Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
And once again the postie goes past and... wait, just a minute... what's he doing?

He's reached in to his bag and pulled something out.

Now he's walking down the path with what looks like a white box in his hand. Something of the like I've not seen in a LONG while.

Now it's through the letter box so what could it be? Could it POSSIBLY be? Really? No, don't get too excited. Last time it was just an empty case (with a floating Vader head on it).

But this time, it REALLY is! So it DOES exist after all, and now I have one in my hands! After all this time:
View attachment 492770
It it LOOKS perfect! No spine slash. No scratches (so far as I can see). No dents.

Time to unwrap...

Yep. all looks good...

But wait...

What's this on the reverse?

Yep! Mine is exactly like that. OK, not a big deal for me, and you can only really see it when turned at a certain angle. Still, no harm in letting Zavvi know...

Well I can't beat the high tension drama of @Doctor delivery but I am glad to *finally* have my replacement (and it came with a copy of Blade and Lighthouse at the same time which is some relief :LOL: :sweat:)
I'd say that's the last of my orders with Zavvi after all these shenanigans but they've got us over a barrel really havent they...

I'd say that's the last of my orders with Zavvi after all these shenanigans but they've got us over a barrel really havent they...
They can bend me over a barrel as much as they want pal after this but I will still not purchase a single item from them going forward.
I am even willing to pay for the odd exclusive over the odds on the bay and all my others from elsewhere.

Reactions: al i an and davhyl
They can bend me over a barrel as much as they want pal after this but I will still not purchase a single item from them going forward.
I am even willing to pay for the odd exclusive over the odds on the bay and all my others from elsewhere.
I'm still waiting for Solo, but I also ordered Total Recall yesterday. I agree though, unless it's an insanely good looking exclusive, then I'm not purchasing from them again. Now I just need to figure out how to cancel my RC subscription.

Reactions: kingkarl1967
Already filed for item not delivered ... hopefully it wont do the same **** as episode 1 where they just told me they didn't have any replacements and refunded it ... now i'll have to get it on ebay

Already filed for item not delivered ... hopefully it wont do the same **** as episode 1 where they just told me they didn't have any replacements and refunded it ... now i'll have to get it on ebay
Ditto. And I sent my request on 11/20. I contacted them on Twitter at the same time. And what's worse they couldn't even bother to reply on their mail system. FFS, I actually ordered 2 copies because they sent me a bad copy of RoTJ and I wanted to avoid eBay again. Just pisses me off how badly they handled this. There's no excuse for them selling existing stock last week, when they knew there was a problem.

Given the sheer number of people who never received their copies and the fact that they made the decision to sell additional copies while lacking any sort of transparency as to what happened to cause this latest problem (this clearly isn't a case of postal error or malfeasance because it's too large in scale), I just can't believe they aren't moving to order replacement copies. They must be getting bombarded with undelivered item claims and they seem to have no clear or consistent policy or plan of action other than whatever the rep you happen to get comes up with in that moment. It's shocking, really.

Just got a response back from filing out my Item Not Received form to say that a replacement will be dispatched shortly.
I thought they were all out of stock?

Got a reply today
"I'm very sorry that you are missing the Solo: A Star Wars Story – Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook (3 Disc Edition includes Blu-ray).

Unfortunately this item is currently out of stock. We can send a replacement once it has been restocked, or we can offer a refund.

Please let us know which you prefer."

Here's hoping they'll get a restock