Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 24, 2018
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £24.99 (3D+2D)

11774074-1204595967948798.jpg
11774073-3834595967794133.jpg

11774074-1594595967584952.jpg
11774074-1594595967694350.jpg
11774073-1064581216802098.jpg

Last edited:
I only got round to seeing this a couple of weeks ago on the plane and I was surprised - I really liked it. No Jedi mumbo jumbo just straightforward action and lots of eye candy.
@zavvi still haven’t dispatched my Steelbook though despite helping themselves to my money on Tuesday.

Originally I wasn’t interested. All trailers were so bad. Donald Glover was my last hope.

Then a bunch of people at work were saying it wasn’t bad so I planned to go cinema but it never happened. Sad thing is I’ll always buy a WWA marvel, Star Wars and Pixar as well as a blufans. Even if I don’t like the film that much lol.

I’ll see what this is like today or Tomorrow
Ah, fair enough. I was the opposite... loved the trailers but ended up being somewhat disappointed with the film. It certainly isn't bad though and will still most likely end up in my Top 5 of 2018, but it's probably my least favourite of all the recent SW films.

Looking forward to finally rewatching it anyway, and maybe I'll actually enjoy it a lot more now I know exactly what to expect. There are some great standout moments, that's for sure!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
This has to be up there as a contender for worst steelbook of the year, looking at the poor resolution on the back it reminds me of the awful Daredevil steel from Fox

Does anyone know anything about digital codes? I have never used them but I'm curious about whether there is any difference between the digital code that would be in the Solo 4K steelbook and the digital code that would be in the regular blu-ray amaray.

Are the digital codes in a 4K release really in 4K?

Thank you in advance.

Does anyone know anything about digital codes? I have never used them but I'm curious about whether there is any difference between the digital code that would be in the Solo 4K steelbook and the digital code that would be in the regular blu-ray amaray.

Thank you in advance.
Some do, some don’t. And for those that do, if you redeem in the “wrong” place, you might only end up with HD. Check this 4K sheet of where to redeem your 4K codes Incidently I just found this by Google.

Here’s another list.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stygian

Thank you in advance.
Disney no longer provide digital copy with UK/Ireland releases been that way long time now

You would need to purchase USA/Canada release to receive a digital copy code and also be resident of USA/Canada or have an USA/Canada iTunes account if your based outside USA/Canada but once you use that your locked to USA/Canada iTunes account for 3 months before you can change country for purchases.

Disney no longer provide digital copy with UK/Ireland releases been that way long time now

You would need to purchase USA/Canada release to receive a digital copy code and also be resident of USA/Canada or have an USA iTunes account if your based outside USA/Canada but once you use that your locked to USA itunes account for 3 months

Thanks Paul. I asked this question in the Canadian steelbook thread but I didn't get any replies so I asked here as well.
I didn't know that the UK doesn't get digital codes for disney films. I'm learning a lot today. :LOL:

Reactions: paulboland