Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 24, 2018
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £24.99 (3D+2D)

11774074-1204595967948798.jpg
11774073-3834595967794133.jpg

11774074-1594595967584952.jpg
11774074-1594595967694350.jpg
11774073-1064581216802098.jpg

Last edited:
Yeahr you are right, thats even worse... Disney really should change this!
USA and UK release has title on the spine
Look at post #191 UK steelbook

Some countries in Europe have faces on the spine but not every country
UK has title on spine with Disney UK releases the last disney UK steelbook with faces on the spine was force awakens all disney releases after this has title on the spine

Reactions: MakeMeHappy
Same here, nice surprise for me, didn´t expect much after trailers, but it has drive from start to finish, it´s funny and Solo was pretty cool so I really liked it. But waiting for Blufans, no way Im keeping this dull steelbook....so many crappy steels lately (n):meh:

The movie was really enjoyable, caught it in the IMAX originally. Enjoyed just as much in the HT.
Only part I didn't much like was the very last part.
Won't go into details though
Though the steel is as underwhelming as the others in the Star Wars series

has anyone had theres at all yet from monday since?
3d version

i haven't seen a bean of this and i actually wondering if this hase been posted to me, or because i cancelled they have charged me sent a dispatch email and sent nothing.
after all this is zavvi and nothing would surprise me now.

basil :thumbs:

3d version

i haven't seen a bean of this and i actually wondering if this hase been posted to me, or because i cancelled they have charged me sent a dispatch email and sent nothing.

Same here, but mine's not even been dispatched, despite them charging me last week. I've been on to them via Live Chat but getting the usual fob off.

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil
3d version

Hi Basil my 3D version has turned up on Monday.

FYI I ended up watching Ghost in the Shell 3D and will watch Solo solo on the weekend

Reactions: Basil
Embarrassed to admit that i thought this was going to suck. Also saw it on Saturday and thought it was awesome.

Probably a lot of people around the world saying that same thing right now who avoided seeing it at the theatre.
Bad word of mouth kept ticket sales down, causing it to "bomb" and quite possibly no sequels now.

Reactions: denizen
Yup. I agree with you. I think everyone felt the pain of Last Jedi and thought this was going to go that route too.

Although i do not necessarily hate LJ, there were so many things wrong with it. Dialogue was the worst.

Yup. I agree with you. I think everyone felt the pain of Last Jedi and thought this was going to go that route too.

Although i do not necessarily hate LJ, there were so many things wrong with it. Dialogue was the worst.
No, Kylo Ren's grandpa pants were the worst.EEK!
shirtless-adam-driver-1073144-970x545.jpg

Reactions: denizen
well the mystery of the missing steel has been solved :LOL:
went to see my neighbour who is a builder doing his house up its a bomb atm. hes helping me out with a ceiling and on his floor was my steelbox
hes been away for a week anyway long and short of it royal mail stuck it thru the wrong door.
so in this instant zavvi didn't cock up EEK!

and cant make my mind up to keep it or sell it as all blufans are on hold.
do i keep it use it flog on when blufans lands on my mat or just flog it now?

Reactions: GeoRattray
well the mystery of the missing steel has been solved :LOL:
went to see my neighbour who is a builder doing his house up its a bomb atm. hes helping me out with a ceiling and on his floor was my steelbox
hes been away for a week anyway long and short of it royal mail stuck it thru the wrong door.
so in this instant zavvi didn't cock up EEK!

and cant make my mind up to keep it or sell it as all blufans are on hold.
do i keep it use it flog on when blufans lands on my mat or just flog it now?

I’ll take it off your hands if you don’t want it mate.

Probably a lot of people around the world saying that same thing right now who avoided seeing it at the theatre.
Bad word of mouth kept ticket sales down, causing it to "bomb" and quite possibly no sequels now.

I expect/hope that as this film gets more views the demand for a sequal will grow. It wasn't perfect, the equal rights for droids and Lando's dreadful L3-37 took me out of the universe momentarily, but overall it was a very enjoyable film.

Episode 9 will be the big test at the box office. That is a film I will be avoiding as TLJ was arguably not just the worst Star Wars film, but one of the most dreadful movies I have ever seen. Solo following on so soon after that mess was always going to suffer.

I have a few ideas of how they could fix 9 and all involve it being some sort of dream sequence akin to Dallas. This current First Order / Resistance arc needs confining to the EU with the Vong.