girl.

Snow White and the Huntsman is nowhere near the awesome levels of Lord of the Rings or Legend, but it's right up there along with Excalibur and Flesh+Blood.

I loved the fairy forest and how the director stole that whole scene from Miyazaki's Princess Mononoke!

It seems like most media is saying that the success of Snow White and the Huntsman is due to Kristen Stewart - in almost every movie article i've read, they keep on saying stuff like, "this movie proves that she's a success outside of the Twilight movies."

I saw this film mainly to see Chris Hemsworth, but no one seems to be saying, "this proves that Hemsworth is now a star after Thor." I just want to see more of him - he's got tons of presence and seems like a great leading man.

Has anyone else noticed that Stewart seems to be taking away attention from Hemsworth - the true star and heart of the film?

I wont see it because shes in to too. Any actor or actress making millions of dollars and then complains that their life is too easy doesn't need any of my money or time.

The trailers look interesting and as another person mentioned previously, some of the movies that I really enjoyed have been deadpanned by critic reviews... so, as they say, ymmv...

Here's my thoughts on the movie. I am using spoiler tags so read at your own risk.

The story went through some great re-imagining. The dark twist that filmmakers used to tell the story was great. I enjoyed the great deal of imagination and ideas that were employed from beginning to end. When I though they had shown enough, they gave me more to think about.

The dark world seemed to fit Charlize Theron's performance. She brought the queen to life, she gave her character this twisted insane personality that just simply stole the show. Christin Stewart was ok, I had more attachment to Chris Hemsworth than her lifeless Snow White interpretation. Also on a quick note, if a studio is planning to make a movie about a girl that's prettier than Charlize Theron they picked the wrong girl for the role lol :hilarious:

The theater in which we went was bad, I had been there for many other movies so I know it's not the way all their theaters are, but this one in particular had the audio much louder on the left side than the right so there was some unbalance in the speakers. It was quite annoying.

Last edited:
Here's my thoughts on the movie. I am using spoiler tags so read at your own risk.

The story went through some great re-imagining. The dark twist that filmmakers used to tell the story was great. I enjoyed the great deal of imagination and ideas that were employed from beginning to end. When I though they had shown enough, they gave me more to think about.

The dark world seemed to fit Charlize Theron's performance. She brought the queen to life, she gave her character this twisted insane personality that just simply stole the show. Christin Stewart was ok, I had more attachment to Chris Hemsworth than her lifeless Snow White interpretation. Also on a quick note, if a studio is planning to make a movie about a girl that's prettier than Charlize Theron they picked the wrong girl for the role lol :hilarious:

The theater in which we went was bad, I had been there for many other movies so I know it's not the way all their theaters are, but this one in particular had the audio much louder on the left side than the right so there was some unbalance in the speakers. It was quite annoying.

Agreed on this part in your spoiler 100% :D

Also on a quick note, if a studio is planning to make a movie about a girl that's prettier than Charlize Theron they picked the wrong girl for the role lol :hilarious:

I thought Olivia Wilde would have been a great Snow White personally, but, I obviously have personal agenda's behind that motive :)